• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

For Makima's regeneration, I'm confused on smthm. Wasn't Kishibe doubtful that Denji's plan to eat Makima would actually work in-universe? With it later stating that the only way to kill Makima is through an act of love? Therefore, doesn't this entail regeneration at a conceptual level or something like that?

For Makima's regeneration, I'm confused on smthm. Wasn't Kishibe doubtful that Denji's plan to eat Makima would actually work in-universe? With it later stating that the only way to kill Makima is through an act of love? Therefore, doesn't this entail regeneration at a conceptual level or something like that?
denji doesn't have pochita's power of erasing the devils he eats otherwise the eternity devil and the bat devil would've disappeared(or lost most of their power like Yoru) a long time ago

Why cant the Quanxi feat be calced again?

Edit: Nvm I remember why, but I've heard there are ways around it

Last edited:
yoru needs more evidence for below average intelligence, im pretty sure she just doesnt understand empathy or human customs due to being a devil. she has to be at least smarter than power for sure

Why cant the Quanxi feat be calced again?

Edit: Nvm I remember why, but I've heard there are ways around it
The only ways are to 1) Calc it as a slow motion feat (can be argued against), 2) Calc it with a different timeframe than the perception of humans (can be argued against), 3) Wait for Season 2 and pray MAPPA wanks the feat to oblivion.

Anything else gives subsonic.

The only ways are to 1) Calc it as a slow motion feat (can be argued against), 2) Calc it with a different timeframe than the perception of humans (can be argued against), 3) Wait for Season 2 and pray MAPPA wanks the feat to oblivion.

Anything else gives subsonic.
Damn I'm sure no one wants to dive into that mess, in that case we probably should just wait for the anime and in the mean time use Yoru blitzing Yoshida as a replacement for base Quanxi and the Santa feat for when she's transformed

Also will the Supersonic+ feat remain? because I think there were mixed opinions on it getting removed with the majority against it

yoru needs more evidence for below average intelligence, im pretty sure she just doesnt understand empathy or human customs due to being a devil. she has to be at least smarter than power for sure
By the time this part ends she will be a famous marine biologist after writing her thesis on Starfish. Also, she will try to save her daughter from a prison.

im pretty sure she just doesnt understand empathy or human customs due to being a devil.
The scan on the profile has nothing to do with either of those topics. Denji admitted he is Chainsaw Man and with no questioning, Yoru takes his answer at face value, with Asa pointing out all the reasons Denji usually wouldn't be Chainsaw Man, and Yoru evidently not getting it.

Denji is of course actually Chainsaw Man but she got lucky; if it was anyone else, it'd be infinitely more idiotic, and it's already a display of idiocy due to Yoru's inability to understand basic shit like "this doesn't make sense because X reasons".
she has to be at least smarter than power for sure
Not at all lol.

EDIT: Probably smarter than Power but that doesn't really say much.

Last edited:
The scan on the profile has nothing to do with either of those topics. Denji admitted he is Chainsaw Man and with no questioning, Yoru takes his answer at face value, with Asa pointing out all the reasons Denji usually wouldn't be Chainsaw Man, and Yoru evidently not getting it.

Denji is of course actually Chainsaw Man but she got lucky; if it was anyone else, it'd be infinitely more idiotic, and it's already a display of idiocy due to Yoru's inability to understand basic shit like "this doesn't make sense because X reasons".
this again seems more like yoru being understand human emotions and social cues because she is not a human and is a devil. we know this is a problem for her, it’s one of the first things she says to asa when she explains their situation after possessing her. if she was so stupid she wouldn’t have been able to deduce denji’s location at the school in the first place

this again seems more like yoru being unable to pick up on human social cues because she is not a human and is a devil. we know this is a problem for her, it’s one of the first things she says to asa when she explains their situation after possessing her.
There is little to no relation between social cues and "Hey, this guy isn't Chainsaw Man, here's reasons why that'd be dumb." I don't understand why you think social cues have anything to do with the scene.
if she was so stupid she wouldn’t have been able to deduce denji’s location at the school in the first place
That doesn't really require that much critical thinking. She just saw a button held by a Devil Denji killed and saw students wearing that same button. It's a really basic observation that you don't need average intellect to pick up on if you have eyes (Yoru has eyes).

denji doesn't have pochita's power of erasing the devils he eats otherwise the eternity devil and the bat devil would've disappeared(or lost most of their power like Yoru) a long time ago
Yeah, but what I mean is that Denji erased Makima in another way, not through a passive attack, but through eating her. Denji tried eating Makima to erase her, and it's only through an act of love that made Denji erase Makima,, killing her. Otherwise, Kishibe tells Denji that his plan of eating Makima would probably not have worked.

Yeah, but what I mean is that Denji erased Makima in another way, not through a passive attack, but through eating her. Denji tried eating Makima to erase her, and it's only through an act of love that made Denji erase Makima,, killing her. Otherwise, Kishibe tells Denji that his plan of eating Makima would probably not have worked.
Then it'd just be Mid-High because eating something breaks it down into chemical soup.

Idk where any concept stuff would come from.

I think you're overthinking it? Denji ate Makima, but did so as an act of love, bypassing her contract and killing her.

I think you're overthinking it? Denji ate Makima, but did so as an act of love, bypassing her contract and killing her.
Yes, but that's the only way how it could work. If Denji simply ate Makima, then it wouldn't have worked, as Kishibe doubted it. It had to be through an act of love instead, and not just simply straight off eating her to the level of her own blood. Doesn't the fact that it had to be an act of love instead of just simply eating her entail that it's a conceptual type of erasure isntead of just Mid - High?

Yes, but that's the only way how it could work. If Denji simply ate Makima, then it wouldn't have worked, as Kishibe doubted it. It had to be through an act of love instead, and not just simply straight off eating her to the level of her own blood. Doesn't the fact that it had to be an act of love instead of just simply eating her entail that it's a conceptual type of erasure isntead of just Mid - High?
It's just a loophole

Makima's Contract with the prime minister states "Any and all attacks on Makima will be changed into accidents and illnesses among Japanese Citizens".

What constitutes an "Attack" is up to the perception of the one attacking Makima, this makes sense as a majority of Devil powers are a matter of perception.

Denji viewed eating Makima as "an act of love" and "becoming one with her", he genuinely believed that cannibalizing her wasn't an attack, and therefore her Contract did not change the attack— there was no attack to change.

This is also why I don't even think it should have a level of regen/resurrection since it moreso resembles Damage Transferral or even Causality Manip than anything else in my opinion.

There is little to no relation between social cues and "Hey, this guy isn't Chainsaw Man, here's reasons why that'd be dumb." I don't understand why you think social cues have anything to do with the scene.
asa reasons that denji can’t be chainsaw man because chainsaw man wouldn’t openly admit such a thing if he was smart. yoru not only has no reason to believe that a human (entirely different species from her whose psychology she has no understanding of) would be intelligent enough for that, but is also a complete sociopath who can’t even empathize with asa (whose mind she can read). it would be the equivalent of a human trying to guess the motives and intentions of a dog. not really a matter of below average intelligence

Hypothetically lets say Barem somehow reincarnates Makima out of Nayuta, then she stumbles upon Current Yoru and Famine, we also know Makima has some sort of grudge against them so lets say she just wants to fist fight it out without using her abilities. How do yall think it would turn out?

Makima's Contract with the prime minister states "Any and all attacks on Makima will be changed into accidents and illnesses among Japanese Citizens".

What constitutes an "Attack" is up to the perception of the one attacking Makima, this makes sense as a majority of Devil powers are a matter of perception.

Denji viewed eating Makima as "an act of love" and "becoming one with her", he genuinely believed that cannibalizing her wasn't an attack, and therefore her Contract did not change the attack— there was no attack to change.

This is also why I don't even think it should have a level of regen/resurrection since it moreso resembles Damage Transferral or even Causality Manip than anything else in my opinion.
If this was the case, then why did Kishibe doubt Denji cannibalizing Makima would have actually worked?

Back