• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blue Lock Discussion Thread

Since when do you need skill to measure your own strenght?

Unless i'm getting something wrong here, I can do that just fine?
It's not "measuring your strength" it's about being able to put your entire body weight into the shot. Think of it like boxers putting their weight into their punches. An inexperienced fighter wouldn't be able to put his whole body weight into a punch while an experienced boxer can.

It's not "measuring your strength" it's about being able to put your entire body weight into the shot. Think of it like boxers putting their weight into their punches. An inexperienced fighter wouldn't be able to put his whole body weight into a punch while an experienced boxer can.
Koji can do that for obvious reasons

Manabu can too, He is a trained martial artist after all, 5th dan in karate and 4th dan in Aikido

Nagumo has some form of mastery too since he participated in fights too, Iirc it was said he could go to professionals games in sports since he was labeled as the best student too or smth

Ryuuen has also martial arts noted by Koji, He created an original martial arts based on all his fights (I do think he has some form of body mastery)

Albert honestly doesn't need it, His physique alone is just overwhelming

Same for Housen who is alot stronger than Albert

Sudou, I'm not sure, Depends, He's good in basketball

Hirata is also good at football but yeah, I don't think he has that body weigh thing

Fuuka s'well

Ishizaki too

Koji can do that for obvious reasons
I mean he has Power Mimicry that applies to sports so yeah.
Manabu can too, He is a trained martial artist after all, 5th dan in karate and 4th dan in Aikido
Comparing Karate mastery with football? How are they even close to each other? Even comparing other martial arts to each other is very incorrect and you're comparing a martial art with football.
Nagumo has some form of mastery too since he participated in fights too, Iirc it was said he could go to professionals games in sports since he was labeled as the best student too or smth

Ryuuen has also martial arts noted by Koji, He created an original martial arts based on all his fights (I do think he has some form of body mastery)
The thing I said above goes to this as well.
Albert honestly doesn't need it, His physique alone is just overwhelming
Same for Housen who is alot stronger than Albert
They wouldn't be able to put that strength into shots well but this still has some validity so whatever.
Sudou, I'm not sure, Depends, He's good in basketball
That's an entirely different sport.

I mean he has Power Mimicry that applies to sports so yeah.

Comparing Karate mastery with football? How are they even close to each other? Even comparing other martial arts to each other is very incorrect and you're comparing a martial art with football.

The thing I said above goes to this as well.

They wouldn't be able to put that strength into shots well but this still has some validity so whatever.

That's an entirely different sport.
I'm just arguing for applying body weight

Martial arts train you to apply body weight so you can deal more dmg

You are applying body weight to your legs daheck you mean it's not the same?
It's because of the same reason why a boxer can't play soccer well or why a soccer player can't box well.
Please don't tell me yall tryna powerscale soccer players
I don't see Blue Lock character profiles any different than Death Note or Monster character profiles tbh. It is funny as hell to scale soccer players though.

Bro comparing those 1 instance kicks as full fights so we can put them against goons

Boxing trains your footwork

Karate trains your kicks

Martial artists are fully capable of applying body weight, Period
Applying body weight into martial art techniques, punches etc is different than applying your body weight into football kicks, period.

Applying body weight into martial art techniques, punches etc is different than applying your body weight into football kicks, period.
You are literally using LEGS

Martial arts trains your LEGS for footwork, Kicks etc

They are the same shit

You are literally using LEGS

Martial arts trains your LEGS for footwork, Kicks etc

They are the same shit
Put a Karate martial artist in a football match and see how it goes then lmao. You are literally saying that an average karate fighter can shoot a ball as hard as an average footballer. It's the same thing as saying that an average footballer can perform Karate kicks as well as an average karate fighter which is illogical. They are literally whole different things. Just because you can put your weight into martial arts punches or kicks doesn't mean you can shoot a ball as hard as a football player.

Put a Karate martial artist in a football match and see how it goes then lmao. You are literally saying that an average karate fighter can shoot a ball as hard as an average footballer. It's the same thing as saying that an average footballer can perform Karate kicks as well as an average karate fighter which is illogical. They are literally whole different things. Just because you can put your weight into martial arts punches or kicks doesn't mean you can shoot a ball as hard as a football player.
Except in this scenario, They can

Because not only Manabu can apply body weight as he is master martial artist in a class that needs 20+ years to reach but he is also alot stronger than blue lock

Because not only Manabu can apply body weight as he is master martial artist in a class that needs 20+ years to reach but he is also alot stronger than blue lock
You're just stonewalling atp. He can apply body weight into his Karate kicks bro, not football kicks. You need to show me proof of him being able to apply his whole body weight into his football kicks as Karate kicks and football kicks are vastly different. You're comparing two irrelevant sports into each other. A karate master can't outperform an average (even below average) footballer in football kicks no matter how strong that karate master is, as that's not even his own profession.

He's also not even 2x stronger than Blue Lock characters so I wouldn't say he's a lot stronger than Blue Lock 🤷‍♂️ Blue Lock characters just need to put 1.91x more body weight to their football kicks to match Cote's AP, which is a really possible scenario as Manabu hasn't even shown playing football in his series while Blue Lock characters are shown playing football on a pro level.

kaisers backstory has pretty interesting details that explains some things about him, the reason he doesnt like milk, the whole self choking thing
theres a colour page with kaiser and isagi where kaiser has the same ball from his childhood

but seeing kaiser crash out against his dad and cops was pretty insane

Back