• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ryuunosuke Vs Yuji

Keys: Ryuunosuke is in his Key & Itadori is in his Fearsome Womb Key
Rules:
1. Ryuunosuke has access to a knife and a sledgehammer while Itadori has Slaughter Demon
2. Speed is equalized

Let the excorcism begin....

Kinda the same with Junpei, Ryu's senses and precog are better here, he'll end up getting a hit on Yuji and killing him

Kinda the same with Junpei, Ryu's senses and precog are better here, he'll end up getting a hit on Yuji and killing him
Im pretty sure Yuji is nearly 4 times stronger than Ryuu. It would be kinda difficult to take down an opponent on such a level with evasure skills only. So Yuji has time on his hand and can utilize the equipment and construction underground as projectiles or shields. He doesn't really have a counter to senses/precog although close combat could be detrimental to Ryuunosuke with that AP gap, although ryuunouke can copy actions to counter.

Im pretty sure Yuji is nearly 4 times stronger than Ryuu. It would be kinda difficult to take down an opponent on such a level with evasure skills only. So Yuji has time on his hand and can utilize the equipment and construction underground as projectiles or shields. He doesn't really have a counter to senses/precog although close combat could be detrimental to Ryuunosuke with that AP gap, although ryuunouke can copy actions to counter.
He'll just wear Yuji down over time. He's the superior fighter here and Yuji's pretty inexperienced in this key. He's smarter than Yuji as well.

I will ask, how doesn't Shinpei's weird immortality not make this a stomp? Yuji really has no way to negate that.

I will ask, how doesn't Shinpei's weird immortality not make this a stomp? Yuji really has no way to negate that.
It only activates when shinpei dies. If yuji kills shinpei then it would be ggs, but otherwise it wouldn't, no. We haven't established if yuji is even capable of doing such yet.

Well, that goes into an argument on stamina. Yuji has shown throughout the series that he can get into prolonged fights even after suffering severe wounds (such as punched through liver, near disembowelment, and even something like losing his hand. His effective ability to combat his opponents also doesn't appear to drop with such severe damage, and he spent the night of Shibuya from 7 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. running around and fighting for his life, with a brief respite in between. So he's got some good stamina to work with while fighting against someone whose not hitting anywhere close to as tough as him. While these stamina feats aren't committed in Yuji's

What exactly does Ryuunosoke have going on physically stamina wise because his stamina section seemed more focused on his mind?

Because if his stamina in terms of lasting through a fight isn't far exceeding Yuji's, there's an argument that Yuji can keep up a fight and tank through his attacks until Ryuunosoke tires himself out.

Well, that goes into an argument on stamina. Yuji has shown throughout the series that he can get into prolonged fights even after suffering severe wounds (such as punched through liver, near disembowelment, and even something like losing his hand. His effective ability to combat his opponents also doesn't appear to drop with such severe damage, and he spent the night of Shibuya from 7 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. running around and fighting for his life, with a brief respite in between. So he's got some good stamina to work with while fighting against someone whose not hitting anywhere close to as tough as him. While these stamina feats aren't committed in Yuji's

What exactly does Ryuunosoke have going on physically stamina wise because his stamina section seemed more focused on his mind?

Because if his stamina in terms of lasting through a fight isn't far exceeding Yuji's, there's an argument that Yuji can keep up a fight and tank through his attacks until Ryuunosoke tires himself out.
Please do read up on shinpei's supernatural willpower section. Ryuunosukes stamina would be around there and also the matter that he doesn't really feel pain aswell as he's a shadow. His stamina should easily be above yuji's and if it's comparable up until this point, shinpei himself still have the will to fight even tho he was being passively disintegrated via existing in a realm. No matter what yuji does, ryuunosuke would still regain himself and fight. If ryuunosuke realizes that he's about to be run out of stamina, he'll just transfer his data to yuji's body and control it.

Please do read up on shinpei's supernatural willpower section. Ryuunosukes stamina would be around there and also the matter that he doesn't really feel pain aswell as he's a shadow. His stamina should easily be above yuji's and if it's comparable up until this point, shinpei himself still have the will to fight even tho he was being passively disintegrated via existing in a realm. No matter what yuji does, ryuunosuke would still regain himself and fight. If ryuunosuke realizes that he's about to be run out of stamina, he'll just transfer his data to yuji's body and control it.
Please put stamina feats in the stamina section where they belong. However looking at his supernatural willpower, he isn't really outdoing Yuji.

Because while he does maintain the will to fight, all of those willpower/stamina feats show him drastically inhibited once he takes comparable damage to Yuji and how long he can actually exert himself in a high intensity situation isn't shown to be on the level of Yuji.

Like Yuji got a hole punched in his liver and could still put up a good fight. It looks like if the same happened to Ryuunosuke, while he wouldn't give up he wouldn't be able to still fight. Yuji shows better endurance feats so to speak.

And Yuji does have resistance to possession so if Ryuunosuke attempted to possess him, he would instead be sealed inside of Yuji and then killed by Sukuna within him.

Because while he does maintain the will to fight, all of those willpower/stamina feats show him drastically inhibited once he takes comparable damage to Yuji and how long he can actually exert himself in a high intensity situation isn't shown to be on the level of Yuji.
Yuji will not be hitting Ryuunosuke due to superior skill and precognition along with his enhanced senses. Ryuunosuke has alot of ways to get around the physical attacks brought by Yuji. Not to mention the huge LS difference between them will give Ryuunosuke some advantage in battle.
Like Yuji got a hole punched in his liver and could still put up a good fight. It looks like if the same happened to Ryuunosuke, while he wouldn't give up he wouldn't be able to still figh
As i mentioned above. Shinpei's body was being literally broken into pieces on by one passively and he still had the strength to use ryuunosuke's shadow powers to evade a point blank range attack from shide who's comparable to him in speed. I don't think being badly mortally wounded is equitable to literally having your body being dusted passively as moments pass.
And Yuji does have resistance to possession so if Ryuunosuke attempted to possess him, he would instead be sealed inside of Yuji and then killed by Sukuna within him.
Ryuunosukes posession is a little more complicated. He transfers his data (shadow physiology) to his opponent bodies. Yuji's posession sealing would need to be able to interact with data to capture him.

Yuji will not be hitting Ryuunosuke due to superior skill and precognition along with his enhanced senses. Ryuunosuke has alot of ways to get around the physical attacks brought by Yuji. Not to mention the huge LS difference between them will give Ryuunosuke some advantage in battle.
He can avoid Yuji for a while, but his stamina doesn't look like its outdoing Yuji's so he'll get tired. And while he could grapple Yuji, that's actually not a good idea for him because that just means it easier for Yuji to hit him and deal a ton of damage. Yuji fights dirty pretty easily. And Yuji has also been shown competent fighting against opponents with vastly more experience and skill than himself. (Yuji adapts well to fighting the top tiers of his verse with skill that far surpasses anyone in Summertime Rendering). His biggest problem is normally overwhelming stat advantages but Shinpei doesn't have that so it isn't as much a factor here.
As i mentioned above. Shinpei's body was being literally broken into pieces on by one passively and he still had the strength to use ryuunosuke's shadow powers to evade a point blank range attack from shide who's comparable to him in speed. I don't think being badly mortally wounded is equitable to literally having your body being dusted passively as moments pass.
And what I'm saying is that he clearly struggles to fight once severely wounded going off all the scans on his profile. He could only do that single dodge and shoot before he died, not keep up a prolonged fight. That said, I didn't realize that in actuality during this fight Ryuunosuke is puppeteering his body so I can admit that Shinpei's endurance isn't as big as a factor as I thought it'd be.
Ryuunosukes posession is a little more complicated. He transfers his data (shadow physiology) to his opponent bodies. Yuji's posession sealing would need to be able to interact with data to capture him.
Data appears similar to information like in JJk so I would argue probably. But Ryuunosukes actually problem isn't Yuji sealing him, but himself getting killed by Sukuna as Sukuna absorbs and/or attacks others which enter his domain which is currently Yuji's body in this key. So even Yuji can't seal that part, Ryuunousuke would die to Sukuna.

He can avoid Yuji for a while, but his stamina doesn't look like its outdoing Yuji's so he'll get tired. And while he could grapple Yuji, that's actually not a good idea for him because that just means it easier for Yuji to hit him and deal a ton of damage. Yuji fights dirty pretty easily. And Yuji has also been shown competent fighting against opponents with vastly more experience and skill than himself. (Yuji adapts well to fighting the top tiers of his verse with skill that far surpasses anyone in Summertime Rendering). His biggest problem is normally overwhelming stat advantages but Shinpei doesn't have that so it isn't as much a factor here.
When it comes to skill ryuunosuke takes it beyond understanding. I think you're forgetting yuji is in his 9-A key so he doesn't have the skill adaptability he'd have with his higher tiered self as he just became a sorcerer. This yuji is inexperienced and while has adaptability, he has never adapted to someone with 300+ Years of experience in this key and he fought this character and did well without his precognition coming into play, even dodging attacks like echo which attack reflects his opponents with the same speed and force back at his opponent, (he did this at point blank range, multiple times). Yuji also has action mimicry which lets him copy the movements of others after seeing it once to counter it. This being said yuji gets outskilled and out maneuvered easily by ryuunosuke. i also think youve ignored again why itadori will NOT touch ryuunosuke, his senses allow him to detect others who use stealth mastery which works on well profound hunters. And his precognition which lets him see attacks two seconds ahead and using his agility to evade said attacks which we can conclude ryuunosuke is more agile than yuji seeing his feats against echo. Along with his acrobatics pf being able to twist himself midair to dodge repeated sniper rounds and danmaku from shide which can encompass tens of meters and have piercing damage. The stamina argument is not convincing, shinpei has witstand being able to take worse injuries and pain more than yuji and still being able to fight. He also doesn't feel pain at all as he's a shadow (check physiology page) and although one hit from yuji would be detrimental, i already argued why he will not touch ryuunosuke in the first place.
And what I'm saying is that he clearly struggles to fight once severely wounded going off all the scans on his profile. He could only do that single dodge and shoot before he died, not keep up a prolonged fight. That said, I didn't realize that in actuality during this fight Ryuunosuke is puppeteering his body so I can admit that Shinpei's endurance isn't as big as a factor as I thought it'd be.
He doesn't feel pain. I've said this already, the reason you see somewhat of a struggle comes from the frustration of fighting against shide who had weaponry and echo in his arsenal making him very hard to defeat. It's a personality trait of the guy, he hates losing especially to the one who killed his sister. And so what if he was about to die? That makes his stamina feat even greater, he was on his deathbed and performed an humanely impossible feat while his body already took the wounds experienced from ryuunosuke's fight with shide aswell as his body being passively disintegrated as time passes. Basically if yuji hits ryuunosuke, he'll continue fighting until he dies as the profile states even if his body is breaking apart (but we know he won't get hit). Shinpei in the events of summer time rendering is MINDLY able to stay conscious and experience all he did in th span of 5 days. Ryuunosuke would be able to fight for that period aswell as he's simply transferring his data to use shinpeis body.
Data appears similar to information like in JJk so I would argue probably. But Ryuunosukes actually problem isn't Yuji sealing him, but himself getting killed by Sukuna as Sukuna absorbs and/or attacks others which enter his domain which is currently Yuji's body in this key. So even Yuji can't seal that part, Ryuunousuke would die to Sukuna.
They don't. Data in STR includes memories, mind and the data itself. Memories and the mind empower shadows data which i could get more in-depth in, (read physiology page) but they do not work the sane at all. Sukuna would need to be able to interact with the data as shide could to supposedly rid ryuunosuke from yujis body.

When it comes to skill ryuunosuke takes it beyond understanding. I think you're forgetting yuji is in his 9-A key so he doesn't have the skill adaptability he'd have with his higher tiered self as he just became a sorcerer. This yuji is inexperienced and while has adaptability, he has never adapted to someone with 300+ Years of experience in this key and he fought this character and did well without his precognition coming into play, even dodging attacks like echo which attack reflects his opponents with the same speed and force back at his opponent, (he did this at point blank range, multiple times). Yuji also has action mimicry which lets him copy the movements of others after seeing it once to counter it. This being said yuji gets outskilled and out maneuvered easily by ryuunosuke. i also think youve ignored again why itadori will NOT touch ryuunosuke, his senses allow him to detect others who use stealth mastery which works on well profound hunters. And his precognition which lets him see attacks two seconds ahead and using his agility to evade said attacks which we can conclude ryuunosuke is more agile than yuji seeing his feats against echo. Along with his acrobatics pf being able to twist himself midair to dodge repeated sniper rounds and danmaku from shide which can encompass tens of meters and have piercing damage. The stamina argument is not convincing, shinpei has witstand being able to take worse injuries and pain more than yuji and still being able to fight. He also doesn't feel pain at all as he's a shadow (check physiology page) and although one hit from yuji would be detrimental, i already argued why he will not touch ryuunosuke in the first place.
So firstly, Yuji has cursed energy in this key. He's just not able to use it very well. Secondly, Yuji's adaptability in skill to others isn't reliant on cursed energy. That's an intelligence thing, something unrelated to all of his keys.

And having 300+ years of life experience doesn't equate to having 300+ years of combat experience. Shibe has been hopping and swapping bodies for 326 years, we don't know how much of that was fighting so that's not really a good example of either his fighting skill or experience. And more importantly, Shinpei or Ryuunouske don't have this 300+ years of experience either, they just fought someone whose been around that long.

Experience isn't the angle it's being made out to be here.

And when I'm talking about stamina, I'm talking about how long a character can fight period. How long Shinpei and Ryuunosuke can keep up a high intensity battle even without getting hurt. All of their stamina feats you've brought up are more about how much damage they can tank and keep going. They don't appear to have any, so unless you got something like Shinpei and Ryuunosuke able to fight for long stretches of time, I don't see him having more stamina in the sense of how long he can fight than Yuji.

And if he starts tiring out before Yuji does, then it doesn't matter how much more skilled he is because his speed and strength won't be able to act upon this skill. Yuji

They don't. Data in STR includes memories, mind and the data itself. Memories and the mind empower shadows data which i could get more in-depth in, (read physiology page) but they do not work the sane at all. Sukuna would need to be able to interact with the data as shide could to supposedly rid ryuunosuke from yujis body.
Information in JJK, also includes memories and minds and even includes souls. The abstract nature of Shadows is also matched by the Abstract nature of Curse Spirits who are made of information as well. Information in jjk can also be used to create copies of people like how Shadows work in Summertime Rendering. Data in STR is very similar to Infromation in JJK, so Sukuna most certainly should be able to interact with Ryuunosuke.

So firstly, Yuji has cursed energy in this key. He's just not able to use it very well. Secondly, Yuji's adaptability in skill to others isn't reliant on cursed energy. That's an intelligence thing, something unrelated to all of his keys.
That's a part of it. He doesn't have much expierence fighting against major threats at the point and is just starting out fresh as a sorcerer in this 9-A key. I agree he is indeed skilled as a fighter but not more skilled than someone who fights characters that copy the skill of those they harbor and has a little less than 13 years experience of fighting ability who's able to fight against others with centuries worth. It's just not comparable.
And having 300+ years of life experience doesn't equate to having 300+ years of combat experience. Shibe has been hopping and swapping bodies for 326 years, we don't know how much of that was fighting so that's not really a good example of either his fighting skill or experience. And more importantly, Shinpei or Ryuunouske don't have this 300+ years of experience either, they just fought someone whose been around that long.
No you're wrong, Ushio and Shinpei were not the only ones who have disturbed the peace of haine and shide during the course of their time on earth. Shide claimed to have fight against alot of ppl who tried to ruin his plans to get to Tokoyo/Get Haines eyes. Also shide has had his shadow capabilities during the times he has lived and has swapped bodies and gained the combat abilities he gained over the years so.... Ryuunosuke and Shide both acknowledged that due to Shide's expierence, Ryuunosuke was struggling to defeat or even hit shide so its indeed because of his skill and experience over the years he lived. If ryuunosuke can keep up with someone who has 300+ years of combat expierence as someone who hasn't lived that long, he'd be able to pick up and counter yuji's fighting style which he already can do with action mimicry so and it wouldn't be hard for ryuunosuke to counter yujis fighting style as yuji is a punch kick merchant.
And when I'm talking about stamina, I'm talking about how long a character can fight period. How long Shinpei and Ryuunosuke can keep up a high intensity battle even without getting hurt. All of their stamina feats you've brought up are more about how much damage they can tank and keep going. They don't appear to have any, so unless you got something like Shinpei and Ryuunosuke able to fight for long stretches of time, I don't see him having more stamina in the sense of how long he can fight than Yuji.
I've stated in my paragraph that they'd be able to keep this up for 5 days straight. As shinpei has been conscious for more than 5 days during his loops. Ryuunosuke doesn't tire easy unless he keeps boosting himself by sacrificing bones and muscle. Which he wouldn't need to as yuji won't be able to hit ryuunosuke at all. Ryuunosuke can catch yuji offguard very easily seeing his advantages in this battle, he would literally move 2 seconds before yuji can land a fatal hit. The LS difference would make ryuunosuke repeatedly ragdoll yuji without yuji being able to land hits. The stamina argument doesn't matter as ryuunouke can easily tag yuji until he defeats the guy.
And if he starts tiring out before Yuji does, then it doesn't matter how much more skilled he is because his speed and strength won't be able to act upon this skill. Yuji
???Speed is equalized. But strength is fine, not like he can hit ryuunosuke anyway. Shide was struggling to hit ryuunosuke despite him using echo and danmaku which he himself states despite him having 300 years of combat experience. And that matters alot as he'd be able to adapt to his opponents quite easily.
Information in JJK, also includes memories and minds and even includes souls. The abstract nature of Shadows is also matched by the Abstract nature of Curse Spirits who are made of information as well. Information in jjk can also be used to create copies of people like how Shadows work in Summertime Rendering. Data in STR is very similar to Infromation in JJK, so Sukuna most certainly should be able to interact with Ryuunosuke.
Ryuunosuke also has NEP when he's inside someone's consciousness. Can sukuna interact with ryuunosuke's NEP.

Back