• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Xeelee sequence hax additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skimming, voluntary teleporting, was so easy small children learned to do it long before they walked. Alia's body was made up of atoms bound into molecules, of fields of electricity and quantum uncertainty. Alia's body was her. But one atom of carbon, say, was identical to another—absolutely identical in its quantum description—and so it could be replaced without her even knowing. She was just an expression of a temporary assemblage of matter and energy, as music is an expression of its score regardless of the medium in which it is written. It made no difference to her.

And once you knew that, it was easy to see that she, Alia, could just as easily be expressed by a heap of atoms over there as one over here. It was just a question of will, really, of choice, along with a little help from the nanomachines in her bones and blood. And very little Alia willed was denied her.

-Transcendent, Ch. 2

Teleportation

Suddenly the mirror-minds in the room shone bright—all the barriers between them fell away—and she saw herself, not just in this moment, not just physically, but in the Rusties' deepest perception. She could sense what they were thinking about her. She rummaged through their memories, of how she had been during her conversations with this group. She could see her body language, her shyness slowly giving way to enthusiasm as she talked—and the times when her words hadn't contained the whole truth, and she had been evasive, breaking eye contact, turning away, laughing unnecessarily, fiddling with her body fur.

-Transcendent, Ch. 18

Mind Reading

Alia loomed over Bale. "Very well. If the Transcendence is what you want, let's call it now." He quailed, but she descended on him. With a strength fueled by anger she grabbed his shoulders and hauled him to his feet.

And she slammed her awareness into his mind. He cried out, but he could not escape. Her force of will poured along the interconnections to his relations' consciousnesses, and they screamed and writhed. Peripherally she was aware of Reath and Drea pulling away, shocked.

With the minds of the Campocs wrapped around her own like a cloak, she called for Leropa. "Take me back. I need you now. Oh, take me back!"

-Transcendent, Ch. 43

Pain manipulation

Leropa reached out and, without warning, touched Alia's forehead. Her touch was cold.

And suddenly Alia was standing on top of a mountain, drenched in cold air that dragged at her lungs. She stumbled and wrapped her arms around her body.

-Transcendent, Ch. 37

BFR

The Transcendence had conceived a great project. It would build a probe that it would send into the furthest future, and thereby hurl it into the deepest past. And there, hiding in the dark at the rim of Sol system, this monitor from the future would witness the unfolding of mankind's deepest history—and it would send the whole complex story back around the curve of the universe to the great entity that had constructed it. The Listeners recorded these whispers, sent from the deepest past to the furthest future. Once retrieved, the news from history was analyzed and stored in Coalescent archives, and disseminated to form the basis of the Witnessing.

-Transcendent, Ch. 31

Possibly redundant because immeasurable speed but time travel

"She didn't mean to do it," I said. "Morag. It's just she's so strong. Her new body, whatever. She hasn't got used to it yet. I've taken a few bruises before. We're learning together, I guess. This is the first time she's broken a bone, though."

Rosa nodded. "The simplest test shows her strength is off the scale, for a person of her height and size. Like her mass, there is, umm, more of her than there should be."

I looked at her reluctantly. "Do you think she's even human?"

"I don't know," Rosa said. "I believe that inside she thinks she's human, and perhaps that's what's most important in the end. But her body is something more than human."

Gea's and Rosa's studies were bearing fruit, she said.

"Gea will give you the physics. When we draw Morag's blood, we find human DNA. Her molecules are made of atoms, of protons and neutrons and electrons every bit as mundane as yours and mine. And yet there is the mystery of this extra mass. Her weight is measurable, so the mass responsive to gravity, yet it is invisible to our eyes, all our senses. Gea tells me that there are many forms of invisible matter in the universe. Perhaps Morag's visible body is like the bright swirl of a galaxy, cradled in a wider pool of dark matter."

-Transcendent, Ch. 51

Dark Mattwe Manipulation

Lastly, resistance to all of the anti xeelee powers, since it's stated to be capable of defending humanity against the Xeelee, even by word of god

Lastly, resistance to all of the anti xeelee powers, since it's stated to be capable of defending humanity against the Xeelee, even by word of god

• Can a quote, link, or scan evidence be posted?
I am neutral on Dark Matter Manipulation because I don't think the evidence is straightforward since the "perhaps" statement from the "Transcendent, Chapter 51 evidence" could mean the feat is just a conjecture.

I think everything else looks fine.

I remember it being discussed on the discord a while ago and discredited, forgot why

Like a child seeking its mother he called the antiXeelee.

The antiXeelee had left the Universe at the launch of the Sugar Lump seed fleet. It had traveled back in time with its fleet, and — simultaneously, and without paradox — had dissolved into countless melting fragments of awareness. So the antiXeelee had gone... but Paul inhabited a quantum Universe in which nothing was ever final. With patience and watchfulness he maintained his call.

...Fragments of the antiXeelee replied. It was like an echo of a lost voice. A pale outline of the awareness of the antiXeelee was reconstructed in response to the demands of Paul, and again Paul was surrounded by its vast, passionless humor. He responded as best he could, endeavoring to strengthen the presence of the antiXeelee.

-Vacuum Diagrams

Godly Regenerationn?

It sounds like Low-Godly Regenerationn since it regenerated from fragments of awareness/minds from its incorporeal self. I would be fine with it.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
It might technically be only Low-Godly but it's already Non-corporeal so it's weird
Non-corporeal characters can have Low-Godly Regenerationn.

Alia, one of the Post-humans under the transcendence power, can also do this

"They swam toward each other, and they Skimmed one last time.

Like a clash of cymbals their bodies overlapped, the atoms and electrons, fields and quantum blurrings overlapping. Of course this merging was frowned on; it was a dangerous stunt. But for Alia it was delicious to be immersed in her sister's essence, to become heavy with her, everything about the two of them merged into a single cloudy mass, everything but some relic trace of separateness in their souls. It was closer even than sex.

But it lasted only a second. With a gasp they Skimmed apart, and drifted side by side. And with that moment of oceanic closeness over, Alia's niggling worry returned."

-Transcendent, Ch. 2

Which... is both soul manipulation and fusion is, which the transcenden already has

Dark Matter manipulation might be Non-Physical Interaction in verse because it uses scientifically accurate dark matter

"Most of the universe is dark," Peter wrote. "Dark matter. An invisible, mysterious substance that makes up some ninety percent of all the mass of the universe. You can tell it's there from gravitational effects—the whole Galaxy is embedded in a big pond of it, and turns like a lily leaf in a pail of scummy water. But otherwise it passes through our planet like a vast ghost. How marvelous, how scary, that so much of the universe—most of it, in fact—is quite invisible to us. Who knows what lurks out there in the glassy dark? . . . I'm inspired, George. Something about my contact with you, this little mystery in your life, has sparked me off. That and Kuiper. I've been in touch with the Slan(t)ers again . . ." He was an unusual email correspondent. There was no BTW or abt or lol, no smiley faces for Peter. His mails were clearly thought through, composed, even spellchecked, like old-fashioned letters: they were genuine correspondence. ". . . Of course we do have a handful of human-built space probes that have reached almost as far as the Kuiper Belt. They aren't capable of studying the Anomaly, sadly. But they are running into strangeness . . ."

Coalescent: chapter 16

I renamed the thread since it's effecting the whole verse now, this would also give the photino birds resistance to both of their powers.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
I renamed the thread since it's effecting the whole verse now, this would also give the photino birds resistance to both of their powers.
Can you give supporting a scan/quote/evidence, Zachary?

The Xeelee couldn't?

"At last the Xeelee realized that — despite the deployment of the resources of a Universe, despite the manipulation of their own history — this was a War they could not win.

It remained only to close the antiXeelee's causal loop, to complete the Ring, and to flee the Universe they had lost.

But already the birds were gathering around the Ring, intent on its destruction."

-Vacuum Diagrams

Also I found subjective reality for... everyone.

Shira talked to them of Eugene Wigner, and of the von Neumann catastrophe.

Like the alive-dead condition of Schrödinger's cat, events remained in a state of unreality until observed by a conscious entity. But each act of observation merely added another layer of potentiality to the core events, itself unrealized until observed in turn.

The chains of quantum functions, in Wigner's view, extended to infinity in an unending chain, an infinite regress.

"Thus, the paradox of Wigner's friend," Shira said.

Michael shook his head impatiently. "But this is pure philosophical debate," he said. "Wigner himself believed that the regress was not infinite... that the chain of wave functions terminates as soon as a conscious mind makes an observation."

"That is one view," Shira said quietly. "But there are others..."

Shira described the participatory universe.

Life — intelligent life — was, under this hypothesis, essential for the very existence of the universe. Imagine a myriad box-cat-friend-Wigner chains of quantum functions, all extending through time, without end. "Constantly," Shira said, "life — consciousness — is calling the universe into existence by the very act of observing it."

Consciousness was like an immense, self-directed eye, a recursive design developed by the universe to invoke its own being.

And if this was true, the goal of consciousness, of life, said Shira, must be to gather and organize data — all data, everywhere — to observe and actualize all events. For without actualization there could be no reality.

-Timelike infinity

Wait hold on

"Beware that the abstract nature of different characters can stem from different sources (rumors, concepts, possibilities,..."

Should The Anti-Xeelee be type 1 abstract then? Since it's a sentient wave function?

I think the photinos getting resistances could be fine, from the evidence presented.

Subjective reality for everyone look vague because I don't think the evidence is straightforward since the "And if this was true" statement from the "Timelike infinity evidence" could mean the statement is just a opinion and could be wrong.

Should The Anti-Xeelee be type 1 abstract then? Since it's a sentient wave function?

• I believe so. The Anti-Xeelee having type 1 abstract is fine, to me.

The "and if this is true" is actually backed up later

"Human consciousness was an artificial thing. Once humans had believed that gods animated their souls, fighting their battles through human form. Later they had evolved the idea of the self-aware, self-directed consciousness. Now Michael saw that it had all been no more than an idea, a model, an illusion behind which to hide. He, the last man, need no longer cling to such outmoded comforts. There was no cognition, he realized. There was only perception."

I think it is fine with the new evidence.

I would say, Zachary, please try to post all of the relevant evidence that you have found for a topic, as this makes assessments easier to manage.

Well, there's also Pocket Reality Manipulation

'Olbers' paradox,' he whispered.

'Yes,' said the Ghost. 'A key moment in the evolution of human thought, a philosophical fossil preserved by exiles through the Qax Extirpation … If the universe were infinite and static, every line of sight would meet the surface of a star, and the whole sky would be as bright as the surface of a sun. Even occluding dust clouds would soon become as hot as the stars themselves. That was evidently not so, observed those thinkers of old Earth. Therefore their universe could not be infinite or static.'

'But here—'

'But here, things are different. This appears to be a pocket universe, Jack Raoul. We believe it is a bubble of spacetime pinched off by a singularity. The heart of a black hole, perhaps.'

'Infinite and static.'

'Yes.'

'It doesn't make sense,' Raoul said. 'If the whole sky is as hot as the surface of the sun ― Ambassador, how do you keep cool?'

The Ghost rolled, shimmering. 'There is another pocket universe at the centre of the colony. Our heat is dumped there.'

Raoul gaped. 'You have a whole universe for a heat dump? And is that how the stars keep shining?'

'We think so. Otherwise, immersed in this heat bath, simple thermodynamics would soon cause the stars to evaporate. We have only recently arrived here, Jack Raoul; there is much we have yet to explore. But it is clear to us that this cosmos is heavily engineered.'

'Engineered? Who by?'

'The Xeelee,' the Ghost said.

-Resplendent, "The Cold Sink"

And... that's probably enough for now.

Yes, tell me all the porfiles that would be affected so I can unlock them for you to make additions, Zachary

Ok, I locked the pages. Since there is nothing left to do and the changes were made, I will closed the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back