• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Would this scale to anything ?

On the series, that I'm working on, the strongest characters the Old Gods can create someting called a Space Between Worlds (SBW), those SBW are finite in size (these size are various depending on the user, for example Hrotgar's one is the size of a forest while Loki's one is the size of a mansion).

However, despite being finite in size those places possess their own Space-Time continuum, their own laws of physics, etc... And by that I mean completly different space-time continuum, Wulf (the protagonist) spent a few weeks inside Hrotgar's SBW when he came back to his own world, 12 years have passed and it's implied that should you find the good SBW you could find one where time would flow in an opposite manner's to the main world allowing you to go back in time. And by different laws of physics, Wulf found inside Loki's SBW a cube where the inside has a greater volume than the outside which should be logically impossible everywhere but inside that SBW. Those SBW are also dependant on their creator who can destroy them any time he want (Ex: When Loki destroyed his to prevent Wulf from accessing the portal inside) and would fade away after the death of their creator.

So would this scales the Gods to anything (apart for something like the creation of forest sized zone)?

+Bonus question:
Tom another protagonist have a sword (the starblade) that make immune to any type of magic, however when he faced the god Golgoth, he say that the Stablade is useless against him.
However, I gripped the Starblade and stepped forward. Golgoth was not using magic now; he was exerting the force of his essential being, that extreme coldness was part of him, and the Starblade offered no protection against that. The Dark Army page 282
Does this means anything ?

Also which ability would the Bane's Press fall under ?
The Bane can exert a tremendous pressure, crush bones, and smear the unfortunate victim into the cobbles that line the tunnels.
The Spook's Bestiary page 57

Since their no ability like Pressure Manipulation, and energy manipulation doesn't cover that specific case, I don't really know where to put it.

On the series, that I'm working on, the strongest characters the Old Gods can create someting called a Space Between Worlds (SBW), those SBW are finite in size (these size are various depending on the user, for example Hrotgar's one is the size of a forest while Loki's one is the size of a mansion).

However, despite being finite in size those places possess their own Space-Time continuum, their own laws of physics, etc... And by that I mean completly different space-time continuum, Wulf (the protagonist) spent a few weeks inside Hrotgar's SBW when he came back to his own world, 12 years have passed and it's implied that should you find the good SBW you could find one where time would flow in an opposite manner's to the main world allowing you to go back in time. And by different laws of physics, Wulf found inside Loki's SBW a cube where the inside has a greater volume than the outside which should be logically impossible everywhere but inside that SBW. Those SBW are also dependant on their creator who can destroy them any time he want (Ex: When Loki destroyed his to prevent Wulf from accessing the portal inside) and would fade away after the death of their creator.
The SBWs would have to be Universal in size for the Gods to get Tier 2 for them if that's what you're asking. That or have evidence that each SBW has it's own timelines, and isn't just a space-time. Outside of that, if it's shown they can change the SBWs however they want, then they could all upscale to the largest one in the verse.
Tom another protagonist have a sword (the starblade) that make immune to any type of magic, however when he faced the god Golgoth, he say that the Stablade is useless against him.
Well, it's specifically said that Golgoth is not using magic, but instead exerting force using his essential being. It sounds like Temperature Manipulation, and maybe some kind of Soul Manipulation.
Also which ability would the Bane's Press fall under ?

The Spook's Bestiary page 57

Since their no ability like Pressure Manipulation, and energy manipulation doesn't cover that specific case, I don't really know where to put it.
Could be Telekinesis or Gravity Manipulation, if they are doing it without touching their victims. Depends on the context.

The SBWs would have to be Universal in size for the Gods to get Tier 2 for them if that's what you're asking. That or have evidence that each SBW has it's own timelines, and isn't just a space-time. Outside of that, if it's shown they can change the SBWs however they want, then they could all upscale to the largest one in the verse.

Well, it's specifically said that Golgoth is not using magic, but instead exerting force using his essential being. It sounds like Temperature Manipulation, and maybe some kind of Soul Manipulation.

Could be Telekinesis or Gravity Manipulation, if they are doing it without touching their victims. Depends on the context.
Ok thanks for the input, i'll try to calc Golgoth's one who's the biggest known one. Speaking of Golgoth i'll keep searching a bit further for the meaning since his powers are kinda weird and not really well explained even in the two books that featured him as their main antagonist.

For a bit of context for the Press, I found a time where the Bane used it directly on Tom :
With that the Bane's face filled with anger. It still resembled the Spook but the features I knew so well were distorted and twisted with evil. It took another step towards me, raising a fist. It might only have been a trick of the candlelight but the creature seemed to be growing. And I could feel an invisible weight starting to press down on my head and shoulders. As I was forced to my knees, I thought of the cat smeared into the cobbles and realized that the same fate was awaiting me. I tried to suck in a breath but I couldn't and began to panic. I couldn't breathe! This was it! The light of the candle was lost in the sudden darkness that covered my eyes
The Spook's curse pages 184/185

Back