• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Would power-thirst be allowed to have a profile on this wiki?

First of all, if you don't know what power-thirst is go watch this video . Now, I very badly want a page for this, but I don't want to break any rules. After reviewing the rules it feels kinda iffy to me. For example:

"Do not create any joke profiles, as they do not fit into our tiering system. Also avoid creating profiles for fan characters, advertisement characters, memes, YouTube personalities, reality television, talk shows, music videos, stage personas, and the like. If you wish to create such profiles, feel free to do so in the Joke Battles wiki instead. Take note that there is obviously a difference between a profile written as a joke, and the character itself being automatically funny."

'Power-Thirst' is just a sketch from the TV show 'Picnic Face' produced by the sketch-comedy group 'Picnic Face' . It is not a meme. Or atleast it didn't start out that way. You can find many other power-thirst inspired/rip off videos on YouTube. Another issue are the words, 'joke profiles'. This confused me at first because I didn't know if it meant profiles about jokes or profiles that were jokes. But a later rule clears this up:

"Characters and verses that originate from a YouTube series are allowed, but they should have a reasonably coherent narrative. Being a joke franchise with inconsistent feats and powerscaling should not automatically disallow the verse. However, the original YouTube characters should only scale from feats demonstrated within their own continuity rather than cross-scale from any notable cameo characters. For further information, read the following information pages: Crossovers, Alternative Canon and Composite Profiles, Outlier, and Plot-Induced Stupidity."

So franchises that are jokes are allowed, but profiles that are jokes, are not, i.e. Superman but high on drugs or something, idk. I foresee some people bringing up that power-thirst didn't originate from YouTube. While power-thirst did not originate from YouTube but a TV show, the question at hand is if joke franchises are allowed and the context from this quoted rule seems to strongly suggest this is the case. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Does Power-Thirst have a reasonably coherent narrative? For a series of advertisements, I would argue yes. Albeit not being the norm, some advertisements in real life have a loose sense of narrative events between the first and sequential advertisement. Looking at this playlist , you are meant to watch the videos in a certain order, suggesting continuity.

Next up is this rule:

"Preferably avoid adding character profiles that may be inappropriate or perceived to be in poor taste. This may include characters, weapons, etcetera, that are ill-suited for a statistics-indexing wiki, due to having no reliable feats, or ones from media which may be too controversial or otherwise unnecessary to be featured. This includes pages that would strictly be written as a joke, and as such more suitably belong in the Joke Battles wiki. Although pages for mature verses like Berserk and Demonbane are allowed, they must have coherent stories that are not strictly focused on sex, and the pages have to be kept clean, without erotic images."

The closest Power-Thirst could come to be in poor taste, is the part about it making you run fast as Kenyans, coming in a 'women' variant, and some quotes like, "when God gives you lemons its time to find a new God." etc. The verse does not have unneccessary and gratuitous amounts of sex, violence, gore, etc like some other franchises so I don't think it's that bad. I really feel this is up to personal preference as what counts as, 'poor taste' as this does not offend my sensibilites.

Does Power Thirst have reliable feats? Yes. Yes it does. Let me explain. At this part of the first video it is mentioned you'll have 400 babies. Then at this part of the second video it is mentioned from a real power thirst drinker that he had 400 babies. Now that's a reliable feat.

Is Power Thirst ill-suited for a statistics-indexing wiki? No. If your character drinks Power-Thirst, they'll get the following abilites: Peak Human (Speed) , Light Manipulation (Glowing Sweat), Energy Projection , Animal Manipulation , Age Manipulation, and Biological Manipulation maybe.

First off is Peak Human (Speed) . In this part of the first video, if you give 'Shockolate' to your baby they'll run as fast as Kenyans. Now according to Wikipedia's list of Kenyan Records in Athletics , the fastest Kenyan runner is Mark Odhiambo with a record of completing a 100m dash in 10.14 seconds. To get to m/s, we divide 10.14 seconds by 10.14 seconds to get to one second. Then we divide 100m by 10.14 seconds to get how many meters he was running per second, which is 9.86m/s. Converted to mph on Google , we get 22.1mph. On the Peak Human page, it is mentioned that the average Human can only run at 12mph. While the fastest Human on the planet, Usain Bolt, ran faster than Mark Odhiambo at 27mph, giving your baby Shockolate would still give them Peak Human speed because they're significantly faster than the normal human.

Next off is Light Manipulation . Over on Goku's profile page, under Light Manipulation it is mentioned that Super Saiyans can glow in the dark. On the Light Manipulation page, it mentions a possible use as, "Create/generate/increase, absorb, shape and manipulate light and colors." And on this part of the second video is where it mentions glowing sweat.

Next off is Energy Projection . At this part of the second video a man is seen 'Bear Blasting' a Bear. This consists of shooting a stream of bear-head shaped energy beams out of the groin region by making a thrusting motion. And at this part of the video, a man is seen 'Hump-Catting' Andre the giant. This consists of shooting an energy leopard out of the groin region by making a thrusting motion. And at this part of the second video a man is seen shooting a stream of energy shaped like small versions of the planet Earth from the groin region by making a thrusting motion. I don't want to calculate just how powerful these beams are just yet until if Power-Thirst gets its own page to save me time.

Next off is Animal Manipulation . Type, manipulation of conventional animals. At this part of the third video, a drinker of power-thirst attracts a flock of all different species of birds.

Age Manipulation . Here , if you give a boy powethirst, they'll rapidly age into a man. Note, this doesn't work on babies. If you give a baby power-thirst they can run as fast as Kenyans. Additionally at the beginning of the video we see a baby drink powerthirst and not turn into a man which is evidence that only boys can literally turn into men by drinking powerthirst.

Biological Manipulation? If you drink powerthirst you will vomit a wedding. Not sure if this classifies as biological manipulation but its something alright.

So there you have it. My case for Power-Thirst. Please let me know why it can or can't be on Vs. Battles Wiki. Thankyou.

Back