• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why Sans has incon with Undyne?

Shouldnt Sans be obviously above her?

I mean you can check the VS thread that lead to that decision.

If I'm gonna say something about it, no Sans isn't above Undyne. He's the hardest boss in the game, yes, but not the strongest in-universe. Undyne the Undying has a great deal of advantages against Sans.

If I'm gonna say something about it, no Sans isn't above Undyne. He's the hardest boss in the game, yes, but not the strongest in-universe. Undyne the Undying has a great deal of advantages against Sans.
I mean, indeed, Undyne has AP and Dura advantage, however, Sans is far more skilled, I mean, he can dodge her attacks =;

How can we say who is more skilled though? I mean Sans has more versatile abilities I guess (teleportation, Gaster Blaster, Bone variations, Blue Soul) but Undyne is not too far from that (Spear variations, Green Soul).
Sans was scripted to get tired after dodging 22? turns of single knife attack (though granted he can attack a lot more when Frisk does things other than attacking, but you get the point). Undyne would spam him with a danmaku of dozens, if not hundreds of spears. Sans will tire out far quickly than he does vs Frisk IMO.

How can we say who is more skilled though? I mean Sans has more versatile abilities I guess (teleportation, Gaster Blaster, Bone variations, Blue Soul) but Undyne is not too far from that (Spear variations, Green Soul).
Sans was scripted to get tired after dodging 22? turns of single knife attack (though granted he can attack a lot more when Frisk does things other than attacking, but you get the point). Undyne would spam him with a danmaku of dozens, if not hundreds of spears. Sans will tire out far quickly than he does vs Frisk IMO.
I mean, I know, but if sans get tired (he will) he use try hard mode and start spamming attacks, like what he did, literally, the only way that Frisk survived Sans attacks when he was tired is because the game mechanics doesnt allow u die on that part, if we consider that Undyne HP is similar to Frisk, Undyne cannot survive it, also, all Sans attacks would hit Undyne, she can't dodge it

Sans is extremely weak and unlike Undyne he cannot take hits, which makes Green Mode (something that is hard to avoid, if at all) really crippling here, as it forces him to stand his ground and he loses his ability to dodge.

Sans is extremely weak and unlike Undyne he cannot take hits, which makes Green Mode (something that is hard to avoid, if at all) really crippling here, as it forces him to stand his ground and he loses his ability to dodge.
And unlike Sans, Undyne cannot dodge. Sans attacks starts first, Undyne cannot dodge it, she would take the damage that can hurt Frisk, and Frisk is stronger than Undyne

And unlike Sans, Undyne cannot dodge. Sans attacks starts first, Undyne cannot dodge it, she would tack the damage that can hurt Frisk, and Frisk is stronger than Undyne
The battle factors in-universe things like their HP because they are from the same game, in which Sans can only deal 1 damage and Frisk would have a maximum of 92 and be affected by KR, vs. Undyne and her 23000 in Undying and suffer less from it.

Sans is pretty intelligent, I mean, why can't he just teleport Undyne into Hotlands where she'd burn out or just sleep on his turn, Undyne cannot break the game like Chara does so she would be stuck until Sans decides to fight back, no?
Teleporting to another place is p out of character I think.

Second one would be an incon if he doesn't get hit before.

Teleporting to another place is p out of character I think.

Second one would be an incon if he doesn't get hit before.
Fair enough, but didn't Sans stop time at some point?

And didn't he use his TP to send you straight into his attacks?

If Sans is bloodlusted, I can see him winning, he also has better SOUL Manipulation.

That fight is really old and outdated (Undyne was unkown at that time)
I guess it will better if someone done a rematch for it

The outcome in setting would remain the same.

Back