• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why are Link and Majora 3-A?

Composite/Majora's Mask Link's tier from my understanding is completely based on scaling to Majora's but I've looked over the profile and I feel like I'm missing something. The feats just don't appear 3-A to me.

The evidence behind the tier is that Majora warped all of Termina a parallel universe so much so that the heavens space and time were corrupted. My problem with this is that nowhere in these 2 links provided dose it say he warped anything just that he tainted or corrupted it and if this guy has taught me anything it's that universal corruption even to the point of spreading into other universes is not considered 3-A by any means. Even if it was reality warping (which again there is no displayed evidence of this being the case) there is also no time frame given at all making the feat completely up to interpretation. On top of that the corruption of time just seems like a hax in this circumstance rather than AP.

The supporting evidence is that Majora created his ow reality but there is no evidence I see that shows that the reality Majora creates is universe sized in any way more seeming like a regular pocket reality making this very poor supporting evidence.

So am I missing something or is the evidence behind this tier just very poor?

Corrupting something=/=being able to destroy it, not at all. Same case with warping something, especially considering that shaking the universe is only 4-A.

The other feat is said to be 3-A due to "alternative reality" supposedly always having to mean universe-sized reality, which is as accurate as it sounds.

So unless I completely misread that you are agreeing with me that the given justification behind the tier isn't really valid?

Yes, and I would also like to not see anyone comment a fallacy or get angry here. This is in the Questions and Answers board, after all.

@Dante Demon Killah

I feel like I've bothered too many people to comment on my stuff as of late but I will do so if I deem is absolutely necessary.

@Efi

If it really is invalid though this might need to be moved to content revision instead.

It comes from a statement from the Prima strategy guide that describes Termina as being an entire parallel universe. And there was a recent canon book that confirmed Majora was the creator of Termina and that it was an entire parallel universe. And it was mainly Kepekley who did the research on it.

We don't use the statement of Majora creating Termina from the new book, that statement was disregarded in the thread that upgraded them and only the old guidebooks are used for it.

Didn't Kepekley also making a thread asking why we considered it non-canon?

Majora creating Termina is in no way on his profile if it was that would be fine but as it stands the profile doesn't seem to have evidence of a 3-A tier.

Also if we don't use that statement currently then why is it the reason for 3-A especially when creating a space-time like that would be a 2-C feat anyway?

It's just funny one statement like this is enough to warrant a whole verse being upgraded yet Bowser surviving the universal collapse and characters destroying dreams being evident across the games that we apparently have as universes in size is deemed "conjecture"

It's probably because each incarnation of link is it's own thing but still yeah from the looks of things unless Kepekley or Cal or someone else comes and gives an actual currently accepted reason for this 3-A tier soon I'm going to have to move this to content revision.

Kepekley isn't really active on the VSBW anymore, and he basically said he's taking a hiatus from the internet in general. But I'll link what he said some of the old threads.

Ok so I read all of that and he has good reasoning behind everything except for the feat itself being 3-A he is still scaling universal corruption into attack potency which we just don't do (again I bring up HIM)

Beyond that he says nothing of the thing about Majora creating Termina which again it seems like we don't currently consider that canon. All in all If this is all we have to go off on then a downgrade thread should be made.

Also, this was the thread where Hyrule Encyclopedia was considered canon. And that there was a recent statement about Termina being created by Majora in that same book. But we haven't really added that statement that was initially rejected before hand.

Well if such a statement exists it would seem to be the only thing to support a 3-A tier. Are you able to link the statement itself?

found it or at least I think I did. From the looks of things Majora only sort of created Termina by corrupting a parallel version of Hyrule which is why everything looks so similar but it reads like this parallel world already existed which means he didn't create it only corrupt it and we are back to square 1.

Could you tell me if I do indeed have the right source and if I'm interpreting this correctly?

It literally says something about transforming it. Based on what I'm hearing, the Dark Mind example is just he's spreading plague/corruption across the universe, which isn't quite the same thing as literally bending the Universe. And corrupting universes is not Universal for tier, but range/hax. However, another statement made by Kepekley had something to do with the literal "Consume everything". Implying that Majora could literally devour the entire universe.

Transforming it doesn't quite make it 3-A either like Eficiente said earlier shaking the whole universe would only be 4-A so transforming it a bit wouldn't be far off especially with no given time frame.

Could you elaborate on this consume everything thing?

Btw I've started work on a content revision thread regarding this which I will post ether tomorrow or the day after so if you find something that better shows a 3-A Majora post it here and I'll edit it appropriately.

To be fair, Azathoth and Matt were against the upgrades, and I was always more neutral. You could also ask Paradox to comment. I think he was one of the main people who supported the upgrade.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Also, this was the thread where Hyrule Encyclopedia was considered canon. And that there was a recent statement about Termina being created by Majora in that same book. But we haven't really added that statement that was initially rejected before hand.
I don't see Kep's point.

What's the essential difference between one translation saying, "They took creative liberties with the lore at times by their own admission" and " when nessecarly, the writers added lore based off their own interpetaions". That's like, the same thing.

Hell, the next sentence states that such events are subject to revisions - showing the looseness of said canonicity.

Both translations go against that point that Kep made, they both imply that you shouldn't take the lore that they wrote very seriously.

Also, IIRC, the HE never states that Majora created Termina, but that Majora's Mask warped Termina based off of the memeries of the Skull Kid. It also states that normal Link was able to sustain the altered world of Termina after Majora's defeat until Link left Termina.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
To be fair, Azathoth and Matt were against the upgrades, and I was always more neutral. You could also ask Paradox to comment. I think he was one of the main people who supported the upgrade.
Ye, call Paradox for this.

Back