• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What's Suggsverse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a series of novels written by Lionel Suggs that he made after losing a debate about the power of a verse called Getbackers.

It's generally considered one of the worst stories ever made (I've seriously heard people call My Immortal [A terrible Harry Potter fanfic] better), and was created for the sole purpose of being the strongest verse ever, with no regard for story quality.

The Everlasting said:
It's a series of novels written by Lionel Suggs that he made after losing a debate about the power of a verse called Getbackers.
It's generally considered one of the worst stories ever made (I've seriously heard people call My Immortal [A terrible Harry Potter fanfic] better), and was created for the sole purpose of being the strongest verse ever, with no regard for story quality.
Lionel never lost a Get Backers debate. He only hyped 2 characters, and he even admitted that he overhyped them. Everything else (including FTL Get Backers), is valid.

The Everlasting said:
Ugh, I'd rather not debate this, just look up "Getbackers Deception".
I've looked it up. That guy was literally grasping for straws. He saying "If the black holes could suck up light, then why is there still light in the room?" What? Did he want the author to draw the entire panel black or something?

He also tried scaling Emishi's start of the series speed, and try claiming that none of the Get Backers are FTL because of this (they got a massive speed and power boost EoS).

He posted a lot of other stuff I could debunk.

Lord-Of-Creation:

Black holes in fiction tend to not act like black holes in real life from what I've seen, so it being a black hole at all is dubious.

I doubt it was enough to make them FTL.

420Swagnemite:

Pretty much everyone is beyond omnipotent (That is literally the requirement to be considered fodder in the verse).

He's another user that has been blocked across the wikia network for continuously arrogant and unreasonable behavior.

The Everlasting said:
Lord-Of-Creation:
Black holes in fiction tend to not act like black holes in real life from what I've seen, so it being a black hole at all is dubious.

I doubt it was enough to make them FTL.

420Swagnemite:

Pretty much everyone is beyond omnipotent (That is literally the requirement to be considered fodder in the verse).

He's another user that has been blocked across the wikia network for continuously arrogant and unreasonable behavior.
It is FTL. It was stated numerous times by numerous different characters on numerous ocassions that the black hole's gravity was so strong that not even light could escape it.

Well anyways, this is BeyonderGod in a nutshell.

http://lounge.moviecodec.com/off-topic/the-truth-about-my-bans-lel-373297/

No, people hate it because of how poor the writing is, amoungst various other things. The power is the least of the verse's problems I assure you.

eh

we could probably have rankings for his characters since we don't really consider the omnipotent term, from what ive seen about his hierarchy it would just consist of a bunch of characters being rated High 1-A

The Everlasting said:
No, people hate it because of how poor the writing is, amoungst various other things. The power is the least of the verse's problems I assure you.
It really isn't that bad in terms of plot. The feats do get redundant, and sound stupid, but the series does have a plot (not great but not bad either).

Ok guys this doesn't seem like it'll go anywhere good... people can like what they want to like and people can hate what they want to hate... there's no need to debate whether if it's good or not here as everyone has their own opinion about everything ...

So anyone want me to close this thread...

SchutzenDunkelZiel1217 said:
Ok guys this doesn't seem like it'll go anywhere good... people can like what they want to like and people can hate what they want to hate... there no need to debate whether it's good or not here as everyone has their own opinions...

So anyone want me to close this thread...
Close the thread. I have a gist what Suggsverse is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back