• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What tier is this?

Rakih_Elyan

He/Him
'Know, O Bulukiya, that this is the mountain Kaf, which encompasseth the world; and all the countries the Creator hath made are in my grasp. When the Almighty is minded to visit any land with earthquake or famine or plenty or slaughter or prosperity, He biddeth me carry out His commands and I carry them out without stirring from my place; for know thou that my hands lay hold upon the roots of the earth,'
, 'And know thou that my hands lay hold upon the roots of the earth,' he asked, 'And hath Allah created other worlds than this within the mountain Kaf?' The Angel answered, 'Yes, He hath made a world white as silver,
Under this Angel Almighty Allah hath created a great rock, and under the rock a bull, and under the bull a huge fish, and under the fish a mighty ocean.
'Under the sea the Lord created a vast abyss of air, under the air fire, and under the fire a mighty serpent, by name Falak; and were it not for fear of the Most Highest, this serpent would assuredly swallow up all that is above it, air and fire and the Angel and his burden, without sensing it.'

1001 Arabian Nights
Okay, so a collection of stories. Great. Hmm...

The term "world" is a vague descriptor of one's surroundings, but in this context, the "world" refers to the Earth, as in Earth itself. The white as silver world could potentially refer to the Moon itself. The writing here seems to imply that the mountain Kaf refers to the mystical boundary of the universe. Assuming the universe is infinite akin to how various ancient belief systems viewed it, handling Kaf itself would be Tier High 3-A or Low 2-C depending on whether time is counted or not.

Controlling the world's processes is a bit finicky. There doesn't seem to be one single figure for handling all the Earthquakes that take place in the world. One estimate I found is all the earthquakes that took place in the world in the past 110 years would amount to a singular Magnitude 9.95 earthquake: https://www.usgs.gov/programs/earth...agnitude-energy-release-and-shaking-intensity

I put the magnitude here: https://earthalabama.com/energy.html#/

Using Total Seismic Moment energy, a Magnitude 9.95 earthquake would amount to a little over 1 yottajoule, which itself is High 6-B. Could be higher, idk.

I could probably argue the Angel is 5-B since Earth is under his whim from the writing.

So per my guess, anywhere from High 6-B to 5-B for the Angel's influence over Earth, and High 3-A or Low 2-C for any influence over the mountain Kaf.

Okay, so a collection of stories. Great. Hmm...

The term "world" is a vague descriptor of one's surroundings, but in this context, the "world" refers to the Earth, as in Earth itself. The white as silver world could potentially refer to the Moon itself. The writing here seems to imply that the mountain Kaf refers to the mystical boundary of the universe. Assuming the universe is infinite akin to how various ancient belief systems viewed it, handling Kaf itself would be Tier High 3-A or Low 2-C depending on whether time is counted or not.

Controlling the world's processes is a bit finicky. There doesn't seem to be one single figure for handling all the Earthquakes that take place in the world. One estimate I found is all the earthquakes that took place in the world in the past 110 years would amount to a singular Magnitude 9.95 earthquake: https://www.usgs.gov/programs/earth...agnitude-energy-release-and-shaking-intensity

I put the magnitude here: https://earthalabama.com/energy.html#/

Using Total Seismic Moment energy, a Magnitude 9.95 earthquake would amount to a little over 1 yottajoule, which itself is High 6-B. Could be higher, idk.

I could probably argue the Angel is 5-B since Earth is under his whim from the writing.

So per my guess, anywhere from High 6-B to 5-B for the Angel's influence over Earth, and High 3-A or Low 2-C for any influence over the mountain Kaf.
Thanks for helping.

Back