• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What does 'jobbing' mean

I've seen this term be thrown around sometimes (while surfing through pre-headshot accelerator matches mainly) and through inference I'm guessing it means messing around in a fight rather than fighting in a way that someone of your tier or with your hax would optimally fight with without any sort of mental restriction such as not liking to use your full power or something.

e.g. a 5-B with sub-rel speed throwing construction at a 9-C who is peak human with MHS burst speed (accelerator shouldn't have lost tbh).

Reason why I'm asking is since I was confused and when I searched up for this term in the terms section I couldn't find it.

It's a professional wrestling term that refers to a character who routinely loses for the sake of the plot. In the case of character fiction it refers to a character or characters routinely losing for the sake of the story.

Last edited:
It's a professional wrestling term that refers to a character who is routinely loses for the sake of the plot. In the case of character fiction it refers to a character or characters routinely losing for the sake of the story.
ah thx, makes sense since all the characters I've seen be refereed to as jobbing are characters that fit this description (logically should beat opponent but loses because of some sort of plot convenience)

It can also mean strong characters being "sacrificed" to make others appear strong, as the same is done in wrestling to hype new superstars or show the change of someone.
An example can be Frieza being defeated by Trunks, the former strongest character in the series quickly dispatched to show how powerful Trunks is.

Back