• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just to perform the upgrade for the recent 4-A feat performed by Voltron. The calculation is good and accepted, but scaling it is the issue. The proposals for which are rather simple.

Voltron becomes 4-A for stopping a bomb capable of wiping out 10 solar systems, which was calced here:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...gendary_Defender:_Destroying_10_solar_systems

While the individual Lions and all the 5-A characters are incredibly superior to generic Galran warships, an unnamed one of which performed the Low 4-C feat that is Voltron's current rating. Not to mention the Ion Cannon is described as reducing planets to "Cosmic Dust".

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Darkanine/Voltron:_Zarkon_Destroys_Altea

So, basically: Voltron and everyone who scales to it becomes 4-A

And all 5-A characters become Low 4-C

I was also a little concerned cause apparently the scene was Voltron had to stop the bomb or everyone would have died but Dark told me Voltron itself wasn't in any danger so I would appreciate the whole screen if someone has it for full context

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
The calc looks fine, but I don't have any context. Is this from the end of S4 (haven't seen it, yet)? 4-A Druids sounds...really off.
I haven't either, but from the sounds of it, the made it with their combined efforts, so it doesn't scale individually. It's like The Beyonders being 4-B by themselves and High 1-B working together, only not nearly as bad as 5-B to 4-A.

It happens in S4E6 "The New Defender". Here are some some direct quotes from the episode.

Pidge: The whole planet is a bomb, one that's big enough to wipe out several solar systems!
Hunk: It's under increasing pressure and when that pressure reaches a certain point, it's going to explode.
Lance: We have to get off this planet and warn everyone!
Hunk: Anyone within ten solar systems of us is going to get blown into pieces!

Unknown Female: Negative, Djalg 15, that zone is restricted. I repeat, Zones Rebulon 4 through 69 are off-limits. We expect a massive detonation soon that will wipe out everything in the quadrant. Stay out of the area.

So it's not so much they were powering the bomb, as much as they were triggering its detonation.

Also, Lotor has a MFTL/MFTL+ feat somewhere in Season 4 I need to calc.

I see seems like Voltron itself would have been fine but everyone and everything else would have been destroyed so it seems alright to scale then and that speed feat will be nice to calc

I do not remember so well, but did Voltron really overpower the explosion, rather than simply stop it from going off?

Technically, Lotor stopped it from going off.

Voltron only gets scaling because he's very consistently, in every form of canon media, from narration to the greatest minds in the universe, described as the most powerful weapon/being/entity in the entire universe.

Well, Voltron was also successfully pinned to the ground by aritficial gravity in this story, and going by the narrative the explosion would easily have killed it. I do not think that we can scale the robot based on pure speculation, without any power demonstrations anywhere near this scale.

I sorta asked Dark about this to since everyone needed to stop the bomb but he said they had to cause everyone else was gonna die and Voltron itself wasn't said to be in danger from it

The Paladins are still learning the applications of Voltron, and they evetually learned how to overcome the gravity.

It's not speculation when pretty much everything has said Voltron is the strongest thing in the universe. Even Zarkon admits that it's the strongest weapon in the universe.

Edit: Also. Voltron's current justification for Low 4-C being superior to warships that should be superior to an incredibly outdated, 10,000 year old warship so I don't see how this would be an outlier.

If Voltron was truly stronger than a bomb capable of destroying 10 solar systems, it would never have been in any danger in the first place.

It is speculation to compare it with a completely different type of weapon system, when its own demonstrations of power have been consistently enormously less.

It seems better to consider the "most powerful" statement as the writers being inconsistent, and not considering the later storyline with the bomb when they first came up with the phrase.

If we get greater explicit power demonstrations at a later point, that would be conclusive evidence for upgrading Voltron, but our visitors will consider us to be irrational and fanboyish if we use such a flimsy reason for such a massive rating.

It's possible the bomb could've killed the Paladins, but not Voltron. Similar to how Haggars magic K'O'd the Paladins in Voltron, but Voltron itself was mostly fine (despite its weakness to magic). Saying it can't scale because it's a different type of weapon also doesn't make sense since it's also said to be the strongest being/entity before too.

When it's repeated over and over and over in every canon source, by several reliable sources and it's a major aspect of the shows lore, then it should take credence. It's not just a one-off statement by a nobody, it's a very consistent constant.

Given that Voltron has consistently had to severely exert itself to produce feats astronomically lower than the explosion in question, and has been repeatedly damaged by enormously less, and the story itself definitely gave the impression that it would easily have been destroyed by the bomb, I think that we have to consider the unproven statement as unreliable hyperbole in this particular case.

My apologies, but I am firmly opposed to scaling Voltron from this until we get more proof. We have to strive to make our wiki as reliable as possible, not base statistics on speculation.

The only other things Voltron has ever realy been damaged by is Magic (which is consistently depicted as being a weaness), giant monsters and Robeast. Said Monsters and Robeast have feats of destroying moons and other celstial bodies with literally no effort whatsoever. Drazil for example destroyed two planets with a casual eye laser without getting serious and one of the monsters destroyed a moon simply by waking up. With the casual Low 4-C feat done by a 10,000 year old warship that shouldn't be close to comparable to the warships Voltron smashes without effort, every feat Voltron scales to has been extremely casual and not at all indicative to these monsters true strength. To say he's consistently hurt by far less doesn't hold water to me.

Semi-related but Voltron may have space-time manipulation too.

From what I recall of watching the entire show, Voltron has been damaged several times by different opponents, but given how busy I am with wiki work, I do not remember the entertainment that I watch very well.

Regardless, I remain firmly opposed to making astronomical upgrades without explicit evidence. I would recommend being patient and waiting for Voltron's own feats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back