• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vaporisation for when rocks are charred to ash

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
FanofRPGs made the following post on my message wall:

https://community.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:1630239

So in trying to look over Star Wars feats, Darkanine linked me this calc, which shows that calculation members use vaporization for feats where rocks are charred to ash. I reccomend against this;

Rocks don't turn into ash under sufficient temperatures needed for vaporization. Thing is that rocks are made of ash. They are clumps of rock, organic matter, ash, dirt, metals, and traces of water. Ash is what happens when rock is put under sufficient pressure and are thus grinded down to small particles, something that happens with pulverization. And if one asks about the charring of rock into ash, I should note that using the combined gas law, it is found that the temperature in such a high pressure explosion as to pulverize rock will be several dozens of thousands of degrees for a quick instant, more than enough to char some rock.

Simply put, rocks turn to ash under sufficient pressure seen from pulverization, and vaporizing rock will simply evaporate it, not turn it to ash.

Could you post this on the wiki management/calc group discussion board? I think it is rather important for all past and future calcs pertaining to pulverization and vaporization.

Back