• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UNSC 5-B Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in Halo Envoy, it states that NOVA bomb completely shatters a planet until it is empty debris.

"Our deep-space comms equipment was damaged," Mike said. "We never got the orders to cease or withdraw. We didn't know the war was over, never mind that there was peace. So we followed through with SUNSPEAR and lit the nuke."

"We got out before the destruction," Adriana said. "We watched from orbit in our escape shuttle. An entire planet ripped apart. Every living thing on it killed in a moment. Zero probability for survival, no matter what kind of lifeform. By the end, it was just empty debris where a planet once had been. And that's when I actually started wondering—where does this armor stop and flesh begin?"

Buckell, Tobias S.. HALO: Envoy (Kindle Locations 2308-2313). Gallery Books. Kindle Edition.

I think it's pretty reasonable to give the UNSC a 5-B upgrade.

Edit: It is a Sangheili colony world. Sorry if I'm proposing this in a wrong way. I am a noob.

The baseline for 5-B would be busting an Earth sized planet. 59.44 Zettatons of TNT is required to do so. Iirc, the planets or moons that Nova Bomb typically destroys are like Pluto or Ceres sized; they're smaller than Earth's satellite moon. Even the baseline for Moon level or 5-C is 29.6 Exatons of TNT. So unless there are scans of them being appropriate sized, it's still Multi-Continent level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back