• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Ok so I wasn't going to make this thread until the calc got accepted but it appears there are some issues with Undergrowth's calc so I'm here to address them as best I can.

Firstly, here is the calc User blog:Therefir/Danny Phantom: Undergrowth.

Timeframe
Ok so the timeframe is ten seconds. Now a problem here is that after the forest feat, large ass vines cover the planet and the the camera zooms out of Undergrowth's eye. This leads people to assume that was just a vision, not the feat happening at the moment so we can't tell the timeframe.

However this is not the case. At the beginning we literally see the trees grow out of the ground rapidly and as the screen backs up they continue and in 10 seconds he covers North America. The next part of the scene shows the massive vine spawn from one side of the planet and wrap around it however this part is simply telling us that he would essentially be across the planet, nothing more. Especially since you don't see any big vines of that size coming from Undergrowth or anywhere for that matter.

So we have actually on screen evidence of the forest spreading. The vines are basically just a showing that he would eventually get the planet, not an actual part of the feat. Lastly, Undergrowth is superior to Vortex who is Sub-Relativistic so his plants and trees spreading that fast over North America isn't outrageous.

Undergrowth's Attack Potency
Another problem is using KE and scaling this to Undergrowth's AP and such. The question is can Undergrowth move the forest he creates. Now I'm not good with calcs and kinetic energy so I'm not going to sit here and lie and say that I do. So what I'm about to write will half to be looked over and see if it's acceptable.

Now for those who don't know, Undergrowth creates the the plants, he has also been shown to manipulation large amounts of his plants like when he sent a sworm of vines and plants at Danny and chased him through Amity park, manipulate his large building duplicates and use enough plants to grow to the size of a skyscraper version of himself after Danny flew into the clouds to get away from him.

Plus, Undergrowth's very consciousness and will are inside all plant life. From the ghostly ones to the normal ones he creates. He can feel their pain and see what they see. When Undergrowth's core body was destroyed, all of his ghostly plants died with him (not the normal ones). This means not only did he create said forest, but he also was keeping the forest alive with his power, Undergrowth in a sense is the forest it's. Lastly, like I said above, Undergrowth is a greater threat than Vortex who is Low 6-B and yes, greater threat in Danny Phantom means more powerful in general. It's not just determined by hax, which is why the likes of the Ghost Writer are not feared but Pariah Dark is.

I'm not sure if him basically being the forest itself is enough to prove that power should scale to him but I've seen it for other characters but I know just because one character does it, doesn't mean we do it for others.

Outlier or Legit
I'm just going to get this out of the way. This is not an outlier.

Arguments Against: Undergrowth got his limbs and body blown of by Danny who is far weaker than this.

Me: This is true but I have counters.

Arguments of Legitimacy: For one Undergrowth did the feat, he was indicated to have created all the original plant life on Earth. He is canon superior to Vortex of demolished Danny and his Low 6-B, and Danny also couldn't brake his vines on several occasions and had to use his weakness (ice) to make them weaker. Lastly, even after Danny used ice to freeze Undergrowth's roots and weaken him several, he still took blows from Danny without getting blown to peices or even a single scratch until Danny fired an ice Ecto blast that blow him up from the inside out.

So he has a higher feat, is superior to someone who is far stronger than Danny, is indicated to have created all plant life on Earth (just don't have a timeframe), beat down Danny and could restrained him, lastly, even while he was extremely weakened he took hits from Danny.

All this against, "Danny harmed him". Yeah I'm definitely sure this is legit and can be acceptable as a feat.

Well, I'm still partial to it being more Environmental Destruction.

Them being a greater threat to the ghost zone then vortex doesn't mean much without specific context. If they controlled the entire population with plants, I'd say that's a lot more dangerous then just creating havoc via a worldwide storm.

And, this isn't something he's doing physically. The plants are connected to him, yes, but that doesn't mean he can exactly punch someone in the face with the force of plants covering a continent.... never thought I'd say that.

I already explained in the OP that in Danny Phantom, being a greater threat means physically more powerful.

This is why Pariah Dark could keep all the ghosts in check and made them all flee in terror upon his return. Despite many ghosts outhaxing him badly.

Are we sure that's the universal term no matter what it holds in context?

Yeah, powerful ghosts are threatening, but do threatening ghosts always have the highest physical power when they can easily pose a threat via hax or Environmental destruction?

Its based of power.

I'll explain.

Look at 8-A Box Ghost. With Pandora's box he was physically stronger than Danny. He has the standard ghost powers, and has Teleportation, Energy Absorption, Attack Reflection (can absorb energy attacks and fire them back), Summoning (Summoning creatures who each are stronger than the last), Statistics Amplification (everytime he opens the box he gets stronger).

Now look at Wulf. 8-A as well and has the same standard ghost powers but only possesses Durability Negation and Portal Creation (He can cut through space and open portals from the human world and the Ghost Zone)

Now which of the two is more dangerous to the Ghost Zone. I'll answer it for you, The Box Ghost. Especially since Wulfs durability negation is useless against other ghost because of their Regenerationn

However do you want to know their bounty numbers. Even after gaining Pandora's box and gaining those abilities and 8-A power his bounty became 50 dollars.

Wulf however has a bounty number of 1,000,000 dollars.

This isn't about the damage they caused either because Wulf is a good guy, he doesn't go around causing damage. It's obvious it's a strength based system.

Hmm

Hax isn't quite the same ordeal as environmental destruction though, but, if they resist mind manipulation, I can see this being a thing.

Still dunno about covering a country being applicable to physical attributes, but I guess if it makes enough sense go ahead.

dunno about them either if it's the exact same ordeal

Well I guess will just half to wait for more input.

I get what you're saying tho, I didn't think him creating a forest could apply to his AP at first but I heard it could so I requested it to be calced.

I think this would ineed fall under Environmental Destruction more than anything tbh, it doesn't seem like that's the energy he forces into every attack.

Strange. I thought it would be similar to storm calcs. You know how characters create a storm and it can scale to their AP/Strike Strength even though they don't have that range with their fists.

What's the difference hear?.

Many storm calcs are environmental damage and simply fail to be classified as such.

The exceptions would be like magic/energy/etc users who use the exact same quantifiable potency to strike, or examples like All Might where they literally physically pull in the storm.

Undergrowth is creating the forest using his power tho, when Danny goes underground he starts freezing all the roots which starts to weaken him.

That entire forest was made from his ghostly energy which is why it was killed off right after Undergrowth's core body was destroyed.

He created it, is connected to it physically and his consciousness and will was spread throughout it. Lastly he was keeping it alive with his power.

All ghostly attacks apply Ecto energy which is why they get nullfied by the Spectrer Deflector and can't break through Anti-Ghost shields. Undergrowth created that forest with his ghostly energy which is why it died off with him.

Odd that that wouldn't apply to his physical strength since it's literally made up of his energy. Oh well, I'm not a calc member or good with calcs so if you guys say it's just environmental destruction I won't argue, just seems weird is all.

Most are generated using their power. The main question is if they can in fact channel that same exact level of power to their physical strikes, or other abilities. Just speaking on the example I am most familiar with (D&D, of course)- the same exact magical potency is put into every other spell on that level.

Also... using KE in growing plants I'm not 100% certain on.

Well yeah they can.

Ghosts bodies are made up of nothing but ectoplasm, this is why they can all manipulate their bodies to their will, creating extra limbs, reducing themselves to gas, ectoplasmic fire, Danny even turned himself into ecto energy to escape Dorathea's grip. Their physical strikes are just as powerful as their energy attacks/construction.

In a sense, ghosts in Danny Phantom are just energy given physical form. Which is why the Fenton Thermos can hold so many ghosts. It breaks down their ectoplasmic form seen in some moments where you see the ghosts being pulled apart by it.

Danny has applied his energy to his strikes, so can Vlad. the Fright Knight's Soul Shredded can fire the energy from itself as blast or a forcefield said energy that can create a planetary storm.

Even Vortex scales to his storm. Not simply by the fact that he can actively use his weather powers while he created the storm but also because he literally was the storm. His own words stating "I am the perfect storm", on the new cast it even stated "Strange weather patterns with faces have appeared all across the globe" He's literally putting himself into the attack. Undergrowth is the same way, he's putting his energy into these plants, creating and manipulating them they literally come together and form him at one point, he is literally the forest itself.

There is only one attack Danny can't apply to his strength and that's the Ghostly Wail and forcefield both of which naturally are far exceed his normal attacks.

@Spino

Thanks for commenting. It seems link the math is good and the method is good but there is a problem with using Kinetic Energy apparently, some don't think it should be used so Therefir is going to update the calc.

I think I'll create a thread about feats like these. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back