• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Triborg vs Ryuji (No More Heroes)

Thought about using Travis, but Ryuji whooped me a lot so wanna try and give em a match.

So speed is equal, Ryuji is High 8-C. SBA otherwise.

Robot Gank Squad: 0

Come Out Dragon: 0

Incon: 0

I thought I'd never see a Ryuji match, such an underrated character
What does Triborg lead with? And because of how outdated Mortal Kombat profiles are, his intelligence section is pretty outdated, so how skilled is he? Ryuji was so skilled that the only reason he lost to Travis was because of his superior stamina, with the latter even showing him respect after the fight was over, so that should tell how ridiculously skilled the guy is.

Triborg is a mix of all of the cyber lin kuei warriors. meaning sektor cyrax cyber smoke and cyber sub zero he can switch between each of their powers and fighting styles or just fight as all of them at the same time giving him a numbers advantage.

mortal kombat is really hard cause of how the story works but at best cyber sub zero is capable of beating both goro and kintaro. goro was the champion of mortal kombat for hundreds of years and nearly beat earthrealm before he fought liu kang. he also beats ermac who has the skill and experience of thousands of warriors who participated in mortal kombat tournaments which only the best are invited to. these guys also lost to a cop...
anyways again this is at best.

Yeah lol figured Travis could do with a break try one of the other assassins

Yeah Triborg is a 4 vs 1, you fight the cyber ninjas all at the same time. Also worth mentioning that Triborg also defeat Shinnok who fought Raiden for eons in the past and was putting pressure on the thunder god to the point where the elder gods had to amp him. Never mind the fact that all of them would have that skill combined as they share a consciousness

Think I might, might vote Triborg via superior numbers and potentially superior skill, because of how Triborg is capable of defeating Shinnok, who has eons of experience.

LS is equal, both Class K, so nothing to say here.

And then their AP, we should also compare that and see if it's a big gap or not.

I really wouldn't assume superior skill, No More Heroes characters not only all basically have combat-reliable instinctive reaction/precog but there's some fairly notable feats in there, by the time he basically ties with Ryuji Travis is capable of deflecting automatic gunfire from multiple directions at once, he's stomped someone who learns in one day what most take years to and has preparated specifically to defeat him, Travis is basically among the best fighters in the world in a world where the skill levels are way higher than IRL, stuff like "can attack in ways completely imperceptible to aware opponents or defeat someone with eyes closed" or "can fight entire battles while asleep" is perfectly feasible. "Guy is really old and has fought for a lot" is really not enough to bridge the gap.

NMH is 9.854 Tons of TNT while Mortal Kombat, to my understanding, is 6.598. A 1.5x advantage for Ryuji before scaling.

Tbf Raiden's calc is really casual from what I remember of it, Triborg can defeat Shinnok who gives him a really tough time.

Guess I'll drop some stuff for what Triborg usually do

Cyrax will likely try to drop bombs and fire nets at Ryuji, the latter probably won't do much given their equal LS however while using his buzzsaws in cqc.

Sektor generally uses rocket spamming that homes in on you and using a flamethrower, Ryuji can take beam katanas to the face though so he'll be alright there.

Smoke often employs intangibility, invisibility and teleporting around the place and making his opponent do so as well with his powers to disorient them.

Sub Zero will do things like ice projectiles, ice clones to take hits and creating weapons out of thin air to fight with.

Back