• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Shinki Scaling

Zun is the kind of person that might give us a shocking revalation... something like, she was there the whole time... within Marisa. Purely speculation, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Grimoire of Marisa shows that some spells she can't copy. For example Reimu's omni-directional barrier (the one she like to spam) is too crazy for her to understand.

Of course, I never meant to imply that she copies everything she sees through sheer talent alone. Heck she needs a powerful magical artifact to even cast a Master Spark. She's just getting by, but she is particularly gifted at learning techniques through observation and effort, with the main concern being replicating the end result.

She need Mini-Hakero because she don't have magic energy to pull it out. That's all. Well, Marisa can't copy spells that too complex (Alice's ones), too alien (Reimu's) or need some outside assistance.

Is it reasonable to assume that those that visibly damaged Shinki(at least 4B durability) should be at least Low 4C in AP? Anything less than that and I wouldn't really expect that the damage would really pile up. I don't know if that assumption can be made, that's why I'm asking.

Well the thing is that we don't know if Shinki has Dura equal to her AP, so we can't scales of it.

And as I said, the thing about needing to hit the enemy 2841824 times to destroy it is just gameplay mechanic, we have seen way too much cases when the Boss/Player position was switched to say that it is actual Dura/AP things.

He's talking about the wings being destroyed, you can't damage your own wings via destroying your own wings.

A fair argument about scaling based off of Shinki's durability. But, what if Reimu's AP is factored into the analysis of the feat by comparison? Wouldn't that lend credence to the durability rating of Shinki of at least 4B?

Well there was the argument that Reimu's Solar System AP is only through a single attack, thus not scalable.

Well, Shinki's wing are quite unstable. They inflicted massive damage by themselves. The large part of Makai was severely damaged by them. It makes harder to determine Shinki's true durability.

Attacks of protagonists were probably less harmful. :)

But in all seriousness we should conclude something about wings durability.

Wasn't her Solar System AP talked about to be potentially her full power?

And in that case that's impressive durability for Shinki then. And if Shinki was equally hurt by her wings exploding and damage from the main cast, it seems likely

I think Solar System AP is about her wings though. Because the battle ends after wings' destruction. At least it is how I remember.

Back