• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 strongest anime/manga verse?

Note: Verse must not originate from light novel/visual novel/games. Anime movies/OVA are valid.

I have two in my mind, Tenchi Muyo and Magi. Tenchi Muyo has tier 0 and Magi has a lot of 1-B.

Technically any verse with tier 0 would be tied with eachother. So, take that for what you will.

Akreious said:
Technically any verse with tier 0 would be tied with eachother. So, take that for what you will.
Tenchi Muyo is literally the only contender for that on the wiki within his restrictions.

Huesito88 said:
Darn it was deleted
It's really outdated nowadays anyway. Ed Edd n Eddy was in the top 5 cartoon series for Low 2-C feats that weren't really feats.

It's really outdated nowadays anyway. Ed Edd n Eddy was in the top 5 cartoon series for Low 2-C feats that weren't really feats.

In the anime part nothing has really changed

I forgot To Aru started as a LN.

Well if that's the case, Digimon stated as a V-Pet simulator and the anime was used to advertise it, so it probably woundn't count either.

It's probably like this unless I missed one. Edit: so Digimon and To Aru Verse doesn't count.

1. Tenchi Muyo

2. Magi

3. Ah! My Goddess

4. Saint Seiya

5. Puella Magi Verse?

You missed Oh my Goddess… and the note on the OP :3

@Dark, oh I didn't know that.

And I missed Slayers apparently

The top 5 anime/manga verse is certainly not what I expected. Mostly because some of the original contenders didn't start off as an anime or manga.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
What even is Digimon anymore. I can't tell if it's a game series or anime series anymore.
What isn't Digimon at this point is the better question.

Blahblah9755 said:
Oh! Slayers apparently started as an LN series! That means PMMM can get a spot!
Well if there's a verse that has a High 2-A than Puella Magi won't be in top 5. But for now it's probably the Puella Magi Verse.

OP meant only stuff that was an anime as the original work. Also technically we can't say which verse is stronger between Tenchi Mujo, Umineko or Ichiban as we can't determine tier 0 vs tier 0.

Okay. Well, Umineko theoretically has a high number of 1-A characters, and at least one High 1-A, so it rates higher if the tier 0 characters are considered to cancel each other out.

Yes, the problem is more that only the battle between two tier 0 matters and it isn't that they cancel each other as much as we can't possibly understand how it would go. Or at least that's how I see it.

It's like having a team battle where both teams have a 1-A and a 10-B. It doesn't really matters which 10-B is stronger because the 1-A that wins will always be above the 10-B that won.

Well, in my mind the structure of the verses themselves leans towards that the ones with a single oddity, such as Tenchi Muyo, are not comparable to the ones with a massive number of completely transcendent entities, such as I/O, Lovecraft, or Umineko, but your mileage may differ.

Agreed with Ant on this.

If they both have Tier 0s, it comes down to who have the most (or strongest, if that can be determined) Tier 1s

Back