• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 10 dumb characters

Braking

He/Him
Basically what are the top 10 dumbest characters in the wiki.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh- Uh? Um. Uh. What.

I cleaned up the language of the first post in this thread.

Dumb aka low intelligence characters like Patrick from SpongeBob (tho he has good feats actually he "varies" in intelligence field)

I've tried to think of a lot of funny answers to this question but then I gradually started taking the thought more and more seriously and as I kept thinking I started to get WAY too epistemological and have been tying to think of characters that have low but notably non-zero intelligence. But then my thought process lead me to thinking of what a zero intelligence character might look like. My first thought was a Real World plant, but the only one listed on the wiki is Venus Fly Trap. That got me thinking about how all plants actually respond to stimuli like the fly trap so they must have non-zero intelligence as well. A character with zero intelligence must literally be irresponsive AND without an internal monologue which ruled out my other idea which was the Monarch of Pointland for being literally incapable of comprehending anything other than itself. I could of course just go with some character that canonically dies at some point and just point at their corpse and say it has no intelligence, but that's not nearly so fun. Unfortunately, a "character" that literally cannot respond to its stimuli and also doesn't have any internal monologue is pretty hard to call a character and I'm not sure that one exists. And so my next step up was trying to come up with a character with what I would call one unit of intelligence, a character, likely a computer program, that takes exactly 1 input and responds in exactly 1 way. Like perhaps if there's a password checker that is canonically its own character but also doesn't do anything else. Literally all it can do is unlock something if it gets fed the specific input of a password and cannot actually respond to anything else. I don't know of any such character exists, but if anyone can think of one, that'd likely be the #1 least intelligent character. In absence of any such character, I would bring back the Monarch of Pointland again, as I do think it's a good fit for the top 10. One other character that I thought of who doesn't have one unit of intelligence, but still very little would be the machine that opens and closes doors before what I would call its enlightenment since at that time all it did was take a series of potential inputs (one of many buttons is pressed) and has a particular output (the corresponding door opens), however it is also clear that the machine can see the humans pushing the buttons and despite not having the knowledge that it comes to by the end of the video at the start, it is still able to make logical deductions and also it has an internal monologue, so it may not be that great a candidate.

I put way more thought into this than I ever should have

Back