• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru calcs discussion

Toaru has been going through several revisions recently and we got a lot of new calcs and this one recalc, so i was told by @DemonGodMitchAubin and @KingTempest that a thread should be created to discuss the old calc vs the recalc.

Here's is the old calc, done by DT

And here is the new one, done by FantaRin

Not much i can add to the discussion.

That was the first part, now for the other feat that i think needs some discussion:

This feat here should have the high end used, not the middle end (currently accepted) or the low end (which was not calced in the blog).

To give the context, the main part of the feat is that a weather satellite was destroyed while in orbit by a laser beam.

This was also explained in the blog, but IRL there are two types of weather satellites, the Polar ones (that circle the Earth at 850km high) and the Geostationary ones (that orbit it at 35000km high).

The low end would be to use Polar altitude, the High end would be to use Geostationary altitude.

What supports the high end are 3 points:

1 - The general public was not aware of the destruction even tho it was above the city at the time, meaning it was outside of the human sight range

2 - The weather satellite Orihime 1 actually had Academy City's best supercomputer inside of it, it would make no sense to let it circle freely around the earth when they could fix it right above them.

3 - It was also a surveillance satellite, not just a weather one, so having it circle around the Earth would make no sense.

The middle end was calced using the 1st point alone to get a minimum altitude of 16000km which doesn't fit either the Polar satellites nor the Geostationary satellites and would thus ignore the other 2 points.

Last edited:
I'd go with Dark's opinion on this one
If you're talking about the satellite feat, using the low end completely ignores the several reasons there are supporting the high-end that i listed in the OP so we absolutely shouldn't go with the low end (which is actually the middle end as i explained in the OP too).

If you're talking about the satellite feat, using the low end completely ignores the several reasons there are supporting the high-end that i listed in the OP so we absolutely shouldn't go with the low end (which is actually the middle end as i explained in the OP too).
Oh okay I thought this was just about checking the calcs themselves to get them evaluated, I can't give any thoughts about the OP currently then since im about to go to work

Back