• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Yup, another possible revision.

I was looking at this blog, and found out Los Angeles, Hong Kong and Tokyo are all up to Mountain level. But these are not necessarily large cities.

On the other hand, to destroy a small mountain is only Small City level to City level, which seems too low.

I think the border between Mountain and City level needs revising, to what I don't know. So fellow calc group members, please tell me what you think.

Ehhh... Tokyo, Hong Kong and LA are large cities. At least in my opinion. "Large" is pretty subjective. (Tokyo would land in the top 10 largest cities no matter how you take it, though)

But in general, especially in regards to mountains, these things vary greatly.

I mean, what a mountain is is not even clearly defined. Where I come from some things that are just around 200m high are considered "mountains".

In other words for these levels we usually take care to look if the size more or less matches what we demand for them to be. There is no point in revising it, because the size variations are so great that you will not manage to do it, without demanding them to fulfill certain requirements.

Given that these things depend 100% on how you define a border, I don't think revision is even remotely worth the effort.

It is just like our country level is average country size, not actually the lowest sizes of countries, because countries vary in size way too much.

Depends if you measure it after city proper, metropolitan area or urban area. In the latter two tokyo is the biggest / second biggest city.

Consider that there are at least 4416 cities world wide (likely much much more). Cities in the top 100 being large cities is by no means suprising or inaccurate.

Please do not remove threads after they have been settled. I can lock it for you this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back