• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Within this CRT, the official Sonic.exe metaseries (Now the "X-Verse") has a proper canon chart that elaborates on where different versions of the character are placed.

Verse Changes​

Confirmed in Joe's tweet, we can now comfortably change certain things about how the verse is structured:
  • Sonic.exe (Verse) becomes renamed to X-Verse. As far as I can tell, there isn't another verse by this name so we don't need to clarify that it is Sonic.exe related.
  • Soulless Sonic, Sonic II Gaiden, Archive Y2K0724 (Xenophanes Canon), Broken_Face (2017 canon) and Sonic Prototype 2017 all become merged into this page, as they are all official material.
  • Because Soulless Sonic is now the de-facto official continuation of the SONIC 2011/Sonic.exe continuity, information relating to both can be used for each other now, including a merge of the Lord X profile and Sonic.exe profile.
  • Sonic II Gaiden and Sonic Prototype 2017 can upscale/downscale from the Sonic.exe branch, as they are alternate continuations.
  • There is now concrete proof that JC-the-Hyena's works are no longer canon to the new series.

Profile Changes and Additions​

All of them​

Sonic.exe / Lord X / Lord Mortis​

• The page "Sonic.exe (Canon)" is renamed to "Sonic.exe (X)" as to follow the more generalized naming conventions of VSB pages (plus X is his common nickname so I feel it should apply).
  • A lot of Lord X's abilities can be applied to 2011 X/Lord Mortis, as he is simply just a younger version of the character. A sandbox is provided as to what they would look like (I based it on Shape's one in the last thread so credit to him where all is due), and I provided some brackets in the tiering based on what they could be agreed to be changed to.
  • A page on VOID Physiology is created, as this is important for characters such as X and Lord Mortis, as well as when the Seven Guardians/EXE pages are created in the future.
    • In addition to this, I suggest removing Higher-Dimensional Existence. HDE is for beings that actually reside or exist on a higher dimension, whereas X was just born in the void but lives in an actual third-dimensional realm as far as I can tell. I'll also add Nonexistent Physiology to the VOID page as this is closer to what Sonic.exe and VOID matter are described as in-universe.

Alan, Dave and Paul​

• Both pages for Alan become merged into Alan (Sonic.exe). Alan also gets a new key for his Soulless Sonic appearance.

VOID Physiology page​

These are at least the few basics that should be added:
  • Nonexistent Physiology (VOID matter originates from the void, which is described as a "space between universes" outside of reality)
  • Incorporeality and Inorganic Physiology (Type 2. Beings made of VOID matter are pure energy/antimatter)
    • VOID Energy Manipulation (Are capable of manipulating this type of energy)
  • Non-Physical Interaction and Soul Manipulation (VOID beings can interact with souls)
  • Resistance to Soul Manipulation (Beings made of VOID matter (such as X himself and the Guardians) do not have a "soul" in an ordinary sense)

Votes​

Several things were debated in the previous CRT thread:

Merged Keys for Sonic.exe and Lord X​

When merging the profiles, @TheShape03 proposed that both of the keys should be merged together as there is nothing indicating that Lord X is actually any stronger than 2011 other than this. I don't really know anymore if both should have separate keys or not for stats, but I do think they should have separate keys for their abilities.

Agree:

Neutral:

Disagree:

Downgrade from Low 2-C​

In the current profile for Lord X (the one that will be carried over and merged), he is noted to have created a universe, but the problem with the statement used is that when applying further context to what the tweet was replying to, we realize that Joe is specifically talking about the continuity and not X's actual dimension. Most times Joe refers to the term "universe" in his tweets is just talking about the continuity/verse of a series, and X's dimension is just referred to as a "dimension", "sub-universe", "domain", and "world". There is no record of Joe at all describing X's dimension as a "universe", "parallel dimension", "parallel world" or anything that would meet the requirements of it being classified as a universe and just seems more like a pocket reality.

In the other CRT, Shape proposed an argument that the Cult of X Wiki page is proof that X's dimension is a universe (the section below is what he was likely referring to)
"3. Outlast it. When X comes into our world, he can only remain for a short period of time. If you can last long enough without being caught by it, X will be sucked back into its world."
When talking about how he crosses over to Earth, both "its world" and "our world" are used in the context, which could be referring to universes due to the fact that it specifically talks about X's interdimensional travel. I myself don't really like this argument because not only could it just be referring to Earth, but I feel there is both a lack of evidence (Joe is often inconsistent with a lot of lore and can sometimes retcon things) and that there is a section on the Universal requirements page that I believe just prevents it altogether, but I will let people decide with a vote and we'll go with that.

Agree:

Neutral:

Disagree:

Lord X - [Low 2-C or High 3-A] Reality Warping​

I think this is a no-brainer but based on this statement about Lord X and his ability section on the Cult of X wiki, his "limitless" stuff should only apply to his powers (which just stem from his Reality Warping). This is because the statements specify that they are in relation to his abilities and not his physical AP. The only real reason I see this being applied him overall is because of the next line right after Joe's tweet, but I don't see how this doesn't apply to anything other than his powers. This would downgrade Sonic.exe/Lord X to Town level physically.

Depending on the other changes, the tiering for the Reality Warping either stays as Low 2-C or changes to High 3-A.

Agree:

Neutral:

Disagree:

Miscellaneous Changes

All other changes relating to the CRT.

Agree:

Neutral:

Disagree:

This took a while to put together lol a lot of things were a mess to keep organized

Verse Changes​

Confirmed in Joe's tweet, we can now comfortably change certain things about how the verse is structured:
  • Sonic.exe (Verse) becomes renamed to X-Verse. As far as I can tell, there isn't another verse by this name so we don't need to clarify that it is Sonic.exe related.
  • Soulless Sonic, Sonic II Gaiden, Archive Y2K0724 (Xenophanes Canon), Broken_Face (2017 canon) and Sonic Prototype 2017 all become merged into this page, as they are all official material.
  • Because Soulless Sonic is now the de-facto official continuation of the SONIC 2011/Sonic.exe continuity, information relating to both can be used for each other now, including a merge of the Lord X profile and Sonic.exe profile.
  • Sonic II Gaiden and Sonic Prototype 2017 can upscale/downscale from the Sonic.exe branch, as they are alternate continuations.
  • There is now concrete proof that JC-the-Hyena's works are no longer canon to the new series.

Profile Changes and Additions​

All of them​

Obviously agreed. Plus, "The X-Verse" sounds more epic.
The page "Sonic.exe (Canon)" is renamed to "Sonic.exe (X)" as to follow the more generalized naming conventions of VSB pages (plus X is his common nickname so I feel it should apply).
I prefer it to continue to be called "Sonic.exe (Canon)" or "Sonic.exe (The X-Verse)", parentheses are not used to add secondary names. They should be added to clarify the verse the character belongs to when there are more characters with the same name.
Editing Rules:
The titles of character pages should be the respective character's name and nothing else, but in cases when there is one or more characters with identical names, a parenthesis that clarifies the entry in the series that a specific character has debuted in, rather than the title of the verse itself, should only be applied in cases when:
A lot of Lord X's abilities can be applied to 2011 X/Lord Mortis, as he is simply just a younger version of the character. A sandbox is provided as to what they would look like (I based it on Shape's one in the last thread so credit to him where all is due), and I provided some brackets in the tiering based on what they could be agreed to be changed to.
I don't agree with separating the powers of both, it's true that Lord X has more experience with his powers, but that's all.
A page on VOID Physiology is created, as this is important for characters such as X and Lord Mortis, as well as when the Seven Guardians/EXE pages are created in the future.
Shouldn't we make the VOID Physiology page before uploading Sonic.exe's profile?
In addition to this, I suggest removing Higher-Dimensional Existence. HDE is for beings that actually reside or exist on a higher dimension, whereas X was just born in the void but lives in an actual third-dimensional realm as far as I can tell. I'll also add Nonexistent Physiology to the VOID page as this is closer to what Sonic.exe and VOID matter are described as in-universe.
The spaces between dimensions are accepted as four-dimensional spaces here.
  • Both pages for Alan become merged into Alan (Sonic.exe). Alan also gets a new key for his Soulless Sonic appearance.
Considering he's the same character, he doesn't need a new key. The passage of time doesn't justify an increase in power, as I explained in the previous CRT.
Since they are the same character, with a time difference in which he was accustomed to never exerting himself nor was his power shown to change, we have no reason to split him into keys. The passage of time does not equal a power increase without more.

If we have a character who never exerts himself nor are there statements proving that he has become more powerful, assuming that he has become stronger requires a lot more assumptions than simply saying that he remains the same in power. And Occam's razor supports my point.
VOID Physiology page
Nonexistent Physiology is a resounding no, X is formed from an existing material and existing in a vacuum just like that does not qualify for it.

Being made of energy will no longer be considered incorporeality, but Intangibility. For the obvious case that energy is not something metaphysical or spiritual.

How are we sure that soul manipulation and NPI is not an ability of Lord X's own rather than an ability that all VOID beings have?

Merged Keys for Sonic.exe and Lord X​

When merging the profiles, @TheShape03 proposed that both of the keys should be merged together as there is nothing indicating that Lord X is actually any stronger than 2011 other than this. I don't really know anymore if both should have separate keys or not for stats, but I do think they should have separate keys for their abilities.
That tweet from Joe just proves that Lord X is more experienced than his 2011 self. I'm just going to copy-paste what I said in the previous thread.
Since they are the same character, with a time difference in which he was accustomed to never exerting himself nor was his power shown to change, we have no reason to split him into keys. The passage of time does not equal a power increase without more.

If we have a character who never exerts himself nor are there statements proving that he has become more powerful, assuming that he has become stronger requires a lot more assumptions than simply saying that he remains the same in power. And Occam's razor supports my point.
When talking about how he crosses over to Earth, both "its world" and "our world" are used in the context, which could be referring to universes due to the fact that it specifically talks about X's interdimensional travel. I myself don't really like this argument because not only could it just be referring to Earth, but I feel there is both a lack of evidence (Joe is often inconsistent with a lot of lore and can sometimes retcon things) and that there is a section on the Universal requirements page that I believe just prevents it altogether, but I will let people decide with a vote and we'll go with that.
This is being misunderstood, the example on the page is a hypothetical scenario where someone says that something "reflects the world" of a character, where just such a vague statement, even if we know it doesn't refer to a planet, is not enough to categorize a structure as Low 2-C. The final sentence only mentions that even though "world" can mean universe, that doesn't mean that something called a world that is larger than a planet will be Low 2-C in size.

What happens in this case is totally different, Joe calls the human universe "our world", and in the same paragraph he calls Lord X's dimension "his world", directly comparing it to the human world.

Something else I just remembered, is that the same page refers to the universes within The Void as "dimensions", and X's world is also described as a dimension.

Lord X - [Low 2-C or High 3-A] Reality Warping​

I think this is a no-brainer but based on this statement about Lord X and his ability section on the Cult of X wiki, his "limitless" stuff should only apply to his powers (which just stem from his Reality Warping). This is because the statements specify that they are in relation to his abilities and not his physical AP. The only real reason I see this being applied him overall is because of the next line right after Joe's tweet, but I don't see how this doesn't apply to anything other than his powers. This would downgrade Sonic.exe/Lord X to Town level physically.

Depending on the other changes, the tiering for the Reality Warping either stays as Low 2-C or changes to High 3-A.
It was discussed in that thread, but to summarize; He can't be referring to just his power because he's talking about abilities in the plural, he can't be referring to his powers and abilities because he's talking about the magnitude of his abilities instead of the quantity, etc.

Off topic, nice job on this thread. I made mine pretty quickly because I got a little excited, this one is better structured.

Last edited:
Back