• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Sailor Moon characters power levels?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
It has been suggested that we rank the Sailor Moon characters too low, with a link to this thread. What do the rest of you think?

What do the rest of you think?

This thread seems like an overhype for me. Especially this: "Sailor Moon Low-Tiers are enough to solo the HST".

SDZ: Hey SDZ1217 what does the scouter say about the wank...

SDZ1217: IT'S... IT'S OVER 9000!!!!....

SDZ: Over 9000!!!! You've gotta be kidding me....

(I'll remove the above statements when I take a proper look at everything in that thread and if it turns out that it isn't wank)

From what I saw there weren't really any feats that reached Solar System Level unless you used powerscalling.

And it contained a lot of irrelevant information such as Ami's IQ being possibly 300, weakest attack being able to destroy windows (Not really all that impressive) and a lot of other things.

Also dimension destroying doesn't really mean all that much and Dimensional Travel does not equal to Relativistic to FTL speed.

I'll post a better reply after I review all the information inside that thread....

Okay. Thanks for taking the time. I have been too unfocused, distracted, and burned out to muster the energy lately.

i won't bother reading the respect page, i am skipping directly to the calcs linked in it:

the first calcs uses words per minute, but in fiction (especially manga and comics) talking is a free action and doesn't take time ergow using this kind of method is shaky at best, the second calc seems fine if all the details in it are correct

And the second calculation established that every main character is MFTL+? Is that flying speed or movement speed?

is there really a difference, i always thought that dividing the category of speed into anything more then movment speed and reaction speed is meaningless, if they can fly that fast, then they can move that fast as well...

They are likely able to react to their flight speed. At least it was in the early chapters (there was only a sub-relativistic speeds feat though).

@ Antvasima: Flying Speed. They are MFTL+ if we accept the High end that is.

@ Illuminati: I don't really think they can run at that speed though...

Do they have any running speed feats that make them 9000 times faster than the speed of light....

If they don't then I seriously don't think we can scale their running speed from their flying speed...

but its their speed none the less, they have the ability to move that fast, does it really matter how the feat was preformed? i seriously doubt that, i am going to have to disagree about this, there shouldn't be any difference between their flying speed and running speed..

It's their speed yes. And yes they can fly that fast but is there any indication that their running speed is equal to their Flying speed rather than just assuming that it is.

I prefer going by their feats or by relying at proper calc for placing a characters stats....

but logically they would need to exert at least the same amount of energy to move their own body mass in the form of flight as they would need exert in the form of running, to fly requires more energy then to run, which should make clear they should be able to move as fast on the ground as they can in interstellar/intergalactic travel...

Logically yes but them flying to Vega wasn't even on panel as such we don't even know if they traveled by normal flying. For all we know they could've used a technique similar to instant transmission.

To fly requires more energy than to run....

How so.....

do you have any evidence that suggest they used such a technique (if it even exists in Sailor Moon universe), because if you don't then occams razor suggests they didn't.

and flying would require more energy since the energy itself would need to be exerted in a way that doesn't involve using any of the limbs, which presumably would be harder to do, the harder the way of exertion, the more energy you would need to exert to achieve the same result, just like blowing a candle using, well, your mouth to blow wind on it is easier then creating the gust necessary to put the candle out using only your hand, different methods take different amounts of energy to achieve the same result...

Happens off screen as such we don't know anything about it and anything is possible....

Different franchises don't use the same principle.... Like this Superman's flying speed > Superman's running speed or at least this is what is suggested by his scenes.

Also why exactly are we arguing about this. We both accept that they may be MFTL+ in traveling speed.

i don't know, and frankly i don't care enough to argue on the behalf of Sailor moon, my problem is more with the division of combat speed and travaling speed rather then running speed vs flying speed, (by the IIRC supermen tagged the flash while running, not sure if it was canon though).

@ Illuminati: Fair enough. Although there are scenes which suggested that Superman's Flying speed > Superman's running speed .

@ Hyper Ano: I don't understand your comment....

There are plenty of comics characters or othervise that do not have official significant running or movement speeds, yet can fly faster than the speed of light. Fiction does not generally remotely confirm to reality in this particular respect.

Antvasima said:
There are plenty of comics characters or othervise that do not have official significant running or movement speeds, yet can fly faster than the speed of light. Fiction does not generally remotely confirm to reality in this particular respect.
Agreed...

I personally think their powerful enough as it is and I don't see feats claming that they are stronger. Maybe a couple of characters should be updated but the rest no

Surely the reason that flight is often faster than running is that they draw from different sources of energy. Running speed tends to draw from the energy is the character's muscles whereas flight tends to draw directly from whatever supernatural energy they make use of, and, flight applies that energy 100% in the intended direction whereas running applies the energy against the ground and sparcely.

In fairness, if a character can fly faster than they can run, then their running speed is basically irrelevant anyway.

All I know is that they're very fast, and destroyed something called the Galaxy Cauldron...

2-A? Seriously? Well, if the Tau Nebula is a galaxy in another dimension/world (and if we assume that this dimension/world is parallel universe), but it is still associated with the galaxy cauldron (the beginning and end of all stars) due to Pharaoh 90 was aspect of Chaos, we can assume probability that there may be low multi-universal something. But tier 2-A... Heck, I remember this chart.

QuasimodoBellringer said:
seriosly wiping out 8 people who are past 5B each.....all in one attack...I have no clue where to rank that. Maybe 2C
Maybe 5-A...

I mean 5-B * 8 = around 5-A.

I can assume that it is possible to interpret both Usagi and Hotaru as 3-A though.

Back