• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Problem with Urashiki Ōtsutsuki

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArachDusa

She/Her
The topic of this thread has been discussed at least once already, but now that Urashiki's arc is over and we don't have to worry about new feats (Unless he uses a Karma seal to resurrect himself) I think the Wikia should establish him as a solid 5-C once and for all. I could at least somewhat understand Urashiki being "Unknown" before his own time travel arc, but after that arc is done for I see no reason to doubt that he's at least on par with his fellow Ōtsutsuki (Well, there's one reason... But I'll go over it later).
Obviously, Urashiki has shown multiple times that he's relative to Sasuke. Even the Wikia acknowledges this - or at least, used to acknowledge this, but this elaboration was seemingly removed from his page after his arc. Urashiki was also able to flee from Sasuke before he could react by turning his Rinnegan blue and was able to steal some of Sasuke's Chakra and put it in his gourd with relative ease. Kaguya was afraid of Urashiki along with Momoshiki and Kinshiki, and Sasuke also considered the three to be a greater threat than Kaguya. Urashiki was shown to look down on Momoshiki when he wasn't around - hinting that Urashiki thinks he's above him in power. And on top of all that, some promotional material for the anime (the only media Urashiki appears in) described Urashiki as being "The strongest of his clan". Obviously this can't be taken literally - Urashiki in his base is clearly not stronger than fused Momoshiki or Isshiki, but it could be argued that he's above base Momoshiki and he's definitely above Kinshiki.
And then, of course, there's the big elephant in the room - Urashiki losing to Boruto and kid Naruto, which is likely the reason the Wikia staff is so insistent on not updating his tier. I believe there's a plausible in-universe explanation for this (It has to do with Boruto having Momoshiki's Karma seal as well as the fact that combining Chakra results in an attack much stronger than both fighters' individual power put together) but even if you don't subscribe to that theory, Urashiki losing to kid Naruto and Boruto is blatant PIS considering all the rest of his scaling in the series.
If you have objections to this argument, I'm looking forward to hear them, however, I feel like most of my arguments were already accepted before (when proposed by other users) and for some reason were still ignored by the Wikia editors. Hopefully I'll be able to change that, or at least clear up why the refusal to update Urashiki's tier is so persistent. Thank you.

I thought this is exactly what content revision threads are for. Or do you mean I should tag staff members?

Damage is Correct. Urashiki is far too Inconsistent with his showings for us to give him a solid rating. his capable of consistently taking on people like Sasuke who are Moon level but also consistently gets blitzed and damaged by people that are barely mountain level City level.

His just a weird case of a walking PIS thats better treated as Unknown.

So does the reason for rating him this way need to be better explained in his profile page?

Okay. Would you and Damage be willing to write an explanation and add it as a footnote section in the page?

I agree with Shadowbokunohero's and Damage's points; Urashiki is too inconsistent in statistics for a solid tier.

Damage is Correct. Urashiki is far too Inconsistent with his showings for us to give him a solid rating. his capable of consistently taking on people like Sasuke who are Moon level but also consistently gets blitzed and damaged by people that are barely mountain level City level.
Agree, but Urashiki was never blitzed by anyone, especially kids.

So is somebody willing to write a footnote explanation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back