• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Nerevarine

Why does the Nerevarine have a "CHIM" key? From what I can see, there's nothing confirming that he achieved CHIM

Most Likely, although there are no REAL information, we suppose he achieved all of vivec's lessons. this dude on reddit explained it better.

Nothing's happened this or last year to change interpretations of the Nerevarine.

As for whether or not the Nerevarine reached CHIM, it's quite literally Schroedinger's Box on that one. "The ruling king is armored head to toe in brilliant flame. He is redeemed by each act he undertakes. His death is only a diagram back to the waking world. He sleeps the second way. The Sharmat is his double, and therefore you wonder if you rule nothing. "Hortator and Sharmat, one and one, eleven, an inelegant number. Which of the ones is the more important? Could you ever tell if they switched places? I can and that is why you will need me. — Sermon Eleven

We know the Nerevarine is a "ruling king" (possessor of CHIM) due to the thin divide between gameplay and lore in this section, yet also rules nothing, because of Dagoth Ur. Whether the Nerevarine is a ruling king in his own right once Dagoth Ur is destroyed, or if the Nerevarine similarly loses his mythic purpose, is unknown and unknowable without a witness such as Vivec.

I'd say the Nerevarine didn't so much have CHIM as CHIM had the Nerevarine, and after the events of Morrowind were completed, they were no longer bound together. Perhaps the Nerevarine can still reach it from time to time, but it's likely not a permanent state such as Vivec and Talos had.

Via. u/myrrly

Lucas Carvalho Santiago said:
Most Likely, although there are no REAL information, we suppose he achieved all of vivec's lessons. this dude on reddit explained it better.
Nothing's happened this or last year to change interpretations of the Nerevarine.

As for whether or not the Nerevarine reached CHIM, it's quite literally Schroedinger's Box on that one. "The ruling king is armored head to toe in brilliant flame. He is redeemed by each act he undertakes. His death is only a diagram back to the waking world. He sleeps the second way. The Sharmat is his double, and therefore you wonder if you rule nothing. "Hortator and Sharmat, one and one, eleven, an inelegant number. Which of the ones is the more important? Could you ever tell if they switched places? I can and that is why you will need me. — Sermon Eleven

We know the Nerevarine is a "ruling king" (possessor of CHIM) due to the thin divide between gameplay and lore in this section, yet also rules nothing, because of Dagoth Ur. Whether the Nerevarine is a ruling king in his own right once Dagoth Ur is destroyed, or if the Nerevarine similarly loses his mythic purpose, is unknown and unknowable without a witness such as Vivec.

I'd say the Nerevarine didn't so much have CHIM as CHIM had the Nerevarine, and after the events of Morrowind were completed, they were no longer bound together. Perhaps the Nerevarine can still reach it from time to time, but it's likely not a permanent state such as Vivec and Talos had.

Via. u/myrrly
Solid answer that clears up the matter for me perfectly, thanks!

Back