• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Mountain (Books version) Lifting Strength upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
George R.R. Martin says here that Gregor Clegane can rip the heads off his opponents, which is a Class 5 feat
So my main issue here is that this is a jokey response to a joke question. To add we don't know the method of the Mountain ripping off their heads, since if it takes the mountain something like 10-30 seconds that wouldn't be a Class 5 feat due to muscle strength failure.

Possibly higher would work I guess.

So my main issue here is that this is a jokey response to a joke question.
Fair, but for this particular case I don't see why it couldn't be taken into account, because the Mountain is described as being ridiculously inhuman and he has already performed with his bare hands similar feats to those mentioned by GRRM in this video. I mean, not rip off heads but very graphic feats in terms of violence, against Oberyn for example:

He thrust his free hand into Oberyn's unprotected face, pushing steel fingers into his eyes. Clegane slammed his fist into the Dornishman's mouth, making splinters of his teeth. "Then I smashed her ******* head in. Like this." As he drew back his huge fist, the blood on his gauntlet seemed to smoke in the cold dawn air. There was a sickening crunch.
Note: The first feat I highlighted in bold is even mentioned in the GRRM video

Ripping heads also seem to be common feats in ASOIAF:

Maelys Blackfyre, the Monstrous: Captain of the Golden Company, named for his grotesquely huge torso and arms, fearsome strength, and savage nature. A second head grew from his neck, no bigger than a fist. He won command of the Golden Company by fighting his cousin, Daemon Blackfyre, for it, killing his cousin's destrier with a single punch and then twisting Daemon's head until it was torn from his shoulders

By then he was bare-handed, having left both of his axes buried in a foe's chest, but the singers say he leapt upon the witch's horse, grasped her face between two bloody hands, and tore her head from her shoulders as she screamed for succor

To add we don't know the method of the Mountain ripping off their heads, since if it takes the mountain something like 10-30 seconds that wouldn't be a Class 5 feat due to muscle strength failure.
It's highly unlikely that the Mountain will take that long to rip off a head, for the reasons already explained, but fine.

Possibly higher would work I guess.

I think a "likely higher" or "likely Class 5" is better, for the reasons already explained there too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back