• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
AP - Physical
Both are unlikely to be much stronger than the other

AP - Weapons

Lucy has three main weapons:
  • Unity - While it is a pistol, it should be noted that bullets in Cyberpunk are much stronger than IRL to deal with chromed out people. A 9mm can bore a hole through someone's head as an example
  • Monowire - In either end (molecule or atomic), the wire is so absurdly sharp that the Hunter has zero ways to withstand a wire slap
  • Quickhacking - The Hunter possess no (from what I see) computer based electronics. Making her Quickhacking useless against him. The reason for this is that Lucy's Quickhacking relies on the object being made with computer architecture or being controlled by something with said architecture. Things that are purely mechanical or just tech based would be immune to her hacking (in the same way that you can't hack a toaster)
    • Though in Night City she has a real time 3D map and the ability to hack into a vast array of NC's automatic systems.
The Hunter has
  • A vast array of guns, of which Lucy has no evidence of being immune to
Overall both can one shot each other with (most) of their guns if they land a good hit

Speed

Is equalized. I think Lucy has examples of actually dodging gunfire in a combat situation while the Hunter has no similar battle experience

Durability

Neither can withstand the other's attacks

Hax / Gear

Lucy

So Lucy's three main things are a Cyberdeck, Monowire and a Neuroport. To quote the Edgerunner's Mission Kit
Your neuroport is an all-in-one tool. Unless you’ve got a really cheap model, chances are it can do at least the following.
  • Connect to your optic nerve and auditory processing centers, letting you see and hear information transmitted by your holophone, slotted shards, and other cyberware.
  • Grant access to a built-in holophone, letting you make calls with just your brain. The “just your brain” part is important. With some practice, you can communicate with others via your holophone without speaking out loud. However, chances are the person on the other end will hear artifacting (repeated words, unusual word placement) because thoughts are messier than speech. Your holophone can also be used for limited CitiNet searches, simple photography, basic task management and scheduling, and text messaging
  • Project a customizable HUD over your field of view. The HUD interfaces with loaded databases to label important objects and people, push status updates, keep track of consumables like ammunition and drugs, show you the time, and even provide subtitles for vids and text translations for other languages.
  • With the addition of a biomonitor, it can monitor your health and feeds the information to you as needed. If you’re a Trauma Team member, your neuroport will even contact them in an emergency.
  • Interface with computer systems, some wirelessly, some through your personal link: The interface plug you yank out of your wrist and connect to devices. Ignore doomsayers who talk about how neuroports leave you vulnerable to malicious netrunners. The manufacturers build security into every model. Besides, according to the NCPD, random quickhack attacks were down by a whole five percent last year.
  • Plug in shards. Most neuroports contain two slots, allowing you to insert both enhancement shards and data shards. Your neuroport can even dip you into virtu by overriding your senses so you can experience a presentation, a short interaction, or even some games fully in your mind.
  • Monitor, regulate, and provide processing power for the rest of your cyberware.
So Lucy has a HUD, a 3D of the entire city, the ability to remotely interact with anything and a 50 meter hacking range to anything she can see.

The main issue is that Lucy's hacking relies on something to have a computer standard. To quote the RED core rulebook
Many electronics do not have a NET Architecture, either because they are analog, like many toasters still are, or operate entirely on the CitiNet and memory chips, like Agents and Video Cameras do. These types of electronic devices can still be countered using the Electronics/Security Tech Skill, but since they don't need a NET Architecture to operate, they can't be hacked with the Interface Role Ability.
Now in 2077 everything is now on the NET again, but that means that the Hunter's analog gear can be directly effected.

However, the starting distance is very good for her. To quote the Edgerunners Mission Kit again
Monofilament whip that can be concealed successfully without a check. One-Handed Exotic Heavy Melee Weapon capable of making melee attacks from up to 6 m/yds (3 squares) away. Whenever a Monowire causes a Critical Injury, the aggressor rolls twice on the Critical Injury table and chooses their favorite option for their victim to suffer.

Lucy wouldn't have a hard time stepping forward and swinging her arm out, which would throw out a whip that would easily slice the Hunter in half.

The Hunter
The Hunter's gear for the most part doesn't do anything special. Since they don't really help him one shot outside of two things: The camo and the radar. Both however have issues:
  • Camouflage clothing: They're in a City and the Cyberpunk universe is mostly a blasted radioactive desert rather than woods or snow. Making the suit not that useful
  • Radar: This would be useful if it wasn't tuned to only dinosaurs. Additionally this might actually be based on NET architecture since its a constant GPS signal and active map, which Lucy would be able to hack and track reliably

My thoughts

Really its a one shot contest and who is more likely to hit who first. To me Lucy is more likely to do that than the Hunter. She's rated as being more skilled with melee weapons, has experience fighting other people with guns and is in a location she's familiar with. The Hunter's guns however, would kill her if they struck her (though the reverse is also true). In my view at 20 feet, Lucy's weapons are smaller and faster on the draw compared to the Hunter's guns (other than the pistol maybe). So while both can easily kill the other, I think Lucy would consistently get the first shot off which gives her the win more often then not.

AP - Physical

AP - Weapons

• Unity - While it is a pistol, it should be noted that bullets in Cyberpunk are much stronger than IRL to deal with chromed out people. A 9mm can bore a hole through someone's head as an example
  • Monowire - In either end (molecule or atomic), the wire is so absurdly sharp that the Hunter has zero ways to withstand a wire slap
  • Quickhacking - The Hunter possess no (from what I see) computer based electronics. Making her Quickhacking useless against him. The reason for this is that Lucy's Quickhacking relies on the object being made with computer architecture or being controlled by something with said architecture. Things that are purely mechanical or just tech based would be immune to her hacking (in the same way that you can't hack a toaster)
    • Though in Night City she has a real time 3D map and the ability to hack into a vast array of NC's automatic systems.
The Hunter has
Overall both can one shot each other with (most) of their guns if they land a good hit

Speed

Is equalized. I think Lucy has examples of actually dodging gunfire in a combat situation while the Hunter has no similar battle experience

Durability

Hax / Gear

Lucy

So Lucy's three main things are a Cyberdeck, Monowire and a Neuroport. To quote the Edgerunner's Mission Kit

So Lucy has a HUD, a 3D of the entire city, the ability to remotely interact with anything and a 50 meter hacking range to anything she can see.

The main issue is that Lucy's hacking relies on something to have a computer standard. To quote the RED core rulebook

Now in 2077 everything is now on the NET again, but that means that the Hunter's analog gear can be directly effected.

However, the starting distance is very good for her. To quote the Edgerunners Mission Kit again

Lucy wouldn't have a hard time stepping forward and swinging her arm out, which would throw out a whip that would easily slice the Hunter in half.

The Hunter
The Hunter's gear for the most part doesn't do anything special. Since they don't really help him one shot outside of two things: The camo and the radar. Both however have issues:
  • Camouflage clothing: They're in a City and the Cyberpunk universe is mostly a blasted radioactive desert rather than woods or snow. Making the suit not that useful
  • Radar: This would be useful if it wasn't tuned to only dinosaurs. Additionally this might actually be based on NET architecture since its a constant GPS signal and active map, which Lucy would be able to hack and track reliably

My thoughts

Really its a one shot contest and who is more likely to hit who first. To me Lucy is more likely to do that than the Hunter. She's rated as being more skilled with melee weapons, has experience fighting other people with guns and is in a location she's familiar with. The Hunter's guns however, would kill her if they struck her (though the reverse is also true). In my view at 20 feet, Lucy's weapons are smaller and faster on the draw compared to the Hunter's guns (other than the pistol maybe). So while both can easily kill the other, I think Lucy would consistently get the first shot off which gives her the win more often then not.
Radar is optional and it’s not really tuned to just dinosaurs

In another game carnivores ice age it works on non-dinosaur animals and even supernatural ones like a yeti (well it could be gigantopithecus but still)

Well in the game you first select a creature then you have the option of using radar which suggests to me you can essentially put data of a being into a radar and it will show all numbers of that being.

So I’d say if the hunter was given prep and prior knowledge of his opponent he could put them under the radar.

But the radar is optional and I didn’t include it. Really none of the optional equipment except for those mentioned in the OP were included

But I can agree with your reasoning

In another game carnivores ice age it works on non-dinosaur animals and even supernatural ones like a yeti (well it could be gigantopithecus but still)

Well in the game you first select a creature then you have the option of using radar which suggests to me you can essentially put data of a being into a radar and it will show all numbers of that being.

So I’d say if the hunter was given prep and prior knowledge of his opponent he could put them under the radar.

But the radar is optional and I didn’t include it. Really none of the optional equipment except for those mentioned in the OP were included

You might as well give the Hunter all of his equipment because Qwased assumed that's what he has and Lucy still wins.

AP - Physical

AP - Weapons

The Hunter has

Speed

Durability

Hax / Gear

Lucy

The Hunter

My thoughts

To add onto this, Lucy is also ridiculously more agile (I'm surprised she doesn't have Acrobatics on her profile) which should increase her chance of being able to evade the Hunter's shots and also makes it easier for her to get to higher ground if needed.

AP - Physical

AP - Weapons

The Hunter has

Speed

Durability

Hax / Gear

Lucy

The Hunter

My thoughts

I vote for Lucy winning the battle based on the quoted reasons.

Back