• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The First Lord of Cinder vs The Prodigal Son

How far into High 4-C are they both?

DarkGrath said:
How far into High 4-C are they both?
Honestly, I'm not quite sure, but I'd be willing to bet that Trunks easily defeats Gwyn as a Super Saiyan (50x faster and stronger), so Gwyn's only chance is to kill him beforehand

Goddamn... unless Gwyn has a massive AP advantage off the bat, Trunks would probably one-shot the moment they go Super Saiyan. Would it be an in-character move for him to go Super Saiyan as quickly as possible?

DarkGrath said:
Goddamn... unless Gwyn has a massive AP advantage off the bat, Trunks would probably one-shot the moment they go Super Saiyan. Would it be an in-character move for him to go Super Saiyan as quickly as possible?
Not necessarily, as Gwyn (to my knowledge) wouldn't warrant him going SSJ, giving Gwyn enough time to potentially figure something out. If it comes to blows and Trunks is losing, GG for the First Lord, cuz SSJ is coming out

I honestly do genuinely think this sounds like a good match, I just know almost nothing about Trunks so I can't make an educated vote.

To give you the basics, Trunks can blast off blasts that slightly home (he can control their trajectory, but only slightly), but his heavy hitters like Burning Attack require him to weave some Naruto Hand signs first. He can shoot a blast out of his hand at close range to create a shotgun-esque effect, he can use his sword at blinding speeds and combo into it with the aforementioned close-range blast, and he can even create a dome around himself that vortexes into the middle of the dome, right above him, and it funnels up to completely destroy someone

Hmm, I see.

I don't know their comparison in AP, but if this is speed equalised and we assume they are relatively comparable, my vote goes to Trunks. He can go SSJ and completely annihilate them, though as you mentioned this may not be warranted. Otherwise though, Trunks can hit with ranged projectiles and stay far out of Gwyn's range, as well as generally seemingly being more versatile. Not by much, but again, assuming they are relatively comparable in AP, I'd consider it a high difficulty win for Trunks.

I just checked all of Future Trunks's fights in DBZ, and the only time he ever goes into Super Saiyan against someone he doesn't know/hate before they even fight is when he is almost killed. (Android 14 was defeated without SSJ, he only went SSJ against Super 13 after he defeated Vegeta, he consistently fought Gokuu several times in base before Gokuu almost killed him with his sword, to which he responded by going SSJ and oneshot killing him.) It's not IC for him to go SSJ against someone he doesn't know or have feelings about

Android Saga base Trunks > 50% Frieza > Kaioken x10 Goku ~Baseline Low 4-C

^This is the scale for Trunks, so Base form Trunks is roughly 7-14x baseline.

7x is a oneshot

50% Frieza is around 3.5x KK x10 Goku, Mecha Frieza is about 2x 50% Frieza, and Trunks is anywhere between equal to to 7x Mecha Frieza

Update: Trunks in base post HTC training with Vegeta is likely mid-high Star level, and low-mid Large Star after SSJ

GL Gwyn is Baseline Large Star

With that in mind, Gwyn has a slight advantage with base Trunks, and a slight disadvantage in SSJ

Well, I'm sticking with my vote for Trunks, if that matters. This does seem like a cool matchup!

BakiHanma18 said:
With that in mind, Gwyn has a slight advantage with base Trunks, and a slight disadvantage in SSJ
With the above in mind and assuming nobody on-shots, I'd probably give this to Trunks by a slim margin. Gwyn probably has the skill advantage considering he's centuries older then Trunks, but Trunks has the better range options plus flight and while Gwyn fought an entire war against dragons (genociding them all two by the by), his only range option was designed to kill them and against Trunks it's just AP. Assuming no oneshots Trunks will reconize the strength difference and likely go SSJ pretty quickly.

With the above in mind and assuming nobody on-shots, I'd probably give this to Trunks by a slim margin. Gwyn probably has the skill advantage considering he's centuries older then Trunks, but Trunks has the better range options plus flight and while Gwyn fought an entire war against dragons (genociding them all two by the by), his only range option was designed to kill them and against Trunks it's just AP. Assuming no oneshots Trunks will reconize the strength difference and likely go SSJ pretty quickly.

Sounds right. I feel like if Trunks tries to start with close range, he might take on enough damage to where even going SSJ won't necessarily save him, but if he starts with long range, it gives him a lot more room to breath, and a better chance of being able to gain the upper hand with SSJ

Back