• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Technical questions regarding page creation and content revision

1. Are there any steps after I’m satisfied with the sandbox that I need to take in order to have the page in accordance with any rules?

2. Does a moderator need to approve the page before it can properly go live? If so, how would I go about getting in touch with them?

3. I seem to remember there being tagging, is that important to page creation? If so, how should I go about it? Are there any specific rules or guidelines I should be following?

4. Not relevant to page creation specifically, but does anyone have a good example for how Content Revision Threads should be conducted? I know that Character Pages have a template, is there something similar for this?

5. For the future, is there an FAQ where these kinds of questions are covered or is this the best way to receive answers for these sorts of things?

1. Are there any steps after I’m satisfied with the sandbox that I need to take in order to have the page in accordance with any rules?

2. Does a moderator need to approve the page before it can properly go live? If so, how would I go about getting in touch with them?

3. I seem to remember there being tagging, is that important to page creation? If so, how should I go about it? Are there any specific rules or guidelines I should be following?

4. Not relevant to page creation specifically, but does anyone have a good example for how Content Revision Threads should be conducted? I know that Character Pages have a template, is there something similar for this?

5. For the future, is there an FAQ where these kinds of questions are covered or is this the best way to receive answers for these sorts of things?
  1. Just post it.
  2. Unless is something tier 1 related then no, is not necessary for a staff to approve it, would be preferable if one give it the green light but is actually not mandatory like, imagine if the currently more than 31000 pages all needed staff approval before posting, that would kill all staff members from exhaustion. If you want just in case staff approval then I suppose that asking in the all purpose request thread.
  3. If with tagging you mean the categories then yes, they are mandatory to all profiles, however is forbidden to add them to sandbox so don't do that until the profile is posted. All you need to do is copy what other pages do, like just look at their source code at the bottom of the page.
  4. No, as long something is wrote coherently and with scans then the rest is up to each individual, you can look at various crts and just take the example of what seem to be the general trend or the style you like more, in my case personally speaking I like using spoiler tags to organize each point (like this) since my crts tend to be big.
  5. For this things you specifically asked I think there is no FAQ, so asking others in more specific things like this is fine.

1. Just post it.
  2. Unless is something tier 1 related then no, is not necessary for a staff to approve it, would be preferable if one give it the green light but is actually not mandatory like, imagine if the currently more than 31000 pages all needed staff approval before posting, that would kill all staff members from exhaustion. If you want just in case staff approval then I suppose that asking in the all purpose request thread.
  3. If with tagging you mean the categories then yes, they are mandatory to all profiles, however is forbidden to add them to sandbox so don't do that until the profile is posted. All you need to do is copy what other pages do, like just look at their source code at the bottom of the page.
  4. No, as long something is wrote coherently and with scans then the rest is up to each individual, you can look at various crts and just take the example of what seem to be the general trend or the style you like more, in my case personally speaking I like using spoiler tags to organize each point (like this) since my crts tend to be big.
  5. For this things you specifically asked I think there is no FAQ, so asking others in more specific things like this is fine.
Thanks for the response. This is definitely helpful!

Back