• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TARDIS 1-A

Status
Not open for further replies.
DOCTOR 3 [OC]: The Tardis is dimensionally transcendental.

JO: [OC]: What does that mean?

DOCTOR 4 [OC]: That's trans-dimensional engineering.

>Journey to the Centre of the Tardis (s07 e10)

http://www.chakoteya.net/DoctorWho/33-11.htm

In the next sentence it says trans-dimensional engineering, indicating that the dimensionally transcendental is actually speaking as dimensions of dimensional geometry.

Which makes me think that the TARDIS in literal FULL POWER would be 1-A, since it is beyond the dimensional concept.

Even because, TARDIS harbors several universes and dimensions within itself, has traveled the Omniverse (Paper Cuts, audio story), can destroy ALL reality if it explodes, and the "undones" that she has, are always when she has her guard down and something, even because she is not properly for wars and battles. That is, it has not desfeats to not put it to this Tier while FULL POWER, but yes, feats.

Another point for my thread is that, TARDISes move through the Time Vortex.

Time Vortex is Infinite Dimensional.

Time Vortex, and simply the Vortex, was the place where time and space met, intersecting at an angle determined by non-Euclidean geometry (Cat's Cradle: Witch Mark, source).

Attention in the non-Euclidean geometry... Euclid determined a space with dimensions in a finite number. Beyond euclids, Hilbert described an axis with an affinite number of dimensions.

And, in the Spiral Scratch, Upon falling into the vortex, it is said: And he threw himself into the spiralled crucible, dropping downwards into the dimensionally transcendental abyss. Wich make a being who would use the Omniverse as a restaurant, to be disintegrated.

--------

Or, in other words, TARDIS can travell across Hilbert Space and Beyond, which leaves the dimensionally transcendental quite plausible to me.

What do you think? 1-A?

TARDISes have been stated to have an 11-Dimensional power source. We cannot unreasonably boost them any higher than that, and are likely being generous as it is, considering that their offensive capacities are not remotely of that level.

Also, travelling through higher-dimensional space is not the same as encompassing it, and "dimensionally transcendant" can just as easily mean simply being higher-dimensional than our 4-D continuum.

Regarding non-euclidean geometry, here is what our math expert DontTalk replied, when I asked him recently:

"In regards to dimensions the concept of Non-Euclidean space holds no relevance.

Euclidean space is merely the \mathbb{R}^n (where n is an arbitrary natural number) equipped with the standard inner product.

Everything this isn't such a space is a Non-Euclidean space.

An example for a non-euclidean space would be the universe we life in.

So in regards to dimensionality the term doesn't matter and as far as I see from the thread the game doesn't seem to use it in the mathematical way, but more as a name for a location.

So I would suggest just ignoring the term being used in regards to judging the case, as it shouldn't have an impact on the decision."

We also do not recognise the term "Omniverse", as it does not make any rational sense.

Also going to point out that characters such as the Carnival Queen, the Guardians, etc, who vastly transcend everything the Time Lords have ever made, are still described as having dimensions, albeit far more than most other things. Then there's the fact that the Glory, which is the absolute most powerful thing in the franchise without any competition, holds together an infinitely layered existence, but is not said to transcend it, and even if it did, then only the Glory would be base level 1-A.

@Azathoth

Btw: Would you mind expanding on the explanations for The Glory's profile page? It is currently very lacklustre.

Yes. Thanks. Although I remember once being presented with a quote that describes it as having infinite layers. Perhaps that could be added as a footnote, if you have it available?

TARDISes have been stated to have an 11-Dimensional power source.

The TARDIS of the DOCTOR (Which is a highly outmoded model), have been stated to have a matriz of intelligence 11-D. Not the power source (Even because in the quote, they were talking about the language and why the Doctor could not communicate with she).

Well, we are definitely not going to perform any unreasonably extreme upgrades to the TARDISes without Azathoth's approval.

Well, that settles the issue then. Thank you for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back