• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tanimura vs Shinada (7-0-0)

I think lore-wise Shinada is probably stronger since he fought a superior version of Sango (the Amons are always training to the point they can one-shot themselves from the exact previous game). The only problem is Tanimura’s parrying, but Shinada can just use long range weapons to bypass it once he sees melee doesn’t work.

Kineicho Boy ftw.

Last edited:
As much as I love Shinada, I think Tanimura takes this, but with some difficulty. Shinada should be way stronger than him, but considering how ineffective his hand-to-hand skills are and that Tanimura likely knows how to counter grapplers thanks to his training, this fight will be a tough matchup. Since the fight takes place in the Coliseum, Shinada's chances would increase if he's allowed weapons or if the spectators toss him some, but then there's the fact Tanimura might have access to his gat as well.

I will say that I do agree with Shinda being physically stronger than Tanimura, however it's not that big of a problem for him. Tanimura has bested those who are physically stronger than him, who he can't grapple (looking at you Sugiuchi), and he should be more skilled due to his training. Not only that, but he also has more stamina in the tank than Shinada, who falters against larger crowds, as opposed to Tanimura who was able to take on some of the toughest members of the police force up on the Millenium Tower.

Also, don't remember it well, but Tanimura has heat actions that disarm his opponents, doesn't he?

True, arrest is an insta-win.
But I’m also thinking that if Shinada ever did land a single hit it would deal crippling damage, considering the between-game Amon growth.

Hmmmm well at a glance Shinada has the better ap scaling due to his amon, though I'd argue Tanimura is better by pure skill considering his feats in 4 whereas for 5 Shinada needed help in dealing with larger crowds from what I remember. Also Tanimura's style of grappling is leagues better than Shinada's scrappy wrestling tactics ngl

Yeah that's the thing, while Shinada is physically stronger, he doesn't stand a chance when it comes to skill and stamina. Tanimura's best feats are running through Kamurocho dealing with a bunch of thugs while having to take care of a suitcase, and taking on the Munakata's police force, all of which he isn't quite fazed by. Meanwhile Shinada is out of breath when facing big hoards of enemies, an against Daigo he's the one exhausted by the end of it. Not to mention with his acrobatics and training from the force and Nair, he can dislocate Shinada's bones and cuff him.

Hmmmm well at a glance Shinada has the better ap scaling due to his amon, though I'd argue Tanimura is better by pure skill considering his feats in 4 whereas for 5 Shinada needed help in dealing with larger crowds from what I remember. Also Tanimura's style of grappling is leagues better than Shinada's scrappy wrestling tactics ngl
And yeah, from what I remember, Shinada has help in his long fights and he still gets tired afterwards. Hell, he almost got killed at the end of the game for almost getting thrown into running sewer water even when Saejima was there

Shinada is out of breath when facing big hoards of enemies, an against Daigo he's the one exhausted by the end of it. Not to mention with his acrobatics and training from the force and Nair, he can dislocate Shinada's bones and cuff him.
Iirc Daigo and him weren't going all out in their fight (Also Daigo had no gun lol) but yeah Shinada does tend to gas out in fights more often.

I'm voting Tanimura here 6/10 times in the match, considering both will start with cqc Tanimura will out grapple and probably end the fight with an arrest. In fairness to Shinada if he lands a proper hit he'll likely heavily injure Tanimura (Iirc he had the lowest health in 4?) but assuming Tanimura survives the first blow he'd be even more intent on arresting him.

I already explained why I think Tanimura has a better chance of winning, so I'll vote for him as well. Shinadabros... we lost our first actual match...

Yeah, Tanimura (goat [both are]) FRA

Also if you want to get into the nitty gritty stuff, iirc there is a strength ranking in the 15th anniversary book that has Tanimura at 4/5 in strength while Shinada is only a 3/5 but a couple of those placements are weird so bleh

If anyone wants it, here's the pdf for the book
https://archive.org/details/yakuza-15th-anniversary-character-art-book/Yakuza 15th Anniversary Character %26 Art Book/mode/1up

Tanimura's and Shinada's pages right here
BookReaderImages.php

BookReaderImages.php

Yea, Tanimura is going to screw Shinada with the countless parties and the handcuff will bring trouble to him during the fight, regardless of an insta-win or not.

Mahjong Man FRA.

Back