• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

T-Rex Question

FanofRPGs

VS Battles
Retired
Why is its victory over Spinosaurus considered PIS? I get it is drastically different from the real life Spinosaurus (And in real life, a Trex could not fight a Spinosaurus and vice versa because their habitat differences and era differences), but its victory in the movie does not seem inconsistent, given it tanked several rifle shots which earlier were able to blow up a plane, tanked a plane ramming into it, and survived several flaregun shots into its spine. I get its dumb and inconsistent from real life, but most dinosaurs in JP are very different from real life, and as said in Jurrassic World, they always biologically improve their new dinosaurs "to look scarier, to give them more teeth," which might be the case for Spinosaurus, they added genes and stuff that made it more ferocious, able to walk on land, and more powerful.

I actually agree with this, we know the dinosaurs from JP and JW are heavily modified to the point of the Rexes being 8-C, not sure why Spinosaurus victory over Rex is PIS, since: 1.-The Spinosaurus is just as modified as all other dinosaurs if not more, since he was supposed to be something more breathtaking than the Rex itself. 2.- Like you said, he tanked enough gunfire to at least grant him the durability

I agree, It shouldn't be considered PIS, like you said, the Spinosaurus in JP is radically different from the one known in Real Life, and that they engineer the dinosaurs to be stronger and more frightening than the original ones (Like the "Velociraptors" that can open doors).

Antvasima said:
What does the note say?
It states that the Spinosaurus's victory over the T-Rex is "obvious PIS" or something along those lines, given real life standards (And the fact people cannot accept Trex isn't omnipotent), despite the Spinosaurs of JP3 being able to tank guns able to blow up plains, flare gun shots, and a plane ramming into its Sail (Which itself is a weak spot). Furthermore, these dinosaurs are not designed by Ingen to be accurate, but to be progressively more scary and entertaining to get sales. As such, there is no reason why the Spinosaurus's victory over the Trex should be PIS, given its strength and purpose.

Okay. I suppose that you can remove it then.

Back