• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sukuna's Vessel (Yuji Itadori) Vs The Anomaly (Iris) (0-1-0)

Would it be more fair for me to use Highschool Yuji from Episode 1 then?
There's no specific key for that version of him and it doesn't change much anyway since he still pretty much has the same level of skill. That being said, Iris could potentially win by keeping her distance and spamming ranged attacks but I doubt Yuji wouldn't be able to just avoid them and hit her with the left right goodnight. While he doesn't have the regeneration from Sukuna here, his stamina and pain tolerance are still ridiculous.

Iris could potentially win by keeping her distance and spamming ranged attacks
Yeah I can agree with that, since they both scale relative in AP. Iris' wincon is staying at long range and spamming until he's too damaged to keep fighting while Yuji's is to close the gap as quickly as possible.

Can Yuji do anything against getting engulfed in flames?
Not that I'm aware of.

Actually, Iris has a pretty good chance of setting Yuji ablaze since she has some attacks that appear directly below her target. Though her attacks do have indicators right before being fired (Since Magic Circles appear wherever a Mage is casting a spell), whether or not Yuji is quick enough to react and dodge this is debatable (Especially since she still blitzes Player for the most part with these attacks)

Not that I'm aware of.

Actually, Iris has a pretty good chance of setting Yuji ablaze since she has some attacks that appear directly below her target. Though her attacks do have indicators right before being fired (Since Magic Circles appear wherever a Mage is casting a spell), whether or not Yuji is quick enough to react and dodge this is debatable (Especially since she still blitzes Player for the most part with these attacks)
Pretty impressive feat for catching The Player aswell ngl. Considering he has a Pseudo-Flight capabilities that allows him to leap crazy distances into the air which is replicable to what Yuji can do with his acrobatics so it could potentially pose a threat given that she directly Spawn's spells below the feet of her opponent giving her more direct confrontation and the opponent less time to react. Leaning towards Iris rn

He can prob just power though them with his high stamina.
I don't think willpower will keep him alive past a couple seconds tho. Even if he doesn't wanna give up, he can't fight back when his limbs and torso are turned to ash from exposure to direct flames. Think about it 🤷

I don't think willpower will keep him alive past a couple seconds tho. Even if he won't give up, he can't fight back when his limbs and torso are turned to ash.
Considering their comparable in AP and Iris' fire has no heat feats, it's prob not gonna burn him insanely bad.

Iris seemingly doesn't even need much movement here. Spawning spells below Yuji's feat continuously whereever he is on the battlefield will eventually tire him out. If he manages to close distance, she can levitate to another point causing him to miss.

Considering their comparable in AP and Iris' fire has no heat feats, it's prob not gonna burn him insanely bad.
Or she can burn him to death. Her versatility of being able to aim for her opponent's wherever they are is a direct counter to Yuji's acrobatic abilities which allow him to close gaps.
She can also enhance the heat of her flames using;
Or even amplify her magical stats to stronger levels seeing as they're relative here using;
I personally see her burning Yuji to death seeing nothing is stopping her from covering his general direction with flames and enhancing said flames to end him.

Iris seemingly doesn't even need much movement here. Spawning spells below Yuji's feat continuously whereever he is on the battlefield will eventually tire him out. If he manages to close distance, she can levitate to another point causing him to miss.
Gonna note that Speed is gonna be equalized to Yuji since Iris is a bit faster so his speed is gonna be unchanged here. Considering he can run 50 meters within 3 seconds and the starting distance is only 10 meters he should easly be able to close the distance as soon as the fight starts and beat Iris in CQC. Also, whats stoping Yuji from just jumping up to her if she levitates?

Considering he can run 50 meters within 3 seconds and the starting distance is only 10 meters he should easly be able to close the distance as soon as the fight starts and beat Iris in CQC
And what's stopping Iris from immediately placing a flame spell that covers Tens Of Meters under his feet as the fight engulfing him in flames, killing him.... seeing as 10 meters is child's play for them? Iris can cover 10s of meters with flames similar to how Yuji can cross this 10s of meters in a second, especially since they're the same speed.

Also, whats stoping Yuji from just jumping up to her if she levitates?
Nothing really. Her standing completely still while blasting the area and will easily see through him trying to close distance & will give her a headstart to use her levitation spell before he actually does.

Or she can burn him to death. Her versatility of being able to aim for her opponent's wherever they are is a direct counter to Yuji's acrobatic abilities which allow him to close gaps.
Looking at the boss fight in the OP, her spells aren't difficult to dodge. Yuji has dealt with worse.
She can also enhance the heat of her flames using;
How does that enhance her flames? It's literally just her using her fire to melt ice.
Or even amplify her magical stats to stronger levels seeing as they're relative here using;

I personally see her burning Yuji to death seeing nothing is stopping her from covering his general direction with flames and enhancing said flames to end him.
This is the Aura spell by the way. Ignoring the fact that we have never seen her use it canonically hence the possibly rating, there's only a 1/4 chance of it being a damage amp.
And what's stopping Iris from immediately placing a flame spell that covers Tens Of Meters under his feet as the fight engulfing him in flames, killing him.... seeing as 10 meters is child's play for them? Iris can cover 10s of meters with flames similar to how Yuji can cross this 10s of meters in a second, especially since they're the same speed.
The flame pillars clearly don't cover that much. It's big enough to engulf him but also small enough for him to just move and avoid it.
Nothing really. Her standing completely still while blasting the area and will easily see through him trying to close distance & will give her a headstart to use her levitation spell before he actually does.
She can only levitate while charging some attacks which also makes her more predictable, otherwise she sticks to the ground.

As I said before, comparable in AP and Iris' fire has no heat feats. The fact it's gonna take several hits from her fire to take out Yuji on top of his stamina is gonna make burning him to death difficult.
Superhuman (Even though his hand was cut off and injured badly. Had enough will to continue fight against an stronger opponent which he has no way of winning.[5] Even though injured badly can continue fighting with his will to Kill Mahito for Killing his friend.[16][12] Despite his liver being destroyed and on the verge of death still kept fighting to keep Choso out of others way with sole intention of saving Gojo[21])
Firstly, Iirc Fire Manipulation baseline harbors 3500 °C which is enough to turn humans to ash so Yuji is no exception of this especially without a resistance. Iris can create large flames aswell making it difficult to escape without taking significant damage.

And While Willpower can persevere through any sort of harm... Yuji's feats surround damage from blunt objects which don't get me wrong are impressive (More like the liver feat) but it isn't comparable to getting burnt to ashes. Blunt damage stamina feats fight against characters who can do significant blunt damage while flame withstanding stamina feats fight against characters who harbor flames.... Yuji has no feats of his willpower being demonstrated against flames and it's kinda strange to use his feats of taking physical damage against flame feats.

And what's stopping Iris from immediately placing a flame spell that covers Tens Of Meters under his feet as the fight engulfing him in flames, killing him.... seeing as 10 meters is child's play for them?
As I said before, comparable in AP and Iris' fire has no heat feats. The fact it's gonna take several hits from her fire to take out Yuji on top of his stamina is gonna make burning him to death difficult.
Unless she levitates very high off the ground, Yuji should prob be able to reach her by jumping.

Firstly, Iirc Fire Manipulation baseline harbors 3500 °C which is enough to turn humans to ash so Yuji is no exception of this especially without a resistance. Iris can create large flames aswell making it difficult to escape without taking significant damage.
Pretty sure theres no baseline for Fire manip.

Yeah his muscles and flesh have limits, even if his stamina is effectively endless.
Exactly. He doesn't even have a resistance. While willpower could help him (HEAVILY ASSUMING BECAUSE HE DOESN'T HAVE FEATS AGAINST FLAMES), it would only for a few seconds to minutes at best, this is considering the fact that Iris has huge AOE flames with Tens Of Meter distance and is able to directly spawn flames under her opponent's general direction/feet. He'll get burned to death eventually

Pretty sure theres no baseline for Fire manip.
I'm pretty sure there is. That's the reason we measure the degrees of flame feats to scale the resistance and potency of characters. Feats of flames don't cut it because you wouldn't know the exact degrees being produced by a flame.

Looking at the boss fight they seem pretty small.
Oh magic users have tens of meters of range with their spells because Blast and other projectile spells can travel such distances before exploding without hitting a surface. I probably should've increased the starting distance so Iris gets some more use out of her range advantage though.

I'm pretty sure there is. That's the reason we measure the degrees of flame feats to scale the resistance and potency of characters. Feats of flames don't cut it because you wouldn't know the exact degrees being produced by a flame.
Pretty sure a character would need statements or showings for the heat of their fire to scale to anything.

a character would need statements or showings for the heat of their fire to scale to anything.
If it means anything, Iris was melting Frostmil down so much so that the locals on the island claimed that they were under the effects of a curse, she would've only been there for I'd say a week since she doesn't have food and water from the looks of it.

Unless she levitates very high off the ground, Yuji should prob be able to reach her by jumping.
That's fine thinking. I believe Yuji's movements in her POV would easily be able to pick up the fact that he's trying to/about to close distance considering she's a ranged fighter indepth fighting foes who use physical force and will see through direct advances which is a weakness of her fighting style.
Also, I stated she levitates BEFORE he manages to close the distance or even jump, he wouldn't be able to catch her unless he moves faster than her own levitation abilities because you're basically saying Yuji catches her despite her already being in mid air and moving. Speed is equalized

Uh, no? Where did you even get that? There are fires IRL that are less than 100°C.
And While Willpower can persevere through any sort of harm... Yuji's feats surround damage from blunt objects which don't get me wrong are impressive (More like the liver feat) but it isn't comparable to getting burnt to ashes. Blunt damage stamina feats fight against characters who can do significant blunt damage while flame withstanding stamina feats fight against characters who harbor flames.... Yuji has no feats of his willpower being demonstrated against flames and it's kinda strange to use his feats of taking physical damage against flame feats.
Firstly, that's just wrong. He kept on fighting after having a hand and fingers cut off by the Finger Bearer and getting stabbed through the hands and abdomen by Mahito. Secondly, willpower is willpower. Why would flames affect him more than other types of attack?

Also, I stated she levitates BEFORE he manages to close the distance or even jump, he wouldn't be able to catch her unless he moves faster than her own levitation abilities because you're basically saying Yuji catches her despite her already being in mid air and moving. Speed is equalized
Does she even use levitation like that? Looking at her boss she doesn't really use it often.

Uh, no? Where did you even get that? There are fires IRL that are less than 100°C.
Upon numerous threads I've been to. The baseline of flames have been discussed and I've seen 3500 °C but as I said I'm not certain which is why I said "Pretty sure" 🤷

Firstly, that's just wrong. He kept on fighting after having a hand and fingers cut off by the Finger Bearer and getting stabbed through the hands and abdomen by Mahito.
Yes.... These are minor superhuman feats.... Getting engulfed and burnt to ash in flames would need a far higher caliber of stamina to pull through... What? Unless you're saying he survived physical torture from a 8-B character would have relative effect in his stamina... Which wouldn't make sense because a 8-B One-shots a 9-A, Mahito was simply inflicting pain on him by removing his body parts... Can be same said for curses or monsters in general who r above 9-B who torture regular humans and they pull through...

Secondly, willpower is willpower. Why would flames affect him more than other types of attack?
Are you kidding me?? This is the equivalent of saying a person who wills through their finger nails being ripped off can tank an electric chair..... The fact is certain methods of harm are far more potent than others. In Yuji's case, getting his finger nails chopped off and having the will to live is not comparable to being burnt alive. Period 🤷

Yes.... These are minor superhuman feats.... Getting engulfed and burnt to ash in flames would need a far higher caliber of stamina to pull through... What? Unless you're saying he survived physical torture from a 8-B character would have relative effect in his stamina... Which wouldn't make sense because a 8-B One-shots a 9-A, Mahito was simply inflicting pain on him by removing his body parts... Can be same said for curses or monsters in general who r above 9-B who torture regular humans and they pull through...

Are you kidding me?? This is the equivalent of saying a person who wills through their finger nails being ripped off can tank an electric chair..... The fact is certain methods of harm are far more potent than others. In Yuji's case, getting his finger nails chopped off and having the will to live is not comparable to being burnt alive. Period 🤷
Her flames are not hot enough to burn him to ashes. Show proof that she can burn normal human to ashes, otherwise he only gets third degree burns at best which he can definitely power through.
Yuji was 8-B when he first fought Mahito but that's besides the point. He survived being impaled, losing a lot of blood and potentially organ damage. Keep in mind that Iris is only Athletic Human in terms of stamina.
I want you all to take into consideration what Cricket has stated here. Aswell as the fact Yuji doesn't have resistance to fire.
Neither does the Player and they can take her attacks just fine.

I honestly have no idea how Yuji’s just powering through flames if he keeps getting hit. And if he tries getting close her fire stomp would also help keeping him away. He’s definitely the better fighter but I don’t see him surviving long enough or having the stamina to dominate in h2h. If anything Yuji was giving up and going to die from losing his hand, third degree burns all over his body or even just his hands is gonna limit him badly. Voting Iris.

otherwise he only gets third degree burns at best which he can definitely power through.
Dawg getting 3rd burns means he won’t even feel it cuz it’ll burn his nerve endings lmao, and this’ll be to large parts of his body meaning if he’s lucky in dodging quickly he’ll still be left with a weakened body that’s more susceptible to damage.

Back