• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hmm... a hard choice. I know more about the Weeping Angels than I do this SCP-173. So let's look at this from an outsider point of view.

First - The Weeping Angels

What do we really know about this species? First of all, they were feared by the Time Lords of Old, although the reason as to why is kind of unclear. What we do know is that they are very fast and very strong. They could rip through steel doors and could force magnetised wheels to turn. They are also capable for absorbing many types of energy, from radiation to electrical so as to give it an advantage in combat. They would often do this so as to turn out the lights and drain out the power in doors.

They could also displace people in the time stream and feed of the energy that remained. The science isn't exact and I might be mistaking some things, but I'm certain the thought is mostly correct.

Now they are also extremely fast when not Quantum Locked, but the exact speed isn't well known. At least Superhuman is what the profile says, but I feel like its far more faster than that, but until someone makes an update, Superhuman is what its going to be.

Their greatest weakness has to be their Quantum Locking. When observed by a living creature (at least self-aware) the Angel would turn into a harmless stone like creature. Now in most cases that would be a weakness, but in this battle, that is more of an advantage than most would think. I shall get to that soon.

They have another ability... should an image or a recording of an Angel be taken, said image will become an angel in of itself. There has been a recorded instance of this happening, where a Weeping Angel forced itself out of a screen that had its image on camera,

Also, their eyes are nother thing to be taken of note. Should someone stare into the eyes of an Angel, said angel can infect their visual centres and force its way into the victims minds, allowing it create illusions, such as making someone think that limbs are petrified or countdown the time remaining before it ripped its way out of the person.

That's all for the Weeping Angels, though there is proberbly some stuff that I left out.

Second - SCP-173

I will say this upfront, I don't know much about these creatures except for a few facts, so please forgive me if I mess something up.

First of all, much like their opponents for this battle, they can not act or even move if they are being watched. They also, and this is important folks, can not be harmed if someone is looking at them so thats something to keep an eye out for.

Their speed, much like the Weeping Angels, is far faster than the eye can see... though in this case that's kind of mute as they can't even move if they are being watched so that's always confused me (lol).

Their strength seems to be comparable to that of the Weeping Angel, though that Leviathan feat confuses me. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Verdict Time!!!

I vote for the Weeping Angel. Their ability to infect the minds of their victom means that even if they can not move, as long as the person has looked directly into their eyes, the Angel has already gained entry. Now it is but a battle of time... and the only way to slow it down is to close their own eyes.

Should SCP-173 do this, that means that while its slowed the effects of the Angel iside itself, their is still the matter of the one that is now free to move on the outside. And if it opens its eyes back up, the Angel on the outside is stopped, but the one on the inside is free to move on the inside.

And what's to not stop the Angel from getting up close and displacing the SCP-173 in time and feeding of what the remaining time energy.

So yeah.

Angel wins, mostly from higher Intelligence and Techniques.

Feel free to argue with me. I want to hear more and counter arguements.

Back