• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stats Equal “The Player” Tournament R1M5: Magic Battle (0-0-0)

Oh nice. For our fifth match, we have what appears to be a magic-based battle between a wizard from the Ravenwood Magic School and Grid!

Stats are equalized, except intelligence, results of incon will be decided by coin flip.

Who wins?

Wizard:

Grid:

Magic Draw:

I don't know anything about The wizard but he has Smurf hax like conceptual manipulation, law manipulation and death manipulation, if those can be used in battle I don't see how Grid even has a chance.

I’m not sure if I can even restrict the wizard’s concept manip else that ends up restricting EVERYTHING the wizard can do.

I don't know anything about The wizard but he has Smurf hax like conceptual manipulation, law manipulation and death manipulation, if those can be used in battle I don't see how Grid even has a chance.
Ok, so upon further review, I don’t believe any of these are as lethal as they sound. If I understand correctly, concept manip is just powering the wizard’s spells, which mostly consist of summoning a creature to do the real damage, or buffs and debuffs. Law manip appears to exist solely to prevent evasion (therefore the duel circle, plus idk if chaos magic is even available in arc 1). Death manip in particular doesn’t actually seem to cause immediate death regardless of anything else, being mostly used for hp drains and inhibiting an opponent’s healing capabilities (therefore I would like to question why the wizard even has death manip on the profile). Also iirc the wizard’s magic pool is finite but correct me if I’m wrong.

Ok, so upon further review, I don’t believe any of these are as lethal as they sound. If I understand correctly, concept manip is just powering the wizard’s spells, which mostly consist of summoning a creature to do the real damage, or buffs and debuffs.
If it doesn't have any big use then Geid has resistance to debuffs through status effect. But are the monsters he summons still equal stats?
Law manip appears to exist solely to prevent evasion (therefore the duel circle, plus idk if chaos magic is even available in arc 1).
Chaos was on arc 1 so I don't know
Death manip in particular doesn’t actually seem to cause immediate death regardless of anything else, being mostly used for hp drains and inhibiting an opponent’s healing capabilities (therefore I would like to question why the wizard even has death manip on the profile).
Ok, Grid can resist HP drain to some extent.
Also iirc the wizard’s magic pool is finite but correct me if I’m wrong.
Ok I guess then both have finite magic.

There is still probably manipulation, subjective reality and power null to all magic.

If it doesn't have any big use then Geid has resistance to debuffs through status effect. But are the monsters he summons still equal stats?
Yes
There is still probably manipulation, subjective reality and power null to all magic.
Probability manipulation is solely for increasing or decreasing the wizard’s or the opponent’s chance of a spell failing.
Subjective reality also appears to be a non issue as Myth Magic seems to operate the same way as the others, but the creatures summoned by Myth magic are considered more mythical…oddly.
Power null is so temporary it has to be reapplied for every time the opponent attempts a spell, and to my knowledge the wizard is either incapable or not in the habit of spamming.

Yes

Probability manipulation is solely for increasing or decreasing the wizard’s or the opponent’s chance of a spell failing.
Do you have any ideia of how much? Grid actually rather using swordsmanship which isn't really a spell so it doesn't seem that useful.
Subjective reality also appears to be a non issue as Myth Magic seems to operate the same way as the others, but the creatures summoned by Myth magic are considered more mythical…oddly.
That seems way to lore-ish for me.
Power null is so temporary it has to be reapplied for every time the opponent attempts a spell, and to my knowledge the wizard is either incapable or not in the habit of spamming.
So it doesn't seem that useful.

Grid's normal combat method uses swordsmanship and God Hands to attack, more specifically he would make his God hands use Mjolnir to cause "infinite paralysis" which I'm not sure if it would work here since the Wizard has resistance but the weapon is stated to hae "guaranteed". Grid is highly adaptive so if something is not working he woud definitely try something else like Magic or any of his items.

Do you have any ideia of how much? Grid actually rather using swordsmanship which isn't really a spell so it doesn't seem that useful.
I’ve seen percentage changes as high as the mid 40’s, but not often
That seems way too lore-ish for me.
Indeed. Therefore I don’t think it’s applicable in this sense.
Grid's normal combat method uses swordsmanship and God Hands to attack, more specifically he would make his God hands use Mjolnir to cause "infinite paralysis" which I'm not sure if it would work here since the Wizard has resistance but the weapon is stated to hae "guaranteed". Grid is highly adaptive so if something is not working he woud definitely try something else like Magic or any of his items.
Are any of Grid’s opponent known to have resistance to paralysis? Personally I think if something like that is labeled as guaranteed then it should bypass anything less than immunity but does someone else know more on stuff like that?

I’ve seen percentage changes as high as the mid 40’s, but not often
I haven't put it on his profile so it probably doesn't count but Grid unlocked a luck stat that could probably null that to some extent.
Indeed. Therefore I don’t think it’s applicable in this sense.

Are any of Grid’s opponent known to have resistance to paralysis? Personally I think if something like that is labeled as guaranteed then it should bypass anything less than immunity but does someone else know more on stuff like that?
The thing is this is not the only time we saw things like this usually it is either luck based on getting values over the guaranteed or they have that guaranteed shot but can be higher depending on the opponents power. So I'm not sure how it would work.

The thing is this is not the only time we saw things like this usually it is either luck based on getting values over the guaranteed or they have that guaranteed shot but can be higher depending on the opponents power. So I'm not sure how it would work.
It should be alright. Wizard101 paralysis is about as good as their power null iirc.

It should be alright. Wizard101 paralysis is about as good as their power null iirc.
Assuming that paralysis wouldn't work Grid's most normal tactics would be overpowering and outlasting his opponent.
  • He has his gaunlets that multiply damage, he has his god hands and his pets that can attack with multiple weapons, Noe (his pet) can absorb stats to make Grid stronger while weakening the opponent, there is also actual magic and spells which he doesn't use much but thanks to his "assimilation" he becomes a really powerful magician.
  • His armours have percentage level of damage reduction he has multiple skills that allow Grid to heal himself if his HP drops and the most powerful one would be his invincible state which lasts 5 seconds but during that time he cannot take any damage regardless of source or power.

Back