• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man vs the thing

main-qimg-aa0622491ac0dec10e219665300e31a5-lq
main-qimg-60b976bcef22263c501e352bf3e3ebce-lq
So I believe that Spider-Man is as strong as the thing and maybe even slightly stronger based on how he has better lifting feats and comparable general strength feats. Yes the thing does have more striking feats but Spider-Man also has some comparable striking feats you might say those feats are pis when they aren’t but that is your choice. I just want to my a thread about it and I have a thread I made here on it https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...not-a-fodder-to-the-thing-strength-w-2297898/

(ps I do want to add Luke cage or a non amped she hulk isn’t stronger than Spider-Man and the thing. Spider-Man has better lifting feats and general strength feats as does the thing)

1. This should be under Content Revision, not Versus Thread
  2. Superior Lifting Strength feats doesn't necessarily equate to superior Attack Potency/Striking Strength
  3. Thing currently scales above 2.325e+9 kg, which is far beyond Spider-Man's Lifting Strength feats
  4. See here for the Rules regarding Marvel powerscaling. You need to prove that Spider-Man scaling to Planet level characters is consistent and reliable enough to not be outliers/Plot-Induced Stupidity

Last edited:
  1. This should be under Content Revision, not Versus Thread
  2. Superior Lifting Strength feats doesn't necessarily equate to superior Attack Potency/Striking Strength
  3. Thing currently scales above 2.325e+9 kg, which is far beyond Spider-Man's Lifting Strength feats
  4. See here for the Rules regarding Marvel powerscaling. You need to prove that Spider-Man scaling to Planet level characters is consistent and reliable enough to not be outliers/Plot-Induced Stupidity
Ok wait how is the thing equates to that level I haven’t seen any of his lifting feats he that high but I will move the thread my apologies

Ok wait how is the thing equates to that level I haven’t seen any of his lifting feats he that high
I dunno if any of his Lifting Strength feats are that high (apart from maybe resisting a hydraulo-press that can push through a planet), but because he has powerscaling to Doctor Doom, who crushed a big diamond with one hand, Thing is that strong

In terms of Attack Potency, he scales to Savage Hulk, who is stronger than Grey Hulk, who casually destroyed an asteroid twice the size of Earth

I dunno if any of his Lifting Strength feats are that high (apart from maybe resisting a hydraulo-press that can push through a planet), but because he has powerscaling to Doctor Doom, who crushed a big diamond with one hand, Thing is that strong

In terms of Attack Potency, he scales to Savage Hulk, who is stronger than Grey Hulk, who casually destroyed an asteroid twice the size of Earth
Hmm do you have a discord I would like to have a discussion you on this and prove to you how Spider-Man is even then still as strong or stronger her than the thing

Back