• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spelling Mistake.

Warren_Valion

VS Battles
Retired
Originally this thread was created because I was confused, and I thought that Link (Ocarina of Time) had Soul Manipulation, but what I didn't realize is that it was, in fact, a Resistance to Soul Manipulation, and not Soul Manipulation.

So that questioned was answered, but then I realized that Lost Woods is misspelled on Link's page (I bolded it), and instead of making a new thread, I decided to change this one.

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Holds a third of the Triforce (The Triforce of Courage grants protection against evil magic), Master Swordsman and Shield Wielder, Expert Marksma,Elemental Manipulation (Of the Fire, Ice and Light variety via elemental arrows and Din's Fire), Teleportation(Via Ocarina Songs and Farore's Wind), Barrier Creation (Via Naryu's Love), Can see invisible beings/penetrateillusions with the Lens of Truth, Can redirect sunlight, and absorb and redirect elemental magic via the mirror shield, Can manipulate the weather (Via Song of Storms), Resistance to Transmutation (Can spend a long time deep in the Lost Wods without becoming a Skull Kid or Stalfos and isn't a Kokiri) and Soul Manipulation

What applications/characteristics are you looking for specifically in soul manipulation? There are a select few that Link can definitely pull off, such as possession, via "The Command Melody" from The Wind Waker or curse nullification, via, "The Song of Healing" from Majora's Mask.

Oni Link 303 said:
What applications/characteristics are you looking for specifically in soul manipulation? There are a select few that Link can definitely pull off, such as possession, via "The Command Melody" from The Wind Waker or curse nullification, via, "The Song of Healing" from Majora's Mask.
The Link I was questioning is the one that is in the topics of this thread.

Ocarina of Time Link's Powers and Abilities:

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Holds a third of the Triforce (The Triforce of Courage grants protection against evil magic), Master Swordsman and Shield Wielder, Expert Marksma,Elemental Manipulation (Of the Fire, Ice and Light variety via elemental arrows and Din's Fire), Teleportation(Via Ocarina Songs and Farore's Wind), Barrier Creation (Via Naryu's Love), Can see invisible beings/penetrateillusions with the Lens of Truth, Can redirect sunlight, and absorb and redirect elemental magic via the mirror shield, Can manipulate the weather (Via Song of Storms), Resistance to Transmutation (Can spend a long time deep in the Lost Wods without becoming a Skull Kid or Stalfos and isn't a Kokiri) and Soul Manipulation

All of the other abilites are explained, but Soul Manipulation isn't, and I don't remember any from Ocarina of Time.

I see where you're confused, he doesn't have soul manipulation but rather resistance to it due to having the Triforce of Courage. It says "Resistance to Transmutation and Soul Manipulation" but only the transmutation part had its reasoning explained.

Dust Collector said:
I see where you're confused, he doesn't have soul manipulation but rather resistance to it due to having the Triforce of Courage. It says "Resistance to Transmutation and Soul Manipulation" but only the transmutation part had its reasoning explained.
Ohhh.

So the explanation explains both the Resistance to Transmutation, and a Resistance to Soul Manipulation.

Okay got it, thanks.

Wait.

I just realized that Lost Woods is spelled incorrectly.

Ahh Ocarina of Time Link, well if that's the case nothing explicitly comes to mind. The Sun's Song's effect on Redeads is considerable though, since one of its purposes is designed to ease "restless souls" according to in-game text.

Back