• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul Stuff for Chrono (Universe)

Characters from the Chrono Universe should have the capability to affect Souls and hit intangible beings as well with Magic or Elements.

There are multiple occasions of this happening. The most basic would be the enemy Soul and many others similar to it, against whom any attack that doesn't have a magical property added to it is guaranteed to miss no matter what.

Now for two examples more in league with the history, there's the case of Cyrus's Ghost and his dungeon in a sidequest where you find mostly Ghost enemies (Such as the Ghost Knights, Reapers, Defuncts, and finally Cyrus spirit who will also be hit only by magic - though due to plot armor, you can't damage Cyrus either way as you're supposed to talk with his soul in the past so he can pass on).

Finally there's FATE in Chrono Cross, who can simulate Souls and also manipulates a bunch of disembodied souls in Chronopolis to keep working there forever (the shadows in the screens below). When FATE goes down, said souls also disappear from Chronopolis.

Soul0
Soul0-0

Soul1
Soul2

Soul3
Soul4

Soul5
And then there's the most obvious case where Linx/FATE used the Frozen Flame to put Kid's Soul to Sleep (but this one doesn't work for anyone save Lavos and Serge as opposed to the ones above so yeah).
Suggestion: Everyone who uses Magic or Elements gets the ability to hit Souls and Intangible targets as well as resistance to Soul Attacks since they're always throwing magic on one another. Ayla is the only one out of them who gets the short stick, since she lacks any form of magic or elemental attack whatsoever.

Soul7

It's so sad that even Robo has Shadow type elemental attacks.

Just Ayla. Oh, the irony because she's so useful in the game.

But I'm more magically inclined. When I played CT, I didn't use Ayla for anything other than stealing stuff with Charm and the occasions where her being in the party was obligatory. Despite her ridiculous damage and physical stats, I never felt like I absolutely needed to ditch my choice team (Crono, Marle/Frog, Lucca/Magus) just because.

Ayla and Frog had a stupidly useful combo tech. First time beating Lavos was a team of Crono/Ayla/Frog. Now I use Marle because even her weakest healing spell heals anyone to full now (and I'm at 999), and I gave her the golden stud.

I also think that this seems fine.

Yeah, seems fine

"Look, this is the last CRT for Chrono I'll ever do, so I just want it to be over quickly and Multi-Universal might need more explanations which I'm kinda lazy to make." Fate, a month ago.
Eyes Emoji

I say "It's the last" so people won't bother me asking if there's more possible upgrades. Looks at Cal. I also do that in the hopes that Lavos stops being spam.

Even I could use a little less Lavos in my life... Magus, Zeal, Crono, Marle, Harle, Serge, Frog, Robo, and Ayla need more love.

But what about Lucca?

Back