• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Goku’s AP: Higher than .011 tons

Goku’s Speed: Much Higher than Mach .3 with higher than Mach 1.6 reactions and combat speed

Gon’s AP: .005 tons

Gon’s Speed: Mach 2.7

Goku was able to counter master roshi beam with his own while this was not Roshi at full power that feat still is insane along with years of training in hand to hand combat under his grandpa I'd give it to Goku versatility plus energy blast along with a lot of different martial arts techniques to use give him the edge

are their weapons also being counted for this fight cause Goku weapon is way better than Gon with it being able to extend all the way to the moon

Last edited:
Goku was able to counter master roshi beam with his own while this was not Roshi at full power that feat still is insane along with years of training in hand to hand combat under his grandpa I'd give it to Goku versatility plus energy blast along with a lot of different martial arts techniques to use give him the edge

are their weapons also being counted for this fight cause Goku weapon is way better than Gon with it being able to extend all the way to the moon
Yes, both Goku and Gon have their Power Pole and Fishing Rod respectively.

Remember that speed is unequalized for this match. Gon has the speed advantage, and Goku’s speed is only for reactions and combat speed, meaning his regular movement speed is only superhuman. Goku’s combat speed is also inferior as well.

Yes, both Goku and Gon have their Power Pole and Fishing Rod respectively.

Remember that speed is unequalized for this match. Gon has the speed advantage, and Goku’s speed is only for reactions and combat speed, meaning his regular movement speed is only superhuman. Goku’s combat speed is also inferior as well.
I see but would Gon be able to dodge the power pole
0017-014.png

It was able to reach the moon pretty fast it was still day by the time Goku got back to earth

Even if Gon faster than Goku sense Goku has his weapon that could make up the different along with energy beam and being a more skilled fighter now that I think about Roshi blast was able to reach the moon a few secs I don't think Gon could dodge Goku energy blast

Last edited:
I see but would Gon be able to dodge the power pole
0017-014.png

It was able to reach the moon pretty fast it was still day by the time Goku got back to earth

Even if Gon faster than Goku sense Goku has his weapon that could make up the different along with energy beam and being a more skilled fighter now that I think about Roshi blast was able to reach the moon a few secs I don't think Gon could dodge Goku energy blast
I hadn’t considered this. Perhaps that could be a viable wincon for Goku, using the Power Pole’s speed to surprise Gon. I’m not sure Goku’s Kamehameha would be as fast as Roshi’s, though, because his moon busting feat was done at his maximum power.

I'll give my vote to Goku the power pole speed is crazy high being able to go to the moon and back before night time along with Goku energy blast and while Gon my have the speed edge on Goku Goku years of training under grandpa Gohan will allow him to deal with it since Goku skills should be higher because Gon at this point in the story has only been training for a few months and only had a few fights

Also one other thing I pointed out in Gon vs Bakugo is that heaven arc Gon wont be able to fight for long using Ren we saw early greed island Gon could only hold Ren for around 2 mins before he gave out during training

Once Gon aura start to go low it's over for him Goku during the first chapter was able to not take any real damage from gun fire this is before he started training with Roshi

0001-017.png

While Kurapika said he would not be able to fully block a 9mm bullet even if he used Gyo

0370-018.png

I think Goku could just outlast Gon in a long fight or use the power pole speed to keep him at range there no way Gon can react to the power pole speed if it can reach the moon and back without much time passing

I think Gon here is just very limited in techniques he can use since he only has the 4 basics and Gyo and does not know how to use Ryu in combat so Gyo not going to help him much here

Goku being a more skilled fighter with a better weapon that has crazy speed and range and a energy blast for his trump card I think all these things will allow him to win more often than not

Last edited:
To clarify, Goku only really uses the power pole against groups of enemies or opponents who are far away. He normally just uses punches and flying kicks.
He cannot spam ki blasts as he does in Z, and only uses the Kamehameha as a last resort.
I'm not sure how skilled Gon is but Goku in this key was able to fight Master Roshi to a near stalemate, with the latter even worrying whether or not he'll be able to contend with Goku's power.

So for now, I'll vote for the alien monkey kid

I guess I'll tentatively vote Goku, even though I feel I should analyze it a bit more. But I do kinda know Gon & Goku both decently well, so meh.

I’ll also vote for Goku due to his greater experience and variety of techniques. Just one more vote until grace begins.

Back