• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Snake vs Plane: Because meme

Because 'Petrification' isnt a status in-game. It literally turns the people its used on into stone statues

Well I know nothing about both verses, so...

It seems Cassi's Petrification is magical in nature, but I don't know about magic in Undertale

After a brief delay, Cassiopeia blasts enemies in a cone in the target direction, dealing magic damage to all enemies hit. Enemies facing Cassiopeia are stunned for 2 seconds upon being hit by Petrifying Gaze

Rocker1189 said:
well yeah that his her ingame ability description but in the Powers and Abilities: place it says Can turn enemies to stone. There is no temporary there.

and? the powers and abilities they simply describe the basic abilities, they do not vome before the powers description, much like it says mind manipulation for both monika and chuthulu despite one being fundamentaly different from the other.

much like how time manipulation and reality warping can changge A LOT from person to perso

Searing emerald light blazed from Cassiopeia's eyes. The man's final panic was outlined in silhouette as he petrified from the inside out. His stare hardened, greyed, and stiffened, his last cry of terror stifled as her curse transformed his flesh to stone.

Cassiopeia slithered up to the statue and softly caressed its hard cheek. What was once skin fractured into a grisly pattern resembling a dried riverbed.

"Once, I had to manipulate, bribe, or otherwise... persuade people to orchestrate my schemes" she said. "But now... now I simply take what I want."

She whipped her tail forward, smashing the statue to the ground. She smiled, eyes glinting, as it shattered into a thousand pieces of dust and rubble.

Because if you petrified the opponent for the entire length of the match after hitting them with it once it would break the game

Lore >>>> Gameplay.

The Gameplay just uses the lore as a base to their kit, not the other way around. In lore, there's no thing like "cooldown" and etc.

WeeklyBattles said:
Because if you petrified the opponent for the entire length of the match after hitting them with it once it would break the game
im not questioning the gameplay, im questioning it being put into her page whitout mentioning thatits not an actual weakness

SchroKatze said:
Lore >>>> Gameplay.
The Gameplay just uses the lore as a base to their kit, not the other way around. In lore, there's no thing like "cooldown" and etc.
im not questioning that as i said above

That's in her weakness.

"Her spells have long cooldowns for gameplay balancing purposes"

Thats doesn't apply only to cooldowns

SchroKatze said:
That's in her weakness.
"Her spells have long cooldowns for gameplay balancing purposes"

Thats doesn't apply only to cooldowns
yes, but of its a gameplay mechanic than its not a combat aplicable weakness

Let me make this clear: Ricsi wanted to put Weekly'd description of petrification into Cassi's page, putting a note that the 2 seconds rule is gameplay mechanics that shouldn't be used for debate. There.

@Byakushiki Thing is, that applies to EVERY LoL profile, not just Cass'. Cooldowns, mana costs, time limits, in almost every case it is nothing but in-game balancing

Back