• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shadow of the Colossus: Downgrade Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wander (Shadow of The Colossus) | VS Battles Wiki | Fandom
Speed: "Subsonic to Massively Hypersonic (Can dodge lightning on his horse)"

I can find no instance of this in game. At best the only comparable thing is this:

Reacting or avoiding this electricity. This doesnt really qualify for lighting standards. At best you could argue this as ball lightning, which is documented to move at a measly 1 to 3 m/s
Source:
Ball lightning - Wikipedia
Periodically I hear stories about ball lightning. Does this phenomenon really exist? Could a ball of plasma remain stable for several seconds, as some researchers have claimed? - Scientific American

I'm assuming subsonic is from reacting to Avion, who is currently listed as Subsonic. (From this calc). This should only be for reaction speed, not his travel speed.

Wander scales to the other Colossi, who are listed as "superhuman" for speed. I'm fine with him being listed as this for movement, unless there are issues with this I am not aware of.

Tdlr, speed should be:

Speed: Superhuman movement (Can keep pace with colossi, such as Pelagia), with Subsonic reactions (Can react to Avion) | Superhuman (Should be as fast as the Colossi)

Edit:
Avion's calc is inflated. In game avion actually goes about 15 m/s:
Shadow of the Colossus PS4 5th Colossus Gameplay Walkthrough - Celosia (Performance Mode 60fps) - YouTube

Using the mass given in Avion's accepted calc, that is about 0.0437 tons of tnt for KE, which scales to wander's durability.

Small Building

This basically downgrades every colossus until we get new calcs for them.
Ico (Verse) | VS Battles Wiki | Fandom

So we have a few options.
We can go for athletic/peak human speed for Wander, Superhuman reactions for reacting to Avion. Every character gets shifted down to small building for ap and durability for the time being.

Or we can wait till calcs get done. A few options were suggested here:

Last edited:
I agree with the downgrade, idk about Superhuman, though. You can clearly see him move at more or less human speed compared to most the Colossi, which aren't very fast, with the exceptions of those that are, and that you can't keep up with.

Superhuman weirdly enough is on their profiles. You could make an arguments he should be slower than his horse, so there is that.
Do you have a recommendation

I think athletic/peak human works fine, former is safe but I don't think the latter is too exaggerated.

And yeah I totally agree with that thread.

Should i add all the colossi to this thread?
Its come to my attention the subsonic calc is inflated, as avion moves about 15 m/s in game

Thank you for the evaluation.

Let's wait a bit to see if we get more input before anything is applied though.

Thank you. This can probably be applied then.

This seems fine on the surface, but I'm a bit confused why this was on the profile in the first place if there was never anything akin to it in the entire game. Are we sure that there isn't a feat somewhere that has been forgotten about?

This seems fine on the surface, but I'm a bit confused why this was on the profile in the first place if there was never anything akin to it in the entire game. Are we sure that there isn't a feat somewhere that has been forgotten about?
(1) 8-C Wander? | VS Battles Wiki Forum
Kep mentioned there 2 other electric attacks, but neither should be used per his word

I just watched both, they are just exploding balls of magical energy

Last edited:
Gotcha. If that's what the rating was based on, then it should be fine to remove it.

Thank you for helping out. This seems to have been settled then.

You can handle it as long as you know how to edit properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back