• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP-343 & Tier 3

Look, I'm not going back and forth with you. The word Universe, by definition, is enough for Low 2-C, unless there is proof otherwise. It takes more context for it to be 3-A than just flat-out Low 2-C. If you really doubt it, you can ask any staff member.

3-A not really. Should be Low 2-C as creating the universe most of the time means doing that from nothing, not even space-time.

Though if we want to be nitpicky, maybe a "Unknown, possibly 3-A to Low 2-C" should do the trick.
This looks like a sound compromise.

I agree with the above. Though you guys should probably make use of the at most rating for low 2-C. Something like: possibly 3-A, at most low 2-C. Literally the perfect occasion to use it.

Lame technicalities. As long as the intended meaning doesn’t change idc how it’s written in the page I guess.

Yeah I don't like this. This statement is way too vague, off-handed and dubious to actually put on the profile.

3-A assumes that 343 is telling the truth and has created the universe in a timely manner (meaning not over time). And Low 2-C assumes he has created time as well, which we have absolutely no evidence for. And this is for a character whose best feat is 9-A, and who has preferred to use subversion and tricks to get his way (e.g. deleting the orders of a Researcher trying to look into him) rather than using actual brute power.

Like I hope I shouldn't have to tell you guys that someone's proof for creating the universe being "summoning a hamburger" isn't a great look at all.

And while yes general EU stuff isn't usually taken into account when it comes to AC, in this case it shows that most people, especially on-site, interpret 343's claims as, at the very least, dishonest. And this is already something that's heavily implied in the article itself. So I'd rather not go against the implications of the original article and the general interpretation of 343 on the site just because people would rather take 343's statements literally.

And no, you don't need a calc for reality warping, usually, as it's not directly quantifiable. 9-A is fine.

Yeah I don't like this. This statement is way too vague, off-handed and dubious to actually put on the profile.

3-A assumes that 343 is telling the truth and has created the universe in a timely manner (meaning not over time). And Low 2-C assumes he has created time as well, which we have absolutely no evidence for. And this is for a character whose best feat is 9-A, and who has preferred to use subversion and tricks to get his way (e.g. deleting the orders of a Researcher trying to look into him) rather than using actual brute power.

Like I hope I shouldn't have to tell you guys that someone's proof for creating the universe being "summoning a hamburger" isn't a great look at all.

And while yes general EU stuff isn't usually taken into account when it comes to AC, in this case it shows that most people, especially on-site, interpret 343's claims as, at the very least, dishonest. And this is already something that's heavily implied in the article itself. So I'd rather not go against the implications of the original article and the general interpretation of 343 on the site just because people would rather take 343's statements literally.

And no, you don't need a calc for reality warping, usually, as it's not directly quantifiable. 9-A is fine.
You can’t use stuff outside of the article to disprove stuff inside of the article canon.

that’s the entire point of article only canon

The point of Article Canon is also, at least partially, to serve as a "base" for other canons to use. Especially with those early Series 1 profiles, where the original file is extremely empty. And I don't think we should be using such an extreme interpretation for 343's basic profile.

Regardless, the rest of my point stand. We shouldn't use a single statement from a character known to be dishonest for the tiering of the page, when this character otherwise lacks any feat remotely similar in power. A lying 9-A saying "I'm the creator of the universe!" shouldn't be grounds for 3-A. Let alone Low 2-C.

Back