• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans vs SCP-682

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Alice Liddel in WikiLand said:
"Sans' strongest attack" is spam bones and gasterblasters like a lunatic.
Not actually his strongest attack. He just says that. The attack he uses before his special attack is objectively far more powerful, as are a lot of attacks he starts doing during phase 2.
Which is still spam bones and Gasterblasters like a lunatic.

To be honest. Would SCP-682 survive an attack that killed countless times a multiversal threat like Chara? and i'm not refering about adaptation. I mean durability. Far as i know adaptation and regen only matter when your oppent can't kill you instantly.

I'm for inconclusive if 682 can somehow instantly adapt to completely resist sans' attacks (something that SCP stories imply takes some amount of time but IDK) including his actual damage and KR itself.

Speaking of which, there are quite a few matches involving 682 that are inconclusive. Should I add those as well?

I think it's been established that SCP-682 doesn't have a soul.

He managed to be "killed" by being transformed into a grey and black liquid, but then to suddenly rise and attack the Class D's sent to verify the creatures termination, SCP-682 can develop temporary abilities like being able to emit a high pitched scream which can turn humans in a 15 meter radius to a "relaxed" state, can suddenly adapt to things.

The test with SCP-123 would not be continued if SCP-682 couldn't be totally incapacitated, have a potential to escape or sudden adaption.

Transmuted his skin cells to reflect a laser so it means he has biological manipulation and could reflect the lasers of gaster blasters, survived a reality warping book due to the fact it had the word "can" which means he can exploit weaknesses of any level, Can adapt itself to be organic or inorganic at will, further implying he isn't "living".

I think that once Sans manages to enrage SCP-682, or that 682 finds the fact that Sans is too fast for him to tag, he would adapt to find a way to kill or at least subdue Sans, as if he can't kill or destroy the thing attacking him, he always finds a way to subdue the said thing.

Note: He can also travel through pocket dimensions/Universes back to the original Universe if he gets BFR'ed. His way of inter-dimensional/universal travel is [REDACTED]

XXRiosrockXx said:
I think it's been established that SCP-682 doesn't have a soul.
He managed to be "killed" by being transformed into a grey and black liquid, but then to suddenly rise and attack the Class D's sent to verify the creatures termination, SCP-682 can develop temporary abilities like being able to emit a high pitched scream which can turn humans in a 15 meter radius to a "relaxed" state, can suddenly adapt to things.

The test with SCP-123 would not be continued if SCP-682 couldn't be totally incapacitated, have a potential to escape or sudden adaption.

Transmuted his skin cells to reflect a laser so it means he has biological manipulation and could reflect the lasers of gaster blasters, survived a reality warping book due to the fact it had the word "can" which means he can exploit weaknesses of any level, Can adapt itself to be organic or inorganic at will, further implying he isn't "living".

I think that once Sans manages to enrage SCP-682, or that 682 finds the fact that Sans is too fast for him to tag, he would adapt to find a way to kill or at least subdue Sans, as if he can't kill or destroy the thing attacking him, he always finds a way to subdue the said thing.

Note: He can also travel through pocket dimensions/Universes back to the original Universe if he gets BFR'ed. His way of inter-dimensional/universal travel is [REDACTED]
Where was that established?

I think they tried to use somthing that can damage/eat/kill a soul on it and it didnt work. Also SCP-682 can amp his speed to an unknown level, as he managed to amp his speed to hypersonic level to match SCP-096, which is a hypersonic being.

Also SCP-682 survived existence wiping, how can Sans top that? And if Sans manages to kill SCP-682, 682's death would cause the end of the universe it's in!

All of San's attacks, like every other character in Undertale, are based on damaging the soul of the target. Since 682 literally lacks a soul, it is unlikely any of San's attacks would do anything to 682. Even if they did, 682's regerative ability would render the 1 damage per fame hits from Sans to near uselessness. 682 would have no problem wiping out Sans, if Sans chose to engage 682 at all.

In addition, Karmatic Retribution isn't actually that strong of a power. Against Chara, a being who had literally genocided an entire race, it could only do 1 damage a frame.

OFFthebattlescene said:
In addition, Karmatic Retribution isn't actually that strong of a power. Against Chara, a being who had literally genocided an entire race, it could only do 1 damage a frame.
Chara is leagues above 682. You can't really compare them. Not to mention 1 damage a frame still equates to killing Chara in the span of several seconds should they not break contact.

As for Sans not being able to damage things without a SOUL, Flowey mentions Sans killed him quite a few times, and one of the defining traits of Flowey's character is that he has no SOUL.

Let us remind people that Sans can,and only would have,only beated Frisk/Chara because of the KARMA RETRIBUTION,otherwise,it would just be a 1 health loss per hit.

To this point,682 can be concluded that he doesn't have a soul,mostly because he wasn't created by 343,which is the literal god who created all.All but 682

Sans style is thosent cuts And 682 could regenerate from being dead The seven humans bodies were still allright after their soul being taken by asgore so i say that 682 bidy will be alright as well

the SOUL that KR effects is the undertale kind of soul, which is the culmination of what someone or something is, even if 682 does not conventionally have a "soul" of which I don't believe being created by 343 is a prerequisete for. KR would still effect them.

we have no idea what the state of the human bodies were after death, we never see them. additionally, the harm caused by KR couldn't even be regenerated via determination right after its infliction. this basically entails that 682's Regenerationn will be stunted as the damage keeps pilling on

And Asriel clearly stated that he could get charas body outside meaning that it were together So why doesent flowey have a soul By logic every sapient being should have it and scp 682 is muchess alive then flowey

Sans is indeed strong with the KR. 682 however has shitload durability (see its termination log).

I call this a tie, Sans can't (permantly) kill 682, and 682 probably has no means to damage Sans.

Unless you want to call in 682's adaption abilities, in which it could possibly kill Sans. But Sans is also smart enough to figure out 682 has the ability to adapt, and would take appropriate countermeasures. So even then, I guess this is a tie.

it doesnt matter how durible the scp is, sans attacks the soul directly which negates it. Also, i would think its hard to "adapt" to having your soul ripped apart. It would likely take a few seconds at most for sans to take it down.

DerpCity said:
The page states 682 doesn't have a soul, so that point is moot, pretty sure.
oh, well thats strange. I still put my vote on sans though because he was able to kill flowey (who also has no soul) hundreds of times despite flowey learning sans' attacks every time. This is the same flowey who took a determined human (i'l be it not as determined as later in the game, still enough to survive a 100ish foot drop with no visible damage) to the brink of death in one hit.

Not only is this thread very old but the results were added as inconclusive quite some time ago, I'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back