• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is weird matchup, because this Ryu had 8-B levels of power for a very limited time and could only fire a single (but powerful) Hadoken.

This would basically be "Around Baseline" (>=11 tons) 8-B Liu Kang vs "One Attack-Only" Ryu with more than 48 tons of AP (As he oneshot Seth, who scales to such value).

Honestly, Ryu might even be around 4 to 5 times stronger than him, but he can only fire a single attack and then he loses that power. If Liu manages to avoid it, or decently withstand the hit, then he oneshots 9-A Ryu (unless Liu is reduced so badly to not be able to defeat a 9-A character).

Since speed is equal, and they don't start at point-blank range, this is either a low-diff victory for Liu or a stomp/mismatch.

This is weird matchup, because this Ryu had 8-B levels of power for a very limited time and could only fire a single (but powerful) Hadoken.

This would basically be "Around Baseline" (>=11 tons) 8-B Liu Kang vs "One Attack-Only" Ryu with more than 48 tons of AP (As he oneshot Seth, who scales to such value).

Honestly, Ryu might even be around 4 to 5 times stronger than him, but he can only fire a single attack and then he loses that power. If Liu manages to avoid it, or decently withstand the hit, then he oneshots 9-A Ryu (unless Liu is reduced so badly to not be able to defeat a 9-A character).

Since speed is equal, and they don't start at point-blank range, this is either a low-diff victory for Liu or a stomp/mismatch.
So either Ryu one-shots or Liu evades and one-shots.

Yes, though we don't know if Ryu can actually oneshot him.

Our wiki rules dictate that a 7.5 difference in AP is required for a oneshot, which isn't supported by anything here. Ryu could incapacitate (not even incinerate or pulverize) a 48 tons character, when Liu is around 11 tons.
If hit, Liu might be badly injured but we don't know for sure, and nothing says he wouldn't be able to stand on his feet with enough strength to oneshot Ryu.

But still, this Liu spams teleportation (love you, Raiden), can fly and has all his standard acrobatics and fighting ability. With speed equal and standard starting distance, I don't think Ryu is going to hit him clearly.

I know this might seem early, but I think I am going to vote Inconclusive FRA, this could honestly go several different ways.

It's either Ryu lands a good blow on Liu and badly injures him, or Liu spams teleportation to get several good hits on Ryu, allowing no chances to hit Liu at all.

Shouldn't this be a stomp? The starting distance between them gives Liu the advantage because he inherits Raiden's interrealm senses. Liu is going to be seeing his projectiles from a very long distance and have ample time to react accordingly. Even if they managed to meet within Ryu's effective range, Liu has Raiden's brand of teleportation where he can delay the moment he appears so that he doesn't get hit. Ryu doesn't have full control over his projectiles once he has fired them, so they have a good chance of missing without the ability to change their trajectory. He inherited the knowledge of the two people that merged with him, so he should have vastly higher skill.

That is was I voted Liu, tho I don't see it impossible for Ryu to win in some occasions, despite the very little chances he has.

Still, I agree this is a borderline stomp, but it ultimately depends on what most people think.

Cuz a similar match up for Ryu vs Scorpion using the 9-A keys ended in a stomp for Scorpion.
Actually, 9-A Liu Kang is his revenant self, which is rather different from the normal one.

Also the comparison isn't that good either, tbf, as they are different charactera.
I believe it would be more fair, if standard Liu wasn't High 8-C.

Actually, 9-A Liu Kang is his revenant self, which is rather different from the normal one.

Also the comparison isn't that good either, tbf, as they are different charactera.
I believe it would be more fair, if standard Liu wasn't High 8-C.
Agreed.

you can always cast your vote Rana, while you can't manipulate people votes, and adding fake votes no rules can deny your vote on your thread

Impress words

you can always cast your vote Rana, while you can't manipulate people votes, and adding fake votes no rules can deny your vote on your thread

Impress words
Nah, this was on me. Cuz the user Gohan, said Incon FRA, so I assumed that Saman voted Incon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back