• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rules on fanfiction characters with valid feats

What's the ruling on making verse pages/character profiles for fanfiction versions of specific characters? Is it a case by case situation? If so can anyone tell me what is and isn't allowed.

What the above said.

It should be noted that you are only allowed to create your own Fanfiction and Original Characters on the FC/OC Wiki. You can't make the profiles of things other people wrote since that's plagiarism and it's ripe for misinterpretation.

Sorry to bump this, but...

Reppuzan said:
It should be noted that you are only allowed to create your own Fanfiction and Original Characters on the FC/OC Wiki. You can't make the profiles of things other people wrote since that's plagiarism and it's ripe for misinterpretation.
I'm not actually sure if this is true. I've seen a few profiles for fanfics the authors didn't create, like here, and here. So I guess it is allowed if you make it professional looking at least.

@Dark

I think Rep meant you can only create fanfic/original characters on FC/OC and said "your own" as an assumption of the OP's question.

I mean...people on my wikia are technically alright to make other peoples OC's so long as they credit them on who actually owns them (whether via on the title of the page or somewhere on it as a note of sorts and so on).

Thanks Cross, I've been meaning to ask that for awhile anyhoo. Thanks for the clarification.

People just don't seem to take my "intellect" and/or "opinions" on such matters like this, especially when this is a place related to me as it's owner so...

@Rep: It's fine. I may have a rule or note on this on my front wikia page but i could be wrong since i don't really look at it as much as i use to...

But anyways yes, that's about of my answer here...

Back