• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removal Of One Of Spider-Man's Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excellence616

He/Him
I was going through Peter Parker's profile and i discovered that he still has 4-B in his tier. His 4-B tier should be completely removed without replacing it with 3-C.

Well, Captain Universe Spider-Man lasted for long enough to warrant a statistics key, but we obviously need to be able to scale him properly.

He did easily defeat Graviton, the Grey Hulk, and Goliath, and I think that he overpowered Quasar and Terminus as well, though.
Most of those would be Tier 5 feats, Quasar and Terminus had their profiles nuked from what I heard and I think the 4-B justification scan/feat was lost in the process.

That's actually a 4-A feat, and it was done by Galactus who is 2-C at his weakest. Which I'm pretty sure using low end feats of characters much higher than the specific to downscale characters much weaker is commonly referred to as hiding an outlier. Downscaling from Galactus would just make the cast 2-C unless we can prove that Galactus was holding back exponentially as opposed to him simply causing less destruction via writer portrayal.

That's actually a 4-A feat
I think the low-end 4-B calc of Nova tanking the boom was accepted
Which I'm pretty sure using low end feats of characters much higher than the specific to downscale characters much weaker is commonly referred to as hiding an outlier. Downscaling from Galactus would just make the cast 2-C unless we can prove that Galactus was holding back exponentially as opposed to him simply causing less destruction via writer portrayal.
Okay then. I guess the feat should be removed?

That's actually a 4-A feat, and it was done by Galactus who is 2-C at his weakest. Which I'm pretty sure using low end feats of characters much higher than the specific to downscale characters much weaker is commonly referred to as hiding an outlier. Downscaling from Galactus would just make the cast 2-C unless we can prove that Galactus was holding back exponentially as opposed to him simply causing less destruction via writer portrayal.
I think that Galactus has been far below 2-C at his weakest starving state, and he explicitly only used sufficient power to destroy 3 star systems on this occasion.

I think that Galactus has been far below 2-C at his weakest starving state, and he explicitly only used sufficient power to destroy 3 star systems on this occasion.
Well maybe, but his absolute weakest key is currently rated as 2-C but it perhaps could be changed on his profile then.

Well, regardless, he explicitly only used a 4-A scale of power on this occasion.

Anyway, what do our staff and knowledgeable members think that we should do here?

Is there any reason why we don't have a key for Spider-Man with Beyonder's power?

Are you talking about "Spider-Man and the Secret Wars"? That was a part of a series of stories, such as "Avengers and The Infinity Gauntlet", and "Captain America and the Korvac Saga", that did not fit in with regular continuity at all.

Are you talking about "Spider-Man and the Secret Wars"? That was a part of a series of stories, such as "Avengers and The Infinity Gauntlet", and "Captain America and the Korvac Saga", that did not fit in with regular continuity at all.
Can there be a separate profile for that, then?

Did it last for ten issues? The stuff for Acts of Vengeance happened towards the end and he gave them up rather quickly.
I think that he had quite a lot of appearances as Captain Universe, given his sheer number of weekly comic-books and crossovers at the time.

Can there be a separate profile for that, then?
Well, they would have to scale from their own feats in that case, and there also do not seem to be a sufficient number of appearances for those versions of the characters to warrant profile pages of their own.

See here, please:

I think that he had quite a lot of appearances as Captain Universe, given his sheer number of weekly comic-books and crossovers at the time.
I went through them all:
  • Web of Spider-Man : #59, #60, #61
  • The Amazing Spider-Man : #327, #328, #329
  • Peter Parker The Spectacular Spider-Man : #158, #159, #160
  • Quasar : #6
He only has ten total appearances and the story arc lasted for under one total year. He only gets more than ten if you include What If #31 as an appearance.

Okay. Then the statistics key can probably be removed.

I really liked the Spider-Man as Captain Universe stories though.

I mean if 11 is enough to keep it we can keep it. Though any hard scaling would only be accomplished with What If #31 included I think, since he gets Thor and Nebula scaling in that.

Goliath, who was stronger than Wonder Man and managed to severely injure a drunk Hercules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back