• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reality-Fiction Transcendence: Why is it qualitative superiority?

Why does the wiki consider Reality-Fiction Transcendence as qualitative superiority, causing the character or object that sees the world/character/etc. as fictional to be 1-A?

I have looked at the wiki a bit (apologies if I make mistakes because I have joined recently) and have seen that qualitative superiority represents ontological superiority so that it transcends all possible dimensions (such as an infintie amount of them or so forth) and cannot be accepted as a quantitative superiority (since dimensions were accepted as such), rather involving a greater mode of existence than any quantitative element.

But wouldn't higher-dimensional beings be considered as existentially superior too? And also, how does Reality-Fiction Transcendence relate to our world? We humans barely can imagine the fourth dimension; and we are obviously three-dimensional beings, and yet we see two-dimensional objects as fictional too, no? So how come we see it as such while we are, obviously, not qualitatively superior to anything.

Does Reality-Fiction Transcendence then only apply to fictional works rather than in our reality? If so, that is a bit weird to say we cannot "bring" this reasoning and way to see about Reality-Fiction Transcendence to the world that is ours, since the other parts of the tiering system seemed logical and didn't contradict our world. I believe the tiering system should also relate to our world, no?

I remember that, in the past, Reality-Fiction Transcendence used to be simple "dimensional superiority" (called qualitative in the past and which would now actually called quantitative) since it made the character/object gain a higher dimension. Was this more reasonable? Even then, the questions I am going to send right under this brings me doubts about it being "dimensional superiority".

Finally, how do we treat fiction in the form of drawings, paintings, etc.? They are fiction too, we see them as such, they are not real, and yet they exist on a three-dimensional plane, albeit infinitesimal. I had also thought about theatre scenes but it obviously would not qualify since they are made by alive and real people merely putting on a mask and playing a fake role.

That was all. I sincerely apologize if I have misunderstood anything about this or if the questions were already answered in another thread or in the wiki page. I would also like to apologize in advance if the tags I have put weren't the right ones or if I missed some.

that it transcends all possible dimensions (such as an infintie amount of them or so forth)
These are the axes here.
But wouldn't higher-dimensional beings be considered as existentially superior too?
Not really. If we stop at the High 1-B characters, then we can just say that they don't transcend the concept of dimension.
And also, how does Reality-Fiction Transcendence relate to our world?
We are qualitatively superior to works of fiction. No matter what is added to them, they will never be able to reach us. A visualization of this sort.
Does Reality-Fiction Transcendence then only apply to fictional works rather than in our reality?
No. If we take the case of religion then in our reality the Gods will be this kind of being.
Finally, how do we treat fiction in the form of drawings, paintings, etc.? They are fiction too, we see them as such, they are not real, and yet they exist on a three-dimensional plane, albeit infinitesimal.
What it literally is: fiction.

Back