• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Battle takes place in a parking garage with both characters staring each other down from 20 meters apart.

No gravity magic for Dresden and Raziel is considered defeated when his Material form is destroyed.

Raziel: 0

Harry Dresde: 0

Defiance-Fankit-Character-Raziel
Ex-Vampie Ghost Thing

Dresdentvtimage 7908
Smart Mouthed Wizard

Raziel:

Superhuman Physical Characteristics - Dresden actually doesn't naturally have this, instead requiring the use of his spells to supplement his durability and AP, so there's an advantage.

Immortality (Type 1 and 3, 7 in the Spectral Realm) - 1 doesn't matter unless Raziel decides to outlast him or something, 7 doesn't matter either and would likely mean soulfire is going to be extra harmful, and you say that Raziel's material form being killed means he is defeated, so I don't know how relevant 3 is here.

Can walk through no solid walls (Only in the Spectral Realm) - "no solid walls"? I can walk through no solid walls too. Anyway, this is only in the Spectral Realm, and is kinda meh. Is this just meant to be intangibility or something?

Elemental Manipulation (via Wraith Blade) - Dresden counters fire, air, and ice. Also, if the blade requires Raziel to hit people, Dresden can probably just play keep away.

Regenerationn (Low-Godly) - You say dresden wins if Raziel's material form is killed, but what level of Regenerationn does Raziel have without coming back from his soul?

Soul Absorption - how does he do it? Does he pull the soul out of the body, does he need to kill them first, etc

Telekinesis - This is just a force push, so I don't think it would be too much of a problem for Dresden to block.

Matter Compression - Is this just referring to the stone glyph? How is it used, what's its range, and how long does it last?

Wall Crawling - meh

Dimensional Travel (Between Spectral and Material Realms) - Dresden's got the Nevernever

Casuality Immunity - as in Time Paradox Immunity? Dresden doesn't use causality or time travel, so redundant.

Corpse Possession - won't be possessing Dresden until after he's dead, so meh.

Invisibility (Via Elemental Reaver) - Dresden pulls out the Sight.

Purification (Via Spiritual Reaver) - I do not know what this means.

Dresden:

Longevity - not as good as Type 1 immortality.

Regenerationn (Low) - not combat applicable

Magic (including being able to redirect the spells of others) - more useful

Gravity Manipulation - restricted

Telekinesis - Same as Raziel, can send out blasts of force

Magnetism Manipulation - don't remember what he can do with this

Energy Manipulation (including Reflection) - cool

Energy shields - can block stuff with forcefields

Fire Manipulation - cool

Ice Manipulation - snaps his fingers and Raziel is flash-frozen

Portal Creation - can open portals to the Nevernever. Could BFR Raziel somewhere.

Summoning - uh, I don't remember him using this. He's certainly not a full on summoner like Binder.

Water Manipulation - cool, but meh

Earth Manipulation - don't remember what he did with this.

Sleep Manipulation - could put Raziel to sleep I guess.

Electricity Manipulation - can electrocute Raziel

Illusion Creation - useful as a distraction if he needs it

Mind Manipulation - only with prep, and in-character he wouldn't use it.

Levitatio - meh. Could maybe use it to play keep-away.

Air Manipulation - another form of attack

Necromancy - only in locations where a lot of people have died and/or with a dead non-human creature nearby.

Supernatural Senses (Via Soulgaze and the Sight) - can see through illusions and invisibility basically.

Precognition - uhh... I don't remember this. Maybe it's referring to his clairvoyant visions? They aren't combat applicable.

His aura disrupts modern technology - doubt Raziel uses any.

Can cut people off from their magic - I don't remember when he does this, but could be very useful.

Indomitable willpower - cool, but useless here

Soulfire - any spells infused with soulfire will do significantly more damage to Razeil

can regenerate his soul - it's a fairly slow process, taking about a week of living (not just surviving) to completely heal. Might be useful against soul absorption though.

Hellfire Manipulation - it's either this or soulfire. Both will do a large amount of damage to Raziel, but soulfire is more versatile as it can be imbued in any of his spells while Hellfire only works with the destructive ones

Can BFR enemies into the Nevernever

Dresden has probably got more range with the majority of his spells, and would not want to get into a physical close up fight with this guy, so he has an advantage there.

Not voting until I understand Raziel better.

Dresden's profile might need to be revised a little bit. Though I still do need to read the comics.

The only thing I can think the summoning might be is Necromancy, but he would need corpses or spirits near by to work with. Sleep and Mind Manip are either not combat applicable (too much prep needed) or against the Laws of Magic so out of character. Cutting people off from magic is via circles, so not combat applicable (too much prep needed).

Just felt like clarifying a few things. Researching Raziel right now.

Might want to get Antoniofer over here if you want to know more about Raziel, seeing as he's basically the only person here who's knowledgeable about the character and his verse. (He made all of the Legacy of Kain profiles)

Other than that, I don't have much of anything good to say, really.

This thread is over 1 month old, but going to write in order to clarify Monarch's doubts:

Immortality/Regen: With a physical body, Raziel's regen doesn't differ from common vampires, that is Mid-Low; however, Raziel needs to consume souls in order to regen.

The "can walks through no solid walls" only works in the Spectral Realm, he can pass through bars due no having body in the SR. Not usable in this match apparently.

Elemental Manipulation: Those attacks are also ranged, do not requiere direct contact with the blade to work, such fire projectiles, earthquakes, tornados, etc.

Soul Absorbtion: In the material realm he generally needs to kill them first, in Defiance he can rip the soul but the target was in a dying state so you can say that he killed it in that attack. He absorbed Dumah's powers, that can absorb souls without the need of killing the target, but Raziel never used that specific power, so there's no proof.

Telekinesis: besides launching projectiles, he can also pull/drag enemies (Just in Defiance).

Matter Compression: this is just an extention of telekinesis, instead of a pure tk blast, he compress the space to create a blast. Gonna need to change the name.

Casuality Immunity: hard to explain, due Raziel being resurrected, he has no fate, as such, he has free will (In universe, people has an specific fate that can't be changed, not even time traveling). Futhermore, Raziel is a living paradox, makes him the only one capable to change history when time traveling. Most of this stuff wouldn't work in a conventional fight, unless the adversary has Casuality/Destiny manipulation.

Corpse possession: this is how Raziel is capable to travel from the Spextral Realm to the Material Realm.

Purification: another thing difficult to explain, it purified Moebius and Kai, allowing them to see The Elder God and releasing them from the Wheel of Fate (although Moebius was devoured shortly after by Raziel); notice that both characters were Corrupted Pillar Guardians (corrupted by Mind hax), so not sure how that can affect this (or any other) combat.

Back