• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[R2M1] 1st Calamity of Cities Tournament - Plus-Droid vs. Abliter (0-0-0)

ExSENNA

Any/All
Welcome to the First Match of the Second Round of the 1st Calamity of Cities Tournament! (Bracket) (Event Leaderboard)

On the blue corner, we have Plus-Droid, submitted by @Froggytron
On the red corner, we have
Abliter, submitted by @VeneficaAuthor
Duel 9, let's go!

Droid is 60.9 Megatons, Abliter is 24 Megatons. Droid has a 2.53x AP advantage.
Droid has Class M/G, Abliter has Class G LS. I don't know who has the LS Advantage.

Charged State Droid is used.
Supression Mode Abliter is used.
Anything above 7-B is restricted.
Speed equalized.
The starting distance is 30 meters.
Everything else is SBA.

Droid:
Abliter:
Incon (coin flip):

Last edited:
HF should have LS since Droid has no value. Assuming he’s baseline HF is somewhere near 10x stronger. I also wonder how good Plus Droid’s heat resistance is. HF’s fireball should reach around 3000 degrees F scaling off of other fire abilities in verse.

Also High-Flyer’s keys have been changed to make things more original. So now Rinser Arc is Cold Copy Arc.

HF should have LS since Droid has no value. Assuming he’s baseline HF is somewhere near 10x stronger. I also wonder how good Plus Droid’s heat resistance is. HF’s fireball should reach around 3000 degrees F scaling off of other fire abilities in verse.

Also High-Flyer’s keys have been changed to make things more original. So now Rinser Arc is Cold Copy Arc.
Roger that. I will update the names once I get on a pc💂

HF should have LS since Droid has no value. Assuming he’s baseline HF is somewhere near 10x stronger.
Agree, Plus-Droid will have to go for LS boost if he gets caught
I also wonder how good Plus Droid’s heat resistance is. HF’s fireball should reach around 3000 degrees F scaling off of other fire abilities in verse.
1 648 degrees Celsius won't really cause issues to his armor, at max it's like unpleasant weather to him. A level underneath Plus-Droid can nearly without issues swim in lava (average lava is 1,300 degrees / 2372 F), and Plus-Droid's heat resistance at another level is decently stronger.
With a distance of 30 meters, how will High-Flyer open the fight?

1 648 degrees Celsius won't really cause issues to his armor, at max it's like unpleasant weather to him. A level underneath Plus-Droid can nearly without issues swim in lava (average lava is 1,300 degrees / 2372 F), and Plus-Droid's heat resistance at another level is decently stronger.

With a distance of 30 meters, how will High-Flyer open the fight?
Then the fireball may not negate durability but it’ll still harm Plus-Droid like it did Cinner who can completely resist the temperature. Elemental intangibility will also be a good tool for High-Flyer.

He would latch onto higher ground with his grapple and try catching Plus-Droid with it for attacks and throws. He’d also use his shuriken once that alone doesn’t work.

Then the fireball may not negate durability but it’ll still harm Plus-Droid like it did Cinner who can completely resist the temperature. Elemental intangibility will also be a good tool for High-Flyer.
Agree
He would latch onto higher ground with his grapple and try catching Plus-Droid with it for attacks and throws. He’d also use his shuriken once that alone doesn’t work.
So he would try to stick his grappling hook weapon on Plus-Droid's body, push him close, and deal many hits?

Plus-Droid could attempt mimicking this with his arm's intractability, but unlike the grappling hook, his touch causes fast absorption of life force (further fuelling his active 'Charged State'). As for throws and the shuriken, quick slashes and rotations of Plus-Droid's lightsaber covered with a Red Laser aura could be used to deflect them, he has a third hand if the two were busy with grappling.

So he would try to stick his grappling hook weapon on Plus-Droid's body, push him close, and deal many hits?

Plus-Droid could attempt mimicking this with his arm's intractability, but unlike the grappling hook, his touch causes fast absorption of life force (further fuelling his active 'Charged State'). As for throws and the shuriken, quick slashes and rotations of Plus-Droid's lightsaber covered with a Red Laser aura could be used to deflect them, he has a third hand if the two were busy with grappling.
Sort of. He can pull you in before punching you and throw you using the momentum gained by him traveling with his grapple before following up with another grapple latch attack.

Plus-Droid would have a hard time using that against High-Flyer if it needs touch. HF will be constantly emitting his slowing field which’ll put an around 2x hinder on all of his movements. And HF has a ton more experience with his weapons I’m assuming. The slowing field will also make it harder to Plus-Droid to guard attacks. And High-Flyer becomes much faster when he’s a fireball so not only will it be unexpected, it’ll be a nightmare to dodge. And once he’s back to human form, he’ll grab Droid for another hit to send him through buildings.

Sort of. He can pull you in before punching you and throw you using the momentum gained by him traveling with his grapple before following up with another grapple latch attack.

Plus-Droid would have a hard time using that against High-Flyer if it needs touch. HF will be constantly emitting his slowing field which’ll put an around 2x hinder on all of his movements. And HF has a ton more experience with his weapons I’m assuming. The slowing field will also make it harder to Plus-Droid to guard attacks. And High-Flyer becomes much faster when he’s a fireball so not only will it be unexpected, it’ll be a nightmare to dodge. And once he’s back to human form, he’ll grab Droid for another hit to send him through buildings.
This strategy would work effectively with base Plus-Droid, but this one (in key3) directly starts in his 'Charged State'
  • Charged State (explosive) - Upon gathering lots of energy in a short amount of time (like with Absorption), Plus-droid gets into his 'charged state', where his armor flashes white considerably. This state allows him to fire red laser attacks much more frequently at City Level AP, activates explosive "thorns effect" on his body, and gains optional extra stats overall. Gathering additional energy is necessary to keep the charged state on-going.
  • Explosion Manipulation (anything contacting Plus-droid's body is repelled back with a bright explosion, many notable techniques gain advancements)
The explosive "thorns effect" covering his entire body (limbs included) will blast HF away with 2.19x AP advantage each time he punches and attempts to throw Plus-Droid, furthermore, the loudness and brightness from an imminent distance will dull HF's senses rapidly. Determining HF doesn't have any super hax with a melee strike, it's beneficial to deactivate the "thorns effect" when HF would pull, for HF without explosive resistance to get seriously damaged when unleashing the quick ninja combos.

Having a hard time attacking/guarding with the slowing field + HF being faster in fireball form won't matter much if HF gets 2.19x more damage for each damage done to Plus-Droid, where he can decently heal wounds made on him with 80% F.P. vacuuming inorganic materials around, unlike HF without regen or healing. The only drawback for Plus-Droid is to maintain his Charged State to not lose the "thorns effect" when HF's combos triggering explosions are energy demanding. Now and then retracting an arm/leg onto the land space to absorb a piece of energy should be enough, could HF spot this weakness and attempt to prevent him from getting the energy?

This has been great but I’ll have to pull High-Flyer and Streak from the tournament due to an upgrade today removing all the Low 7-B/7-B keys from SDS.

Yeah, in that case, I made Abliter the winner against High-Flyer in Round 1 like how I made Swarm win against Varlet after I forfeit. This is now Abliter vs Plus-Droid.

This has been great but I’ll have to pull High-Flyer and Streak from the tournament due to an upgrade today removing all the Low 7-B/7-B keys from SDS.
Pretty saddening since this was an epic battle (it had an interesting irony, HF being the likely worst matchup for S.Abliter while Plus-Droid showed to do similar things to HF 👀)
Add Abliter back!!!!!!! #AbliterJustice
I agree, it will bring Plus-Droid a 50/50 battle where the winner of whatever side wins with difficult hard-diff or it ends up an incon due to identical strengths, but it's fair to Abliter
Yeah, in that case, I made Abliter the winner against High-Flyer in Round 1 like how I made Swarm win against Varlet after I forfeit. This is now Abliter vs Plus-Droid.
Will you rename this thread or create a new one for it?

Pretty saddening since this was an epic battle (it had an interesting irony, HF being the likely worst matchup for S.Abliter while Plus-Droid showed to do similar things to HF 👀)

I agree, it will bring Plus-Droid a 50/50 battle where the winner of whatever side wins with difficult hard-diff or it ends up an incon due to identical strengths, but it's fair to Abliter

Will you rename this thread or create a new one for it?
I renamed it

Back