• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[R1M5] 1st Calamity of Cities Tournament - Stirlat Gorestroker vs. GGesom (0-4-0)

ExSENNA

Any/All
Welcome to the Fifth Match of the First Round of the 1st Calamity of Cities Tournament! (Bracket) (Event Leaderboard)

On the blue corner, we have Stirlat Gorestroker, submitted by @ExSENNA!
On the red corner, we have
GGesom, submitted by @Froggytron!
Duel 5, let's go!

Stirlat is 3.3 Megatons, Delta is 10 Megatons. Ggesom has a 3.03x AP advantage.
Stirlat has Pre-Stellar, GGesom has Class K LS. Stirlat has the LS Advantage.

Base Stirlat is used.
Full knowledge GGesom is used.
Anything above 7-B is restricted.
Speed equalized
The starting distance is 30 meters.
Everything else is SBA.

Stirlat:
GGesom:4
Incon (coin flip):

Last edited:
So, what benefits GGesom is this match greatly is his broken information analysis, able to tell everything about the opponent and their abilities right away when pointing at them with his sword, which is GGesom's starting pose.
  • Disease Manipulation, Status Effect Inducement, and Mind Manipulation (Unlocked Gorestroke's primary aptitude, Pestilence, exudes an odorless, tasteless, invisible gas that can inflict the target with a disease that stuns them and affects their mind, making it extremely hard to think)
  • Existence Erasure (Unlocked Gorestroke's secondary aptitude, Erasure, allows it to erase its target from existence with one slash)
  • Limited Invisibility (Cavil Rifle can produce invisible bullets)
Thanks to this, GGesom can always watch out for these three most dangerous techniques of Stirlat, removing their deadly surprise window.

Besides this, GGesom will play with the 30-meter distance and will start with his ranged elementary move, attempting to out beat Stirlat's Low-Mid regen and Adaptation:
  • Air strikes - Forces air around him to stab enemies inside of it, carrying smaller Durability Negation effect.
Fully remembered knowledge will boost the numbers and sharpness, forming scalpel blades out of the surrounding air, able to deliver deadly cuts to Stirlat's body from all sides. They will be taking their time to cut his body pieces out with decent precision, as he is within the atmosphere with GGesom.
Base Stirlat is used.
Does Stirlat being in the base key have Low 7-B or 7-B durability?

Stirlat starts in his Chained form, meaning Low 7-B. The reason for this is that if he started as 7-B he'd immediately lead with Pestilence, something other people can't even notice, and just stall them until they succumb to disease, or kill them even earlier with Erasure, which erases things from existence even at smallest contact with Gorestroke.

These abilities are locked behind being Chained, as he needs to activate is binding vow Confine Pact, and get into his 7-B self to wield Unlocked Gorestroke. I choose to have him start like this

Stirlat should resist Info Analysis to a degree given he fights Swarm such as Varlets regularly and they cannot decipher his abilities, but I either deleted it when I overhauled his profile or forgot to add it in the first place. Granted, Varlet info analysis is less expansive than GGesom's.

Either way, Stirlat doesn't have a whole lot of abilities to begin with. He starts as Chained and says "f it we ball" and rushes at GGesom, attempting to dodge air strikes with his acrobatics and flight on top of that, and will try to slash him to death, each hit carrying Sunder with it

Air strikes covering so much area that it prevents him from dodging may cause him to just fall back and shoot GGesom with his Cavil Rifle, 5 out of 100 bullets from that will be invisible. He may also throw Bonds of the Passed and try to restrain GGesom while shooting.

GGesom has considerable AP advantage but Stirlat is very experienced in fighting those who can oneshot him, he's one of the Collectees who survived during Ser-Vasra's attack on the Moon despite being one of the weakest in there, Moon has many Tier 6 people he fought against. Also, GGesom needs to go for the head. If Stirlat becomes injured considerably he can just go unchained, causing him to become 66 Megatons and thus having a 6.6x AP and Dura advantage over him, idk what GGesom does then

Stirlat starts in his Chained form, meaning Low 7-B. The reason for this is that if he started as 7-B he'd immediately lead with Pestilence, something other people can't even notice, and just stall them until they succumb to disease, or kill them even earlier with Erasure, which erases things from existence even at smallest contact with Gorestroke.

These abilities are locked behind being Chained, as he needs to activate is binding vow Confine Pact, and get into his 7-B self to wield Unlocked Gorestroke. I choose to have him start like this

Stirlat should resist Info Analysis to a degree given he fights Swarm such as Varlets regularly and they cannot decipher his abilities, but I either deleted it when I overhauled his profile or forgot to add it in the first place. Granted, Varlet info analysis is less expansive than GGesom's.
I see
Either way, Stirlat doesn't have a whole lot of abilities to begin with. He starts as Chained and says "f it we ball" and rushes at GGesom, attempting to dodge air strikes with his acrobatics and flight on top of that, and will try to slash him to death, each hit carrying Sunder with it
Acrobatics may help the very first moment, but would be rather hard to evade them later on (blades would be made in ways nigh-impossible to dodge without true flight and up to millimeters close to his body)
Air strikes covering so much area that it prevents him from dodging may cause him to just fall back and shoot GGesom with his Cavil Rifle, 5 out of 100 bullets from that will be invisible. He may also throw Bonds of the Passed and try to restrain GGesom while shooting.
Using Void Shield (while manifesting more Air Strikes) could cancel both, doing these three actions in a row will each require utmost precision, but then again GGesom has traveled through dozens of thousands of verses, and has enormous experience using these the most.
  • Void shield - Spins his sword with a void element, nullifying any range attacks coming at him (and speed of melee attacks).
GGesom has considerable AP advantage but Stirlat is very experienced in fighting those who can oneshot him, he's one of the Collectees who survived during Ser-Vasra's attack on the Moon despite being one of the weakest in there, Moon has many Tier 6 people he fought against. Also, GGesom needs to go for the head. If Stirlat becomes injured considerably he can just go unchained, causing him to become 66 Megatons and thus having a 6.6x AP and Dura advantage over him, idk what GGesom does then
With GGesom's info analysis working even in a reduced form, I think he will go for cutting neck pieces very soon, given that it can reveal all weaknesses.

Also, bump Plus-Droid vs Ako reply

Stirlat basically flies like superman, but without needing to aim towards the direction he's flying to, he can move to any direction at max speed and precision while facing any other direction and using Bonds of the Passed and Cavil Rifle, focusing on all these is easier than breathing to him. His acrobatics also means he can instantly stop and instantly reach to max speed, with no time gap between them. So once he is damaged by air blades he'll be extra careful about them and insta stop his movement and acrobatics to evade, even a regular person can see milimeters so he should be able to see them before collusion

Stirlat resists powernull so Ggesom so Void Shield can't negate Bonds of the Passed or the bullets from Cavil Rifle. GGesom can at best use air blades to try to cut them, but 5 out of 100 bullets are invisible (they're like hard to notice in addition to that), Ggesom probanly cant cut them and gets shot, though he can tank quite a bit due to his 3x Dura advantage

While I can agree GGesom's info analysis is sufficiently better than what Stirlat resists, I think it should still make it more difficult for him to learn everything Stirlat has, likely to give him enough time for 3-4 unseen bullets to his head which he wont even see coming

Stirlat basically flies like superman, but without needing to aim towards the direction he's flying to, he can move to any direction at max speed and precision while facing any other direction and using Bonds of the Passed and Cavil Rifle, focusing on all these is easier than breathing to him. His acrobatics also means he can instantly stop and instantly reach to max speed, with no time gap between them. So once he is damaged by air blades he'll be extra careful about them and insta stop his movement and acrobatics to evade, even a regular person can see milimeters so he should be able to see them before collusion
Then GGesom will have to get very tricky with the air strikes, forming air rotating buzzsaws attempting to one-shot his neck and deploying complete walls in front of his trajectory to reduce motion, likely using 'Wind Symphony' currents to assist in movability restrain (yet the star LS makes it irrelevant), it will still benefit GGesom's movability options on the battlefield
  • Wind Symphony (orchestra) - Controls wind currents as the conductor's baton leads instrument playing, which can grab anything inside them. This way, he can change the direction of attacks, let himself flow in currents, or throw and push enemies at the ground/walls repeatedly.
Stirlat resists powernull so Ggesom so Void Shield can't negate Bonds of the Passed or the bullets from Cavil Rifle. GGesom can at best use air blades to try to cut them, but 5 out of 100 bullets are invisible (they're like hard to notice in addition to that), Ggesom probanly cant cut them and gets shot, though he can tank quite a bit due to his 3x Dura advantage
  • Air predictment style – A sword style orientated around the air, by a wind of opponent moves GGesom reads the opponent's attacks, while finding openings to do massive critical strike attacks. Also allows GGesom to read precisely the opponent's locations and movements from his wind currents.
Then dodging while getting creative with ranged air manip seems to be the best option, it has a decent chance to read the invisible ones too due to air movement reading
While I can agree GGesom's info analysis is sufficiently better than what Stirlat resists, I think it should still make it more difficult for him to learn everything Stirlat has, likely to give him enough time for 3-4 unseen bullets to his head which he wont even see coming
Agree, but the odds are slim, Stirlat would have to get really lucky to get 3-4 bullets to headshot before the defensive strategy is switched from 'Void Shield' into dodging with air prediction

GGesom also doesn't need to rely on Info Analysis here, attempting to cut off the head is the second logical step to go for after seeing your opponents regenerating body pieces

Idk if air buzsaw or anything in GGesom arsenal negs durability enough to oneshot him. I don't even underdstand what Wind Sympony does exactly and his bullets like himself move without air friction so they can't be sensed by air being pushed around, GGesom will know about invisible bullets but wouldn't be able to foresee them when they do come

Idk if air buzsaw or anything in GGesom arsenal negs durability enough to oneshot him.
His air attacks can decently push into flesh and materials, but it's far from a true durability negation. Does it require 7-8x bigger AP to slice the opponent's neck with a super sharp object?
I don't even underdstand what Wind Sympony does exactly
Makes a ton of wind currents on the battlefield, their direction can push opponents or GGesom himself, yet again his LS doesn't stand a chance to do anything to Stirlat
and his bullets like himself move without air friction so they can't be sensed by air being pushed around
That will greatly benefit Stirlat then, GGesom will be forced to go for earth-liquified waves traveling in front and around him to tank most of the bullets while letting him see through, assisting him in his 24/7 dodging. Invisible bullets will have to be lucky to not get stuck and land, there is a need for multiple to hit too, while GGesom can spam the buzzsaws attempting to severe Stirlat's head
  • Earth slash - With a sword slash summons a liquified "dirt wave" at the opponent, which can make them stuck in it. Can create hardened earth pillars this way too

I remember the oneshot gap being at 7.5x but that's when you have no dura neg at all, GGesom air blades seem to have some dura neg but probably not enough to cut through a clean slash across his neck.

I see Wind Symphony as not very useful then other than cutting bullets maybe idk

I see GGesom makes a mud wall sorta thing but Stirlat will be flying the whole time so can't he maneuver around and shoot from another angle? I can see GGesom making another earth wall in that case

So anyway, I think this went long enough and I belive this boils down to one question. Can GGesom kill Stirlat before Stirlat unchains himself or not? There are two ways Stirlat will go unchain, the first way is that he took a lot of damage but it wasn't enough to kill him, such as a good strike on his neck that did not fully sever his head and he could heal with regen. the second way is that his attacks are constantly deflected and blocked, he already has a hard time moving close so his safest option is to use bullets as Bonds of the Passed can be cut apart before it can catch GGesom and he isn't getting close enough to slash at him with Gorestroke either, this will also annoy him and cause him to go unchained. I belive that once he does that GGesom can't do much because Stirlat becomes 6.6x stronger and can shrug off GGesom attacks enough to eventually catch him with either bullets, Bonds of the Passed or Gorestroke, or pestilence disease

I remember the oneshot gap being at 7.5x but that's when you have no dura neg at all, GGesom air blades seem to have some dura neg but probably not enough to cut through a clean slash across his neck.
Agree
I see Wind Symphony as not very useful then other than cutting bullets maybe idk
Agree
I see GGesom makes a mud wall sorta thing but Stirlat will be flying the whole time so can't he maneuver around and shoot from another angle? I can see GGesom making another earth wall in that case
One of his greater techniques allows him to alter a literal maze (from the ground below) with many floors around him and the opponent, spreading around most of the arena with honorable speed. Complicated liquified dirt waves rotating around him as many layered "spheres" shouldn't cause him trouble to make, it will tank most of the bullets, while he himself can jump and move with the layered spheres following his movement, making the aim on him even harder 👀
Can GGesom kill Stirlat before Stirlat unchains himself or not?
I think that the odds of GGesom killing Stirlat before he gets unchained are greater than the opposite, given that many air buzzsaws cutting the neck at once from more sides complete the one-hit move necessary, and there is practically infinite air around him to form hundreds, with more effort even thousands of great weapons tightly beside him.

The neck is the second place GGesom will go for, and the first cut makes it clear that Stirlat's skin needs more than 1 hit in a row to be completely cut off, no info analysis is needed for that. Earth walls/pillars/structures (craftable within kilometers distance) can further assist in heightening the odds of multiple air buzzsaws hitting the neck at row, and key2 GGesom has the required skill and knowledge to greatly multitask with his elemental manipulation.

Back